Sign in to follow this  
miket

Allow switching to flashlight and hatchet from scroll wheel menu

So tonight I was out of ammo and behind an invisible guy who was gunning down my team-mates. I could only see the smoke puffs from his gun, nothing else.

So I tried to drop my primary and switch to my hatchet.

To do this:

G to open inventory.

Click on gun.

Click Drop

Right click on Hatchet

Click "Remove from toolbelt"

Reload hatchet.

He had finished gunning me down and killed me by the time I reached the "Right click on hatchet" part.

So why not allow switching to hatchet from the scroll wheel menu?

You have a hatchet on your toolbelt, your secondary in your holster on your hip, and your primary in your hands. When you switch to primary, it goes on your back.

In other words, you've got a space for everything.

So why not just allow players to switch directly to hatchet/flashlight without having to drop their primary/secondary first?

Perhaps its a limitation of the ARMA 2 engine, but this seriously needs to change.

• Like 4

have some beans. i like that idea. As soon as you get 2 weapons, your hatchet basically becomes a wood gatherer. its dumb

If you can switch to binoculars by pushing the B button and can switch to flares and chemlights by pushing the f button and you don't need to equip any of the above in order to do so, I don't see why they don't just tag the hatchet as an equippable item you can swap to at will until this situation is fixed.

• Like 1

They could change the hatchet so it goes into primary ammunition slot so it could be equipped like hand grenades.

• Like 1

These ideas are so much simpler than what I had in mind! I was thinking we should just have a melee weapon slot (maybe in the standalone), but having a hotkey like for binoculars, maps, compass, watch, etc. for switching to flashlight and hatchet is much easier.

This really needs to happen.