tsmhicks

Dallas 4 hacker found using [WTF] tag

So I am noticing server admins already abusing power on their servers. My group of 8 were at NE Airfield for around 3 hours holding it down, taking out around 4 / 5 people while looting and setting up a camp / patrol area. Guys started complaining because they couldnt get into the airfield without dying (which is their fault) and seconds later server restarted to night time and Admin says in chat "Im stopping this "camping" ". Moments later all of us getting shot at by a sniper with m16 and NVG on top of hill overlooking airfield. Admin then says "Man I love being able to teleport". Either he was cheating with teleport like I have seen in plenty of videos or there is a admin console out.

Im sorry but that is SOOOO retarded and unexceptable by ALL admins. Do not ruin people fun because of people who dont know how to take / raid an airfield correctly and just bitch n moan. We ended up losing a good player (thankfully able to get his loot).

For that I am blacklisting Dallas 4 for admin abuse. Learn to run a server please before you request to have one put up. People complaining just means they need to get better at the game and not go into something by running into it.

moved

Thanks Griff, I didnt know exactly where to put this thread :/

So I am noticing server admins already abusing power on their servers. My group of 8 were at NE Airfield for around 3 hours holding it down' date=' taking out around 4 / 5 people while looting and setting up a camp / patrol area. Guys started complaining because they couldnt get into the airfield without dying (which is their fault) and seconds later server restarted to night time and Admin says in chat "Im stopping this "camping" ". Moments later all of us getting shot at by a sniper with m16 and NVG on top of hill overlooking airfield. Admin then says "Man I love being able to teleport". Either he was cheating with teleport like I have seen in plenty of videos or there is a admin console out.

Im sorry but that is SOOOO retarded and unexceptable by ALL admins. Do not ruin people fun because of people who dont know how to take / raid an airfield correctly and just bitch n moan. We ended up losing a good player (thankfully able to get his loot).

For that I am blacklisting Dallas 4 for admin abuse. Learn to run a server please before you request to have one put up. People complaining just means they need to get better at the game and not go into something by running into it.

[/quote']

Admins can't teleport or spawn things. It was a hacker who was pretending to be an admin.

I know for a fact there is a troublesome group that operates on Dallas 4 (the server I base myself out of). I think they got wise and dont expose themselves while Im online, so I have been unable to track down who they are.

Drifter, the admin, is not malicious in any way. Please submit a cheat report in the cheat report subforum.

Talking to the group now the guys tag was "[WTF] "

So for those playing with any1 with this tag, Im assuming that group of people are going to be cheating as groups do things like that together (with having 7 years of CSS server running, this is very common). Please be on look-out n report :D

I hope you have proof. Send it to DayZ staff and they will handle it

No proof as we weren't recording tonight' date=' as we were just setting patrol n camp up. If there is a way to look at server chat logs, thats all the proof u'd need right? since it was dark and we dont hv nvg's atm and well kinda hard to watch someone teleport 600meters away from u :/ ut ya the tag was [WTF'] as reported by the guy that was killed

Talking to the group now the guys tag was "[WTF] "

So for those playing with any1 with this tag' date=' Im assuming that group of people are going to be cheating as groups do things like that together (with having 7 years of CSS server running, this is very common). Please be on look-out n report :D

[hr']

I hope you have proof. Send it to DayZ staff and they will handle it

No proof as we weren't recording tonight' date=' as we were just setting patrol n camp up. If there is a way to look at server chat logs, thats all the proof u'd need right? since it was dark and we dont hv nvg's atm and well kinda hard to watch someone teleport 600meters away from u :/ ut ya the tag was [WTF'] as reported by the guy that was killed

"ya the tag was [WTF] as reported by the guy that was killed"

That isn't even possible on Dallas 4 because "was killed" tags have been disabled since I put the server up.

Please provide some evidence that myself and the devs can investigate. Give me an approximate time when this occurred.... something.

So I am noticing server admins already abusing power on their servers. My group of 8 were at NE Airfield for around 3 hours holding it down' date=' taking out around 4 / 5 people while looting and setting up a camp / patrol area. Guys started complaining because they couldnt get into the airfield without dying (which is their fault) and seconds later server restarted to night time and Admin says in chat "Im stopping this "camping" ". Moments later all of us getting shot at by a sniper with m16 and NVG on top of hill overlooking airfield. Admin then says "Man I love being able to teleport". Either he was cheating with teleport like I have seen in plenty of videos or there is a admin console out.

[/quote']

After looking through logs, I am 100% sure NONE of this happened. I am the only admin on Dallas 4 and I take offense to you coming here and posting such garbage without any evidence whatsoever. I seriously hope you are just mistaken about which server you were on, but I doubt it. I think you are a troll and want to cause trouble.

Anyone who wants to look at the log files are welcomed to do so.

SLC1 is the prime example of this, loggers will get shot, then when you get the drop on them they log themselves, whilst spouting 4chan rubbish and being racist as fuck to russians.

[/quote']

After looking through logs, I am 100% sure NONE of this happened. I am the only admin on Dallas 4 and I take offense to you coming here and posting such garbage without any evidence whatsoever. I seriously hope you are just mistaken about which server you were on, but I doubt it. I think you are a troll and want to cause trouble.

Anyone who wants to look at the log files are welcomed to do so.

I can assure u I am not trolling. I have been helping as much as I can with bug finding myself as i care alot about this mod. 2) I was out of the server and was told this by my group all of them. Pretty sure ALL of them wouldnt lie to me as we have been on ur server for many days now. William McCoy was the #2 player in ur server and we were right under him. Could have been over chat or ingame voice. and yes player names still did/do come up in ur server as they did last night as we killed 4/5 players on NE airfield as well killed a player today. So unless u changed the server settings to come in here and defend yourself dont come in here n accuse me of trolling when our group is probably the most organized group in ur server and had player on day 21 day 26 on single life (matt and Duncan).

I only came in here thinking there was an admin CP or it was hacks because the player acted like an admin and said it over text chat or ingame voice that he loves teleporting and stopping the camping and took my team out within a few shots from hill overlooking NE airfield with NVGs and AR at around 500-700meters, which is not possible or very hard to do with an AR (not sniper). But since there isnt an Admin CP then it was def hacks. AND there are people HERE IN THIS THREAD saying the same thing as me, you "the only admin" is not on ur servers 24/7 nor do logs cover everything in the server, so this could have happened and honestly it did happen. I understand u are defending ur server as its UR server, but its a heads up that there is an active hacker in ur server with the tag [WTF] and u need to be on the lookout :D

P.S. dont give me negative reputation because u got butthurt that someone found something wrong with a server, and happened to be yours. Im just trying to help u out and let dev or anyone know to watch out when they are on ur server so we can get rid of them as soon as possible. I am personally black listing it because well its a hacker n best thing to do is not play on it, especially now since there is only 1 admin for the server.

SLC1 is the prime example of this' date=' loggers will get shot, then when you get the drop on them they log themselves, whilst spouting 4chan rubbish and being racist as fuck to russians.

[/quote']

Apparently making up their own rules as well with the explanation of "It's OUR server"

Also Drifter dude UR OWN thread about Dallas 4 2nd post says "To the hacker who just killed everyone burn in hell". IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE U HAVE Hacker(s) in ur server, but yet u are accusing me of lying. U know how easy it is to add a tag / name to a player with [WTF] and pretend to be an admin? We didnt even know u use the tag [WTF] as we going into servers that we can get into, till today after looking at ur thread. SO SERIOUSLY DUDE dont cover up please after it being a known issues in ur own thread that a hacker or now same or different hacker(s) being in ur server. Again not trying to start ANYTHING, I was simply warning people, urself, and the DEVs that there is another one using ur [WTF] tag and he did ended up taking out my group of 8 (minus me) SEVEN PEOPLE with AR (M16A4 with ACOG) from 500-700 meters away on hillside watching NE Airways consecutively and we all after saying what he said. So ya Drifter you need to keep a watch out for the player as you are the ONLY admin for the server or hire more, plain and simple. I person CANT run 1+ servers on their own. My gaming community TsM has 15 servers for CSS, BF3, and BFBC2 and we have 5-10 members for each server watching individual servers daily and we still dont catch everything.

Btw the incident happened 5/28/2012 12:30AM +/- 30mins

P.S. Sorry if it sounds like im bashing u and ur server, but I am not i am only trying to help. I was just pissed to see this happen to a server we like playing daily and it happened to us after the time we spent getting our shit together and it was taken away by a piece of shit hacker who thought it would be funny within seconds. (also i didnt know there wasnt a Admin CP as we dont have a server)

No player names do not come up upon death and never have in Dallas 4. If you aren't fabricating your story then you must be terribly confused.

I just did a text search on the logs from the last 3 days for the words "teleport" "teleporting" and "teleported" and there were only 3 times the words were used, all talking about zombies. Your event does not exist!

No player names do not come up upon death and never have in Dallas 4. If you aren't fabricating your story then you must be terribly confused.

I just did a text search on the logs from the last 3 days for the words "teleport" "teleporting" and "teleported" and there were only 3 times the words were used' date=' all talking about zombies. Your event does not exist!

[/quote']

Read my post...I said Text or Voice, I can clarify if you want when the player gets on. Im just reporting what I was told. And we were on Ur server for around 3-4 hours u can check that. Looks up Josh, Lucas, William, Matt, Duncan, Khaz

I dont think hes lying drifter.. dont freak out

Anyone can go into Dallas 4 anytime and ask around, you will see what kind of admin I am and that WTF folks are helpful....

[WTF] Canuck was the only one on with the WTF tag during that time. All I can find on him is of him being helpful to his fellow players.

I removed my negative rep for him, I give up on this subject. He gave no evidence and I can find nothing...

Anyone can go into Dallas 4 anytime and ask around' date=' you will see what kind of admin I am and that WTF folks are helpful....

[WTF'] Canuck was the only one on with the WTF tag during that time. All I can find on him is of him being helpful to his fellow players.

I removed my negative rep for him, I give up on this subject. He gave no evidence and I can find nothing...

I gave some evidence, just a shame we werent recording as we were just setting camp up, not doing anything that was worth recording. We record 75-80% of the time we play besides when we are setting camp up n patrolling area before we log off for the night. And William said it was over global Voice at 12:36AM this morning. So u wont and cant find any log info on that. More of word of mouth at this point. But its ur server, and u will do what u want and thats fine, just know my group of 12 are gone from ur server until a later time, maybe at next update or in a beta stage. Not saying u are wrong, but we arent trying to start something to be assholes, just trying to let u know (maybe take a look at the other [WTF] members idk, not for me to say nor decide. Good luck with ur server, hopefully we can come back at a later time when Rocket start implementing the anti-cheat system that doesn't allow them to inject