Sign in to follow this  
andym773@hotmail.com

Bring in an autorun!!!

Hey there, as much as I love day z I have to admit I'm pretty sure at the rate of which I have to use my fingers to run everywhere across a huge map I'm pretty sure they are soon going to fall off!

Which is why I think there should be a toggle autorun feature such as say Num-lock button. I don't think this would affect game play or make it easier for anyone to gain an unfair advantage; such as toggling on and going afk as it runs north because lets face it, zombies and bandits await them as well as the impassable bushes!!!

So yeah there's just a suggestion ^^ Have mercy on my poor finger and bring in auto run :)

Cheeerrrss x

• Like 6

"its not harcore", or "not realistic", although when running in RL you start wandering off in your mind with other tohughts, distracting yourself from the act of running, making it almost automated. Dunno, this could be implemented but the pace cannot be the fastest one

AutoIt or AutoHotKey can be used to do this.

I personally have a Logitech G110 and use this script:

function OnEvent(event, arg, family)

if event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 10 then

state = not state

if state then

PressKey("w")

else ReleaseKey("w")

end

end

end

What this does: When I press the button G10 (if event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 10), it presses the W key. When I press it again, it releases the W key.

Its pretty much equivalent to putting a weight on your W key.

• Like 1

Been suggested before, use the search function.

I personally have no problem running everywhere and something like this is pure fucking laziness to be honest.

If you're using Steam you can bring up the steam overlay while you're holding down w to run and then exit steam overlay and your character is still running...

I think this is a great idea and it will save people from having there fingers hurt by playing after walking in DayZ for 20 mins. I hope this gets added. :)