capnobvious

Stuck in wasteland (off map) when switching servers.

Date/Time:

Around 5:00 PM

What happened:

I joined a server and chose "female" as my gender choice, quickly checked two dear stands and logged out. After attempting to join another server, I became a man again and am in the middle of nowhere.

Where you were:

North of Stary Sobor, on the hill in the tree line near the northern dirt roads.

What you were doing:

Switching from Server to server trying to get into a server together with my friends that had a smaller population so we could get a better look around an area.

*Current installed version:

*Server(s) you were on:

ANL3

FR3

EU6

(Second two Servers are estimated, I can not remember the servers my friends were asking me to join at the time as I've been attempting to trouble shoot the problem my self.)

*Your system specs:

Intel i7-2600k 3.4ghz

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard

Gskill DDR3-1600 16gb

EVGA GTX580

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

*Timeline of events before/after error:

1. Joined the ANL6 server

2. Was given the Option to pick gender, Picked female.

3. Ran around to two dear stands north of Stary Sobor to check for items

4. Picked up one G17 Magazine to give to a friend later

5. Quickly logged out after running back into the woods.

6. Attempted to join another server (or two) with some friends

7. Ended up Male again, and in the middle of a wasteland with no vegetation or life (off the map)

8. Now stuck off the map (assumed location) running around alone in the emptiness.

Added note: Screenshot Attached.

did you find any solution to this? i have been looting airfield all day and then changed server, got back to my friends server and is now out in the emptyness (heaven/hell?). i have a compass so i just started running north and after a while i stumble upon a player who just runs around me in circles and stuff, wont answer in the chat either. then he just fell to the ground dead :S i have never been so confused :P

Yeah, somebody said to run 1.5 hours to the SE and you get back on the map... Tried to do so today, no idea if I'll ever make it back. Server went down before I reached the amount of time and/or the map again. If I'm spawned back again where I was, then, I'll never make it. Lesson learned, carry enough food and water for 3+ hours of running around.

I can confirm the solution!

Aproximately 1.5 h , 3 Bottles of Water and 3 Cans of beans later, i reached the playable map.

Was heading S/E the whole time. (Luckily had a compass with me)

I went to a village and shot two zombies to go sure that i get "saved" and re-logged.

This time my character stayed properly saved in my location.

Was worth it and definitely works.

I went for four hours, never hit anything. Dunno. I just ended up killing myself. Lost my M4A1 CCO SD, M9SD, M1911, M16 with ACOG, various equipment, and, of course, camo.

Ah btw: What did I do before I spawned on the wasteland.

I logged out on a pretty laggy US Server (Kansas 1) to see if relogging would fix my lags.

When I tried to re-join the Server, the game got stuck on the "Loading" Screen. I was waiting for approximately 5 Minutes and nothing happened. Then I force closed the Arma client and went playing another game.

A few hours later I joined another Server and spawned on the Wasteland.

A friend of mine who had the same issue (Lag then stuck on "Loading" and force-close) was spawning on his original position.