Sign in to follow this  
ianon

Hackers are pussies too.

Which admin? Most admins don't give a fuck, and some even use hacked weapons in themselves. I've used scripted in weapons that I've taken off other people on more than 15 servers, I've never even been kicked or warned, let alone banned. And if I was banned, I could easily report that server for unjust banning because they have no evidence of me doing anything against the rules.

Wait, so using a weapon you earned legit is cheating, but someone hacking in a crate of weapons isn't? LOL, okay, now I have some insight into the mind of a carebear.

Most admins do 'give a fuck' but they are exasperated with responses and forum posts outlining the problems. They also get heavily criticized and accused with ridiculous accusations. Currently people are just ganging up on the server admins because they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, for good reason because there are a few bad eggs that would just abuse the admin tools anyway. Have patience, soon server admins will have proper tools at our disposal and the admins that don't deserve to host anything will be removed.

You should not feel that you have earned a hacked in weapon. Hacking a crate is cheating. Using illegal weapons is cheating. No shades of grey there.

What about duped items?

I hope they deal with duplicating items because that defeats the game just as much hacking does. Once they have ironed it out I hope they wipe every server for a fresh start. Then we can put the duplicated item accusations to bed.

Edited by SumoS
  • Like 1

Most admins do 'give a fuck' but they are exasperated with responses and forum posts outlining the problems. They also get heavily criticized and accused with ridiculous accusations. Currently people are just ganging up on the server admins because they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, for good reason because there are a few bad eggs that would just abuse the admin tools anyway. Have patience, soon server admins will have proper tools at our disposal and the admins that don't deserve to host anything will be removed.

I hope they deal with duplicating items because that defeats the game just as much hacking does. Once they have ironed it out I hope they wipe every server for a fresh start. Then we can put the duplicated item accusations to bed.

I said duped items, not duping. Half the high end military items you pick up in game are duped, which is an illegitimate way of acquiring them. Do you destroy most AS50s/L85/M4 Holo/NVGs/Rangefinders/GPS/etc. you take off bodies too? Duping is breaking the game WAY more than scripted in weapons, which don't give much of an advantage at all if you suck at the game (which most scripters do).

I said duped items, not duping. Half the high end military items you pick up in game are duped, which is an illegitimate way of acquiring them. Do you destroy most AS50s/L85/M4 Holo/NVGs/Rangefinders/GPS/etc. you take off bodies too? Duping is breaking the game WAY more than scripted in weapons, which don't give much of an advantage at all if you suck at the game (which most scripters do).

Once they have dealt with duping they will wipe everything so the all of the duped items will be removed. That should reaffirm the status quo.

I suspect the only reason the devs have not opted for a zero-tolerance policy is they don't want to give themselves more work to do.

Be aware that this will hurt legitimate hoarders more but that is something we will all have to deal with.

Edited by SumoS

So you don't destroy most of the high end military loot you find on bodies? Makes you a bit of a hypocrite doesn't it?

So you don't destroy most of the high end military loot you find on bodies? Makes you a bit of a hypocrite doesn't it?

Where do I state if I have or have not?

Sure, many people dupe items intentionally for their own personal gain but that does not mean that everything has been duped. It is unfair to assume that everything 'high-end' is duped. The easiest way to deal with this is just decide what to do based on your experience.

E.g.

'A person has an AM rifle, NVG's, and a basic tool kit.' He is hanging around the NW airfield waiting for people. - I would say that its probably not duped.

'A camp with 5 AM rifles, 10 NVG's, 5 rangefinders, etc.' - Most probably duped.

'A player with a ghilie, hacked in weapon, M9 SD, satchel charges,' He is watching Cherno- Hacker/Duper/Exploiter/ Waste of space

I agree that duping is a major issue but the only way to prevent duping and make it ironclad is for the devs to fix the bugs and wipe everything back to the start. Only then can we have the confidence in everything you pick up. For the time being, just use your common sense.

xFortune I can see that you, like myself, are trying to act against people exploiting the game mechanics but please bear in mind, that you also prefer to use an AS50. So by your logic every AS50 has been duped. That seems a bit excessive.

Edited by SumoS
  • Like 2

Where do I state if I have or have not?

Sure, many people dupe items intentionally for their own personal gain but that does not mean that everything has been duped. It is unfair to assume that everything 'high-end' is duped. The easiest way to deal with this is just decide what to do based on your experience.

E.g.

'A person has an AM rifle, NVG's, and a basic tool kit.' He is hanging around the NW airfield waiting for people. - I would say that its probably not duped.

'A camp with 5 AM rifles, 10 NVG's, 5 rangefinders, etc.' - Most probably duped.

'A player with a ghilie, hacked in weapon, M9 SD, satchel charges,' He is watching Cherno- Hacker/Duper/Exploiter/ Waste of space

I agree that duping is a major issue but the only way to prevent duping and make it ironclad is for the devs to fix the bugs and wipe everything back to the start. Only then can we have the confidence in everything you pick up. For the time being, just use your common sense.

xFortune I can see that you, like myself, are trying to act against people exploiting the game mechanics but please bear in mind, that you also prefer to use an AS50. So by your logic every AS50 has been duped. That seems a bit excessive.

You completely avoiding my question leads me to believe that you don't destroy duped gear you find.

Also, I don't prefer to use an AS50, but I have to if I want my squad to stay competitive against others, because every other squad has 1-2+ AS50 snipers, 2+ L85s, etc., and I sure as hell am not going to hide a body and lose an AS50 (or an L85, or any other gun) that I earned just because it's duped, or scripted, or whatever. As soon as I kill someone, their loot is mine, I earned it fair and square. It would be nice if everyone earned their loot legit, but they don't, and I'm not going to act like a carebear and put myself and my teammates at a disadvantage because other people can't play the game properly.

You completely avoiding my question leads me to believe that you don't destroy duped gear you find.

Also, I don't prefer to use an AS50, but I have to if I want my squad to stay competitive against others, because every other squad has 1-2+ AS50 snipers, 2+ L85s, etc., and I sure as hell am not going to hide a body and lose an AS50 (or an L85, or any other gun) that I earned just because it's duped, or scripted, or whatever. As soon as I kill someone, their loot is mine, I earned it fair and square. It would be nice if everyone earned their loot legit, but they don't, and I'm not going to act like a carebear and put myself and my teammates at a disadvantage because other people can't play the game properly.

So you are merely admitting yourself as a hypocrite because the game has forced you to play this way? I am disappointed to see that you condone his actions because you cannot compete any other way. This only goes to show what some people are willing to do because of the actions of a small few, script-kiddies. Like I have stated already, if it is not part of the game you should not take it.

I agree with you in the sense that if I find an AS50, that I suspect, was not duped or hacked I would take it. However, I refuse to take anything that would give me an unfair advantage from illegitimate means. If I find a camp with items I suspect to be duped I will remove them and save the tent and/or blow it up/ run it over.

Keep up the good work Good Guy Greg

Indeed, thank you. Someone has to have morals and if there was a hint of sarcasm there I would politely refer you to check out what the Good Guy Greg meme actually means. You can find the details here.

Edited by SumoS

More than just a hint of sarcasm, sorry if I didn't lay it on heavier. Unless you were feeding into my sarcasm I saw no other reason for you to post the link.

As for topic at hand if I kill the guy with the obvious hacked/duped equipment, sucks to be him. I'll roll the dice and see what happens next.

Morals in a game, second best i've heard in DayZ since "friendly?"

Edited by moondoggie1992

So you are merely admitting yourself as a hypocrite because the game has forced you to play this way? I am disappointed to see that you condone his actions because you cannot compete any other way. This only goes to show what some people are willing to do because of the actions of a small few, script-kiddies. Like I have stated already, if it is not part of the game you should not take it.

I agree with you in the sense that if I find an AS50, that I suspect, was not duped or hacked I would take it. However, I refuse to take anything that would give me an unfair advantage from illegitimate means. If I find a camp with items I suspect to be duped I will remove them and save the tent and/or blow it up/ run it over.

Indeed, thank you. Someone has to have morals and if there was a hint of sarcasm there I would politely refer you to check out what the Good Guy Greg meme actually means. You can find the details here.

I'm not asking if you would destroy a camp. I would destroy a duper's camp too. I'm asking you, if you killed someone who was full of high end, probably duped gear, would you bury the body or take the gear? Say you found a CZ550 in a barn, went to Elektro sniper hill and came up behind some guy in a ghillie suit and killed him. He has an AS50, 6x mags, M1911 + ammo, Coyote backpack with an L85 in it with ammo, Rangefinder, NVG and med supplies, and a nearly full toolbelt.

I think you would definitely take most of that gear and use it. I certainly would. I outplayed him and killed him legit, I earned that gear at my own risk.

I'm not asking if you would destroy a camp. I would destroy a duper's camp too. I'm asking you, if you killed someone who was full of high end, probably duped gear, would you bury the body or take the gear? Say you found a CZ550 in a barn, went to Elektro sniper hill and came up behind some guy in a ghillie suit and killed him. He has an AS50, 6x mags, M1911 + ammo, Coyote backpack with an L85 in it with ammo, Rangefinder, NVG and med supplies, and a nearly full toolbelt.

I think you would definitely take most of that gear and use it. I certainly would. I outplayed him and killed him legit, I earned that gear at my own risk.

He wouldn't, his morals would get in the way :P

Edited by moondoggie1992
  • Like 1

The argument at hand here is if he had duped the items. If he had the gear you suggested he probably would have duped the items but there is still a 50% chance that he obtained them legitimately. So honestly, I would base my decision to bury or loot him on how he was acting. In the case you mentioned I would probably bury him.

The original discussion boiled around the use of hacked in items. These should not be used by anyone which is the point I raised. If you use them you are just as bad as the dupers and script-kiddies.

More than just a hint of sarcasm, sorry if I didn't lay it on heavier. Unless you were feeding into my sarcasm I saw no other reason for you to post the link.

As for topic at hand if I kill the guy with the obvious hacked/duped equipment, sucks to be him. I'll roll the dice and see what happens next.

Morals in a game, second best i've heard in DayZ since "friendly?"

Indeed. The false sense of anonymity on the internet is a wonderful thing for many people.

Edited by SumoS

If you would honestly bury him, and aren't just saying that to keep up appearances or make a point (which I doubt), then I hope to meet you in game so I can kill you with my much better gear.

Scripted in or duped, either way is an illegitimate way of getting a weapon. Scripted in weapons that aren't in DayZ aren't any better just because they're scripted. They don't get extra damage or accuracy, and the attachments are often not much, if any better than the versions found in DayZ. The AS50 TWS for example, the scope isn't very good unless you're counter sniping into foliage. When I had one, I found myself using the stock AS50 more because of the mildots and how much easier it was to see where the bullet landed (very hard to see puffs of smoke/blood on the thermal scope).

There are two scripted weapons that I would say actually give an advantage over regular weapons all the time. Those are the M4 holo M203 SD (good sight, silenced, and a grenade launcher) and the silenced PDW (silenced weapon with up to 30 rounds per mag). Everything else I've seen (KSVK, L115A3, AS50 TWS, G36SD) is either a trade-off (as with most other weapons) or is just plain inferior to current in-game weapons.

As such, it is usually just as bad to take a duped weapon off of someone as it is to take a scripted in weapon. But you can't know if something is duped or scripted in, in most cases. I've been walking around with an AS50 + 8 mags, M9SD + mags, M4A1 CCO SD + mags, every tool, rangefinder, and NVGs, all of which that I got legit, yet most people would say I duped the gear or scripted it in. I wouldn't expect anyone to bury my body if they killed me by outplaying me while I had all that gear, and I wouldn't do that to someone I outplayed, either.

Soon as I get your GUID, I'll post it so all the SA's can add you to their Ban list.

Have Fun

EDIT:And to everyone else, I got rid of the gun. Found better legit gear from loot spots, tents and survivors. I already found another AS50 TWS and just buried the body. If you wanna ban me go ahead.

Edited by IAnon
  • Like 2

Talking to someone like you is useless. You have an excuse for everything. Using a scripted in gun is cheating, if you use it on my server I'll ask you to get rid of it, if you don't you will not play on my server.

Easy to prove that the weapon you have is not a legit weapon, impossible to prove that the legit weapon you have is duped in.

next excuse.

Talking to someone like you is useless. You have an excuse for everything. Using a scripted in gun is cheating, if you use it on my server I'll ask you to get rid of it, if you don't you will not play on my server.

Easy to prove that the weapon you have is not a legit weapon, impossible to prove that the legit weapon you have is duped in.

next excuse.

Not allowed to kick/ban for that, if you do, your server won't exist.

:)

Not allowed to kick/ban for that, if you do, your server won't exist.

:)

Can and do. Warn player that the weapon is not allowed, they dont drop it, they get kicked. They return with it, they get banned. Been a rule since we got the server, has been enforced many times, server is still there. Wanna try it out, US 1023.

Edit: Almost every player drops the weapon when they are told to, think maybe 2 players wouldn't and after they were kicked, they never returned.

Edited by AADiC

Can and do. Warn player that the weapon is not allowed, they dont drop it, they get kicked. They return with it, they get banned. Been a rule since we got the server, has been enforced many times, server is still there. Wanna try it out, US 1023.

Edit: Almost every player drops the weapon when they are told to, think maybe 2 players wouldn't and after they were kicked, they never returned.

Should consider yourself lucky they didn't report you. :)

Should consider yourself lucky they didn't report you. :)

No, I think that most people who use exploits/cheats realize that if they report, the devs will end upcoming down on them not the SA's. Anyone that uses weapons that are not in the game fall into those categories.

If you would honestly bury him, and aren't just saying that to keep up appearances or make a point (which I doubt), then I hope to meet you in game so I can kill you with my much better gear.

Don't worry mate my gear is capable enough for the role I play. It just saddens me to see someone so misguided as yourself who can only feel able to compete by knowingly using exploits and condoning them. I can certainly empathize with your argument but now you are just arguing in hypothetics.

The original argument boils down to the OP knowingly taking a hacked item and in his case he has got rid of the weapon, kudos to him. You however, are continuing to argue the point that has already been made moot.

It does not matter if they have any particular bonuses, the example you gave for the AS50 TWS is certainly not accurate. That weapon in many peoples hands is a major advantage. Combine being able to see people as a heat image and a one hit kill and it would be a powerful tool. Your preference to mildots is laughable because you cannot compare the two accurately.

Quite simple, if you use a hacked in item you are exploiting the system and are as much of a problem as the scrip kiddies/dupers.

Edited by SumoS
  • Like 2

No, I think that most people who use exploits/cheats realize that if they report, the devs will end upcoming down on them not the SA's. Anyone that uses weapons that are not in the game fall into those categories.

No, people who use scripted weapons do not fall into the exploiter or cheater category, as Rocket as already said. Sorry kid. :)

No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

Don't worry mate my gear is capable enough for the role I play. It just saddens me to see someone so misguided as yourself who can only feel able to compete by knowingly using exploits and condoning them. I can certainly empathize with your argument but now you are just arguing in hypothetics.

The original argument boils down to the OP knowingly taking a hacked item and in his case he has got rid of the weapon, kudos to him. You however, are continuing to argue the point that has already been made moot.

It does not matter if they have any particular bonuses, the example you gave for the AS50 TWS is certainly not accurate. That weapon in many peoples hands is a major advantage. Combine being able to see people as a heat image and a one hit kill and it would be a powerful tool. Your preference to mildots is laughable because you cannot compare the two accurately.

Quite simple, if you use a hacked in item you are exploiting the system and are as much of a problem as the scrip kiddies/dupers.

In a squad vs squad, assuming both teams are equal skill level, the one with better gear will win. One squad takes weapons off of people they kill, the other squad hides the bodies because the items are duped. The carebear squad loses.

How is a thermal scope better than a regular scope, except when counter sniping? Being able to estimate range with mil dots and being able to see where your bullets land, should you miss a shot, is very important.

Killing someone and taking their hacked weapon is not the same as putting the weapon in the game yourself. I'm having zero effect on the problem. The hacked weapon is neither spawning nor despawning, just passing through my hands into the hands of whatever player kills me. And until duping is taken care of, so I know that whatever weapon I pick up is almost definitely legit, as opposed to the small chance of being legit that they have now, I'll continue to use whatever weapon I can.

• Like 1

I would like to see a DayZ Staff say something about this...

You all are argueing points of a moral issue which generally doesn't come to a mutual ground when it all said and done. Some people believe using hacked in items is bad and the others see it as a legit thing, provided it was taken from someone who posessed it before them. I for one don't beleive in using hacked in items, not part of the game but thats just my own opinion. I don't go as far as putting them in the same category as scriptors or dupers or any of the sort, I just say it is morally wrong. Again my own opinion and isn't up for debate. As far as admins, there control over their own server is very limited and shouldn't be that way. They pay for the server, it should be their way or the highway. Yeah there are abusive admins on servers and such, but they are more easily dealt with than a scriptor. An abusive admin is more likely 1 in 1000 as opposed to scriptors which feels more like 1 in 40. As far as duping goes, there isn't a way to track it. It's not easy to tell if something is duped or if it is legit. It's up to that person to decide. Still, duping is wrong, breaks up the status quo of the game but it doesn't necesarily give someone an upper hand. Meaning person A having duped items vs player B non duped items comes down to who has the better gear at the time of the encounter. Each person has the opportunity to find high end gear, so it's up to the player to stay alive long enough to get it.