Sign in to follow this  
linkybaa

Need help with Arma 2

Hey guys! I've played 275 hours of Arma 2: CO, with about 250 of that being on DayZ. It's became my most played game on Steam!

I've always played on the lowest settings despite having a good rig, as Arma 2 isn't greatly optimised. I always get 60 FPS without any problems. Recently, I was playing on roleplaying servers, and of course they suffer from FPS problems, leading me to usually only get around 20-30 FPS even on the lowest settings because of the busy map! That's perfectly fine, and I'm used to it. But yesterday, I joined a RP server (after just leaving another without any problems) and encountered terrible lag! I had input lag, and general game lag, and I was only getting 3-4 FPS.

I left the match, thinking it was the server, only to find that even in the main menu, I was lagging. I've heard of people having this problem, and I've found that I'm getting 3-4 FPS on the menu and in-game on all of Arma 2's components! I reinstalled every Arma 2 game overnight, but as soon as I launched barebones Arma 2 this morning, I found I was still getting 3-4 FPS in the menu :(.

Can anyone help a player in distress?

Specs:

GTX 560 Ti - 1GB VRAM

AMD Phenom II X4 955 ~3.2GHz

4GB RAM