Sign in to follow this  
Stukes (DayZ)

Regarding the average post on this forum

1) Rocket is one man with limited help. He is now working on the standalone with a team, but this is a recent development and has little bearing on the mod.

2) Rocket is a human being, a person just like you. It's okay to act like an acceptable human being when addressing him and the project he has worked extremely hard on.

3) The game is broken. That's right, it's an alpha. We are the first line of testers, the first people to really find problems. Our purpose here is to find bugs and work together to make the game we all want to play, not whine about issues that are already known and going to be dealt with.

4) Hackers suck. They are people who use lame-ass excuses to spread unhappiness, and get joy from others' inconvenience. They will be largely gone in the standalone version, but for now we HAVE to deal with them as they are. Arma was built to be easily modified so people playing multiplayer can get the game just as they like, and quickly. This is obviously a problem in a case like DayZ, with full, unprotected servers. Battleye can only do so much, especially considering the false-positives that can occur.

5) This is meant to be a brutal game. Death can come from anywhere, and you have to accept that at every moment, from spawn to the NWAF, there are many different forces in and out of the game world that want you dead. If the game is too difficult for you now, if the game frustrates you too much, you are going to have a bad time. If you extrapolate the difficulty of the mod, things will only get more difficult.

So my real point here is, this was a free mod created on ONE person's free time and released on a small scale as an alpha which grew exponentially. If you can't handle this without personally attacking people or griping incessantly, please leave. I mean this in the kindest way possible, you can always come back later for the complete game and you won't have to whine so much. That being said, if you are capable of keeping a level head and reporting bugs and major problems, please post so the mod can improve.

Thank you for reading, I just had to get this off my chest. I personally enjoy this mod and deal with its problems, and will be buying the standalone game.

P.S. There are several simple fixes for the visual artifacts floating around. Please google and try those.

• Like 7

I agree except with number 5 it frustrates the fuck outta me when I die but thats what keeps me comin back and not quitting lol

These posts annoy me just as much as "This game sucks I'm outta here" ones. All this shit has been said time and time again, there are two sides to every coin and fuck if I don't see them both all the time.

If you can't handle this without personally attacking people or griping incessantly, please leave.
Meh, I'd rather people just stop posting the same shit, like this. Because after all
Thank you for reading, I just had to get this off my chest.

Again, two sides to every coin. One side is fed up with the mod, the other side isn't. Both parties have beaten the shit out of a dead horse.

• Like 1

These posts annoy me just as much as "This game sucks I'm outta here" ones. All this shit has been said time and time again, there are two sides to every coin and fuck if I don't see them both all the time.

Meh, I'd rather people just stop posting the same shit, like this. Because after all

Again, two sides to every coin. One side is fed up with the mod, the other side isn't. Both parties have beaten the shit out of a dead horse.

I agree to an extent, but of course I would argue the side being fed up with the mod has no reason to be.

That being said I'm posting more against ad hominem attacks, not attacks against the mod

Number 3 is kinda..eh

We aren't testers, just players. And if we were, we'd be really late. Those guys who played in may-june are the testers.

I agree to an extent, but of course I would argue the side being fed up with the mod has no reason to be.

That being said I'm posting more against ad hominem attacks, not attacks against the mod

So people don't have the right to be fed up with the mod? Or just dislike it in general? Seriously? While I personally may not be fed up with it, and I obviously like the mod, that doesn't mean everyone else is expected to feel the same way.

Number 3 is kinda..eh

We aren't testers, just players. And if we were, we'd be really late. Those guys who played in may-june are the testers.

Timelne isn't important though. Rocket told us the mod was an alpha, and the evidence supports that. Therefore, we are testers

So people don't have the right to be fed up with the mod? Or just dislike it in general? Seriously? While I personally may not be fed up with it, and I obviously like the mod, that doesn't mean everyone else is expected to feel the same way.

That's exactly the opposite of what I said. I have a problem with people who act immature or disrespectful when criticizing. I know, "welcome to the internet", but who knows, maybe someone will take it to heart

• Like 1

Bah, edit didn't register so I'm double posting ( please don't tase me bro)

I really lump these types of threads in the same category, even though they have opposing ideology; Bean Whore Threads. With the great number of people in this community that simply cannot be objective about shit to save their lives one of the two factions will be drawn to threads like this like a fly to shit. But your post was well written and thought out, so props for that.

I think they should sticky both cliche types of posts, One preaching patience and understanding while enlightening everyone on how its an alpha and rocket is only human. And one saying the mod is a broken piece of shit and you are leaving because of the redundant reasons always given. This way, when someone feels inclined to divulge their inner thoughts on life and this mod, they need only copy-paste and call it a day. In fact I would even go a step further and give each view point their respective forum category so it is easier to manage.

Bah, edit didn't register so I'm double posting ( please don't tase me bro)

I really lump these types of threads in the same category, even though they have opposing ideology; Bean Whore Threads. With the great number of people in this community that simply cannot be objective about shit to save their lives one of the two factions will be drawn to threads like this like a fly to shit. But your post was well written and thought out, so props for that.

I think they should sticky both cliche types of posts, One preaching patience and understanding while enlightening everyone on how its an alpha and rocket is only human. And one saying the mod is a broken piece of shit and you are leaving because of the redundant reasons always given. This way, when someone feels inclined to divulge their inner thoughts on life and this mod, they need only copy-paste and call it a day. In fact I would even go a step further and give each view point their respective forum category so it is easier to manage.

I agree 100%

EDIT: Though I promise this wasn't for beans

Edited by Stukes
  • Like 1

I agree 100%

EDIT: Though I promise this wasn't for beans

I'm gonna give them to you anyways ;) And I do believe you

Number 3 is kinda..eh

I disagree. The best point here is that the mod is free. Free as in free beer. We're playing such an early version of an idea it is pre-beta.

Of course we're testers. Whether we like it or not we're testers. They aren't getting paid to develop, we aren't getting paid to test. Its a big experiment. We're guinea pigs.

I disagree. The best point here is that the mod is free. Free as in free beer. We're playing such an early version of an idea it is pre-beta.

Of course we're testers. Whether we like it or not we're testers. They aren't getting paid to develop, we aren't getting paid to test. Its a big experiment. We're guinea pigs.

Have I seen you at the SOPA Cabana before?

lawls i think they ate the dead horse they've been kicking, shit it out and are kicking the bones of it...