Sign in to follow this  
rthinman

New Player to Computer games

I've been a long time gamer of most systems and what not. I've even played a lot of PC games just nothing FPS-ish. I'm not sure what this game should feel like. It seems like there is a delay between me moving, and looking around, and is that just something that PC games feel like or is that a network issue/PC issue? (Im running on the lowest settings just to be sure and I can play most RTS and such ust fine). I know this is sort of a weird question, but i'm just curious. Trying to figure out if its an issue or just something im not used to.

• Like 1

There is often a delay when you shoot someone before they react to it, but there should be no delay in your commands.

from what you describe it sounds like you are getting very low fps. You might want to list what your pc specs are (gpu,cpu,ram)

Another possible tip, although I'm not sure is the disabling vsync does it anyway, is to turn your mouse smoothing down to zero in the game controls menu. I know it helped me move a lot more fluidly.

I'm running:

Processor: AMD E-350

Memory: DDR3 3072 MBytes

Graphics: Radeon HD 6310 (Memory 384 Mbytes)

This is just a laptop so I don't doubt it will have some issues running this game, but the low settings seem pretty low.

Ill try that Vsync thing, and its also just with WASD. Seems delayed when I let go of moving and such.

Hi rthinman, I have the same problem but it isn't my pc, which is high spec and less than a year old. It's the poor broadband.

I turn down my graphics options to low or disabled and make sure postprocessing is off because that makes everything blur as you move. Meant to look authentic - makes me dizzy!

Check Game Options->Aiming Deadzone. The higher the value, the more space for your gun to move before the mouse movement changes your pov. So, for a traditional fps feeling you'll want '0'. Or it might be the already mentioned Mouse Smoothing.

Or maybe your machine just can't handle the game? Would be kind of obvious, if that's the case, though.