Sign in to follow this  
Black (DayZ)

Restraining of Players

In any of the Life mods the cops have the ability to restrain people if they have their hands up, stunned, or if they're tazed. This should be put into the game, along with the ability to stun so if someone refused to raise their hands. This may help with a lot of the killing going on in the game. And it would add some realism I guess. Instead of killing you could just restrain, steal, and then leave them to either escape their restraints or release them yourselves. I've also seen some people talking of setting up "sheriffs" or "militias" to protect against bandits. You can see where this would help considerably.

Just a thought.

Nope, in this Apocalypse I want to kill others.

To much care bear and not enough killing in my opinion, I feel it should be a dark gritty atmosphere where we fight over the meager supplies and other scavengers to reach the top.

Nope' date=' in this Apocalypse I want to kill others.

To much care bear and not enough killing in my opinion, I feel it should be a dark gritty atmosphere where we fight over the meager supplies and other scavengers to reach the top.

[/quote']

Huh? No ones saying "get rid of killing and replace it with just restraints". Keep the murder, just add the ability to restrain to give people "options".

"too much care bearing"? Have you played this mod? Doesn't sound like it.

I can't see many occasions where I would use the restraint option. That doesn't mean that I don't support it but a shot to the head is a really effective option towards a uncooperative individual.

Getting up close to restrain will require a optimal scenario, and that will be rare, hence it will not change much in player killings.

At best this will lead to you getting restrained, then robbed, then made fun of and eventually you'd probably still be killed like before.

Honestly I don't see much of an improvement there. ^^

I'm all for new features, but this is probably not an important one.

I would love to see restrain option in this mod. My only murder in game happened when I was scavenging airstrip on the south with my mate and we met a guy. He didn't see us even though we were very close. We killed him just to make sure we're safe. Now with restrains I would handcuff the guy, do my scavenging and set him free instead. Just because I don't like killing players who aren't bandits. So yes, I second the motion.

I against any system that does the work for players. If you want to restrain someone, aim a gun at him and tell him to lay down or whatever then maybe put handcuffs on him if they wanna add that, but really there is no need for this at all.

I really like the idea, but I don't see it working on anything but a heavy role play server.

The problem is that death means nothing, so even if you eventually let the person go, why would they have any qualms about hunting you down, or even trying to kill you all right there?

I think it would be cool, and the opportunities for great role play spring to mind quite easily, but unless you're hosting a dedicated (and moderated) role playing server, I just don't think it would work very well in the mod.

Maybe if the weapons where only pointing to people when aiming (right click) much of the killing can be avoided. This way a bandit may say: "drop your weapon in 3 secs, don't aim at me or you are dead" instead of just shooting just in case for looting. A melee hit could take you down uncounscience for about a minute and the looter would be done by then.