Lord Fartus

A novel idea, unique even.

Now, i know I'm bringing an absolutely novel idea to the table here. One that has never been brought up ever. For a few weeks I've been posting on this putrid HIV ridden message board and I constantly see things like "rocket is one man" and "it's a mod", well to that I say, fart on you. Now to the point at hand, seeing that this is a popular mod or rather an example of attrition, why not tap into the talent that may be lurking here? I'm absolutely certain that there are people here with the skills to contribute in a positive way. I however am not one of them, I can tell you that the ARMA engine is a giant stinking fart combined with a wagon missing two wheels, that much I know.

So, let this thread be where the "developer" taps people who know stuff about some stuff.

For a mod I really like dayz and i think the arma 2 engine is really good for it and is continually getting better it just takes time, some people just have different opinions not everyone can be satisfied at once

• Like 1

For a mod I really like dayz and i think the arma 2 engine is really good for it and is continually getting better it just takes time, some people just have different opinions not everyone can be satisfied at once

That was sort of missing the overall point. Which was getting at the fact that mods like DOTA or say anything else what was based off the source engine thrived because of community involvement. I assure you there is at least one guy here that has the talent and a weekend to help solve some issues. Not tapping into that is sort of wasting an opportunity considering this is supposed to be "free" and a "mod" that "thrives off the community"

fart.

This question is already answered in the stickied topics. You really should start to use the search.

This question is already answered in the stickied topics. You really should start to use the search.

Nope.

HIV ridden? I'll have you know I was checked last week and it came back clean. So fart on YOU, sir. Good day.

Threads like this pose problems.

#1: People will claim to know things

#2: People who actually know things, want to get paid.

#3: Rocket keeps us updated of what he is actively looking for in regards to professional help. Last I checked he was just after some sort of texture/skin developer.

If the lead developer doesn't want help on his project, I doubt creating a thread and forcing help towards him would change his mind. And Rocket isn't just one man, he has a whole team behind him and with the advancement towards stand alone retail I imagine he will be getting a few more people to help from BI if necessary.

That was sort of missing the overall point. Which was getting at the fact that mods like DOTA or say anything else what was based off the source engine thrived because of community involvement. I assure you there is at least one guy here that has the talent and a weekend to help solve some issues. Not tapping into that is sort of wasting an opportunity considering this is supposed to be "free" and a "mod" that "thrives off the community"

fart.

If I'm not mistaken, DOTA did not make use of the source engine, but instead whatever engine powered Warcraft III. Only DoTA 2 makes use of the source engine, and it certainly cannot be called a mod.

Also, I don't see why you think the ARMA engine is a "giant stinking fart". The ARMA engine is great at what it does, especially for an older engine. Even Rocket has said that the ARMA engine is great, and that he would like to continue using it (don't quote me on that last part, I'm going off of memory from Rocket's interview at Rezzed).

As to the idea of getting help from the community; it SOUNDS like a great idea, and it may have been before there were any concrete plans for the standalone version. However, for the most part, Rocket was getting pllenty of help from other employees at Bohemia, and now has his own team to work on the standalone version, so he probably doesn't need our help.