Sign in to follow this  
Shuriken (DayZ)

What are sanctuary servers, and how do they work?

These past few days ive seen these servers named "sanctuary" so one of them has nice ping, and a decent pop so i join

i spawn without my stuff on the coast(this is before update) so i freak out and immediately abort. i log on to a regular server to find that i still have everything

i did some searching around but all i could find is that theyre not connected to the main hive. i have a few questions that im hoping someone can answer

Will a character on a sanctuary server save(next time i log on to the same server) my character?

Will i get a different character for each sanctuary server?

Will anything happen to my regular character(the one i play on regular servers)

Are these allowed?

From what I understand is that they are a standalone hive, what this means is that Yes your character will save on this server and resume when you log back in. Your DayZ character will not be affected so in effect you will have two different characters. These standalone servers each retain your character, it doesnt copy across to other Sanctuary servers.

*1 yes it will but only on that server

*2 Yes I think as long as they've not got there own sort of hive so lets say 2 servers are hosted by the same person for more room and they make it enabled (not 100% sure about that)

*3 No it will not

*4 they are not supported by Rocket or the Dev team

Hope this answers everything :)

Edited by Cheese_omg