Sign in to follow this  
IcausedIt

Best settings for the game?

Alright so I just boguht arma II just to play dayZ (awesome stuff) and well it's really, I'm guessing... laggy? Not sure it's just running slow and not at a normal speed the FPS is a bit messed up. What's a good setting for me to use. This is what my cumputer has

Intel core b960 processor (2.2GHz 2mb l3 cache ect ect)

NVIDIA GeForce 610m up to 2741mb turbo cache

4GB DDR3 memory

750 GB HDD

Thanks in advance guys :)

Sometimes servers don't get restarted often enough which results in low fps but as for what settings you should run i usually run most things on normal and some disabled completely.

i don't have any clue how the talk about server issues are, but I'm having EXTREMELY low fps. On everything low, except resolution+3d resolution, i have 20-50 fps. On medium i get 1-5 fps, same resolutions.

On High or anything above normal settings, its unplayable. The game wount budge, I have to delete the process since the game freezes.

It also takes over 60% of my CPU when im running on the very lowest graphics settings.

Hope they fix this, god damn its annoying.

[EDIT]

My PC specs: 8gb ram, intel core i7 2600 3.40ghz, gtx geforce 570

Edited by Spankinator94

There is ALOT happening in the background in the DayZ mod. Takes quite a powerful rig to make it run smoothly. Mainly a Very good Quad core CPU at least.

As a test, load up the mission editor in Arma2 OA, start on the chernarus map in your preferred location and see what your fps are. Should be way more than in DayZ mod.

Sometimes it's what Josh225 mentioned. Servers can get laggy when they havn't been restarted for a long time.