Panicikillu247

Can I Run Arma2 and Dayz?

I have an: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz, 2Gb of Ram, and my graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 8600GT, I have windows xp service pack 2, 392 Gb of free hard disk space,

Can i run Arma2 and Dayz alright with these specs?

no not really...

Recommended specs:

• Quad Core CPU or Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)

• 2 GB RAM

• GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

• Windows XP or Windows Vista

• DVD (Dual Layer compatible)

• 10 GB free HDD space

no not really...

Recommended specs:

• Quad Core CPU or Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz' date=' AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)

• 2 GB RAM

• GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

• Windows XP or Windows Vista

• DVD (Dual Layer compatible)

• 10 GB free HDD space

[/quote']

could i run it at all?

It might run on very low settings, but can't guarantee it will even start up, with your specs below the minimum for the game.

It might run on very low settings' date=' but can't guarantee it will even start up, with your specs below the minimum for the game.

[/quote']

ok thanks :/

I think even if you run it, its going to be a very poor experience =( you are not gonna enjoy this game as much as you could.

I think even if you run it' date=' its going to be a very poor experience =( you are not gonna enjoy this game as much as you could.

[/quote']

well im kind of strapped on cash atm so ill take what i can get until i can afford to upgrade.

Well it says I'm above minimum and below recommended for BF3 but I can run that on high with fraps running without problems so.. you never know.

You probably can on low settings(aa and af both off). My backup pc is a intel x6800 Extreme(dual core),Two 8800 GTX in SLI and 4gb of ram. It runs pretty good on normal/high settings(1680x1050).

Hey there. I am considering getting days too. I jut downloaded arma 2 free and if I set everything on low I can get a nice high fps. Do people notice a decrease in fps while running dayz?

Hi, maybe my PC is not very good, but I can play A2OA (low-medium settings) with nice FPS. When I'm running dayz mod it looks like I have 5-10fps... It is really annoying...

sorry for my english, hope you understand me

Have you tried another server, Cinas? If the server you are playing on hasn't been restarted in a few hours it will actually make your game slower. You should be running DayZ with the same speed as OA since they are as far as I'm aware the exact same game - just with different "rules".