Braxton

[Legion] Admins abusing power on Dallas servers.

True or not this isn't the first case I've heard/seen admins getting upset and kicking because of being killed. If it bothers you that much there are plenty of other servers to enjoy the game on.

Hello.

I do not want to point fingers, but I would like to very much make this public.

I will attest that I have played in the Dallas #2 server several times, for two days, and has since has been avoiding the server like the plague.

The Legion members are rude, they kick you for being a bandit, they kick you for killing one of their members, they kick you for bad mouthing them, and I was so disgusted I took screenshots of the conduct in question. But I decided to be a bigger man and keep them to myself. This was roughly a week ago.

However, seeing this thread today, a week after my experience, I'll just post one screenshot of Chaos' position on the issue.

This has happened after a bandit has killed one Legion member, and afterwards called one of them a bastard. He was kicked a minute later.

Several individuals got up in arms, upset that Legion was kicking people for playing the game like it is intended to be played. Several minutes later, Chaos commented on the issue. But take what I say with a grain of salt, the only solid proof I have is the screenshot.

Needless to say, this is not the kind of server I want to be a part of.

The position of "It's our server we can do as we please" only stretches so far. Their actions in their own server have gamewide implications no matter what. The server model for this game is very very unique, and it's only going to get worse as more of these issues arise. Personally I feel that the only time an admin needs to flex his/her authority, is when someone is cheating/exploiting/voice spamming. Kicking for being a bandit, or because someone killed you/hurt your feelings/tied their shoes wrong is weak

The position of "It's our server we can do as we please" only stretches so far. Their actions in their own server have gamewide implications no matter what. The server model for this game is very very unique' date=' and it's only going to get worse as more of these issues arise.

Personally I feel that the only time an admin needs to flex his/her authority, is when someone is cheating/exploiting/voice spamming. Kicking for being a bandit, or because someone killed you/hurt your feelings/tied their shoes wrong is weak

[/quote']

I don't believe the position of "It's our server we can do as we please" works with this mod as it has global implications as you said.

However, I do believe that ONLY if someone is saying "Racist" stuff in-game or spamming chat that they should get a warning that they're being kicked for X reason so they have time to hide.

Other than that, playing the game as intended (ie: Banditry) is NOT an ok reason to get kicked as I believe happened to me the more I talk to people about [Legion] =/.

Not to mention their server has the largest desync out of all of them. I even get a better connection to the New Zealand server from the states than I do to their servers which is unfortunate :/!

One thing I would like is for the legion members to stop spamming other servers.

Nearly every time I play on a server, whether it be a French, European or US one. There is always one legion member who constantly says come join legion, our team speak is blah blah and our server is great! Be a legion member today!

Please stop spamming chat with the above. Fucking annoying.

Tried their server once, got kicked.

With all the problems logging & loading in, getting admin kicked is a very good reason to avoid this server.

That pic speaks volumes.

So Legion are the new "29th Clan" from Darkest Hour Mod? sigh

I played with the legion guys about a week ago one us1 and I found them to be pretty decent guys.

A little OT, but i thought it was Black Legion from 40k not Alpha. If it is Alpha legion then you cant trust any of them because they are all Alpharius.

I would also like to note that Legion passwords their server and just plays with legion guys. Which is fine but this means they can go loot all the good stuff without having the problems of other guys being around. Again no problem.

What is the problem is that when they have this loot they can use this on other servers but this is loot they gained in an unfair manner.

I would also like to note that Legion passwords their server and just plays with legion guys. Which is fine but this means they can go loot all the good stuff without having the problems of other guys being around. Again no problem.

What is the problem is that when they have this loot they can use this on other servers but this is loot they gained in an unfair manner.

You have to be kidding... :@

No surprise. I avoid their servers at all costs seeing that they kick people for essentially being mean, killing them, or if they don't get it their way.

I'm no big fan of legion, but they only passworded the server once for an hour, it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that "Legion passwords their server and just plays with their guys." They did that once. I also assumed that they did it to grab good shit, but now I tend to think otherwise. Just playing a bit of devil's advocate, I guess. There are some fine legion folks, there are some massive faggots among them. Same with a lot of groups.

I'm no big fan of legion' date=' but they only passworded the server once for an hour, it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that "Legion passwords their server and just plays with their guys."

[/quote']

ApRGz.jpg

Nope one evening, maybe 2/3 days ago the server was passworded for atleast +3 hours. Cause I started playing at like 7pm and when i stopped at maybe 11:30 pm the server was still passworded

And these are not lies i have other witnesses from that evening playing, because we were discussing this on teamspeak and how good this would be to actually passwod servers and loot the airfield the whole day without having other players around.

On a sidenote: I have no beef with the legion guys. I just dont go to their server because of the settings and the getting kicked without warning when you are in a crappy place to be kicked.

I would also like to point out that last night there was a thread in the server forum (i believe) titled "[Legion] Dallas 2 Server Donation Thread!! [super long nameeee]!", in which pretty much the same discussion was going on.

It misteriously disappeared. *cue dramatic music*

Anyway, so much has been said about this in these 5 pages, so I'll keep my post short and to the point:

In a community that is founded on voluntarily providing servers as means of supporting the alpha version, this kind of behaviour, especially where there is solid proof (in posts and screenshot) of an "abusive" administration, is not acceptable. There are, I believe, a few unwritten rules, that Legion appears to have broken, despite their best efforts to excuse themselves on the forums. Yesterday chaos even admitted it openly, in words that can be interpreted as "we pay for the server, live with it", a position that is also restated in the screenshot above.

That's not how it works. If this was vanilla arma2, you would be absolutely right. This is not, it's a phenomenon unto itself, even before taking the mod's persistance into account. In order to preserve the nature of the mod, it's NECESSARY to have consistent servers that behave in pretty much the same way.

Since noone else seems to have ever kicked people from "their" servers (which are "theirs" as much as the rent goes, but HAVE TO BE MANAGED by the dev team as far as the game is concerned) to make space, it seems reasonable that the same should happen on the Legion server.

Let alone kicking for being a bandit or discussing with the server "staff".

Also, saying "if you don't like our server, don't come" is extremely douchebaggery, if you are really doing it for the community and the mod you should be worried about spreading the word, and providing the best experience possible for the players. Not counting that less people, less competition (heh).

A server is a donation, in this case, all you are doing is donating to the team by providing a place for players to, well, play, and contribute to the testing and the development of the mod.

If you are doing this expecting privileges, or even monetary gain (you had opened a donations thread, i've seen it), you're mistaken.

My 2 cents.

There is one way to fix all of this, but it is a ball ache for rocket.

Make it so that when a server is passworded it is taken off the hive for that amount of time so anyone going into it does not get saved into the hive.

The admin kicking off people for members is not right because these servers where donated to DayZ, You are not hosting a mod from the armaholic, You came to Rocket and said here is a server you can use, use it. After that moment it was no longer yours to control and have priority over because that affects the hive as a whole, the foundation of this mod is survival of the fittest and how can that be true when the server is being controlled by friends you know, I run with a big group but even then we are not clan mates and every day I worry one of them will back stab me for a can of beans. Where is that fear if you are running deep with your own clan and ruling with a iron fist.

I might be hated for these comments but that is the simple truth.

Just give it some time, there are consequences for these actions.

~Derranged

Played on their server a couple of times, some of their members seem like total faggots and arrogant assholes with a huge ego (from what I've seen/experienced). Don't think ill go to their server much anymore now.

Ill advise anyone not to donate to this particular group of people.

Chaos' pid='7394' dateline='1336007064']

No more soundclips over VOIP will be played' date=' rest assured, sand.

Cheers,

Chaos

[/quote']

Glad to hear it. It breaks immerssion and ruins the feel of the mod. Happened a couple of times today, but no big deal since you guys put an end to it. Other then that I've had no problems with Legion. I like that you guys deter bandits from your server. Only people who would dislike you guys are people who have fun ganking people and only play to ruin peoples day. :P

Calm down, too many things are in play here and with too many looking from the outside in.

People get kicked to make spare for members- No problem with this at all, they will have some or all members who donate to their server and they 100% deserve a spot on the server ahead of a public player

Bandits kicked? - Well perhaps the server was full and someone had to go, since you were in the minds of the clan members it would be an obvious one - as you are no more important than the dude hiding somewhere and not attacking people

Clan members advertising their clan? Who cares, its the admins of the servers who deal with that and until someone puts their foot down its fair game.

Locked server? Sure it was maybe not a performance issue I know guys at UO who I play with have locked the server a few times but that was too see if it helped to stabilize lag at the time (and that was 2/3 days ago they did that)

In closing, MAN UP, GO TO ANOTHER OF THE MANY SERVERS.

Thanks.

:)

Chaos' pid='7394' dateline='1336007064']

No more soundclips over VOIP will be played' date=' rest assured, sand.

Cheers,

Chaos

[/quote']

Glad to hear it. It breaks immerssion and ruins the feel of the mod. Happened a couple of times today, but no big deal since you guys put an end to it. Other then that I've had no problems with Legion. I like that you guys deter bandits from your server. Only people who would dislike you guys are people who have fun ganking people and only play to ruin peoples day. :P

Reaction to the quoted post.

youmustbenewherewillywo.jpg

I like that you guys deter bandits from your server.

Sorry where did they say this? If so it would be going against the mod so I am sure they don't :)

I know we get a lot of hate. I feel that very little of it is deserved' date=' and the hate that is, stems from misunderstandings like this one. The kicking thing is generally not an issue with a player in particular. The admins, the owners of the server, are making space for Legion members. We realize that we should be making a bit more of an effort to inform players of why they are being kicked, so they have a chance to get to a safe place. This is a courtesy that we don't neccessarily have to observe. Do you pay for the server? Have you donated to Legion? Are you a member? Then don't expect to have a reserved slot, or feel entitled to a slot. [/quote']

It is absoloutely a courtesy you have to observe. Your money can't buy the rules. Kicking players in the middle of their game places characters in unneccessary danger and is open to all kinds of abuse.