Sign in to follow this  
under_cover

Low FPS - any advice / explanation

Hello, i ask for help and/or explanation to why my dayz is running with that low fps ( from what feels like 6 to ~20 max )

My computer is quite old, but nonetheless cant handle dayz on lowest graphics settings

everything to low / disabled

resolution to 1440 * 900 ( native 1600 * 1050 )

view range 800m

In the wilderness it is acceptable but stary sobor, cherno and elektro are no-nos for me

I can play Arma 2 OA ( and other games MW1/2, Crysis, WoW ) with average settings ( dont have them in mind but way better than the ones in dayz ) very fluently ( though my GPU starts overheating because the cooler is retarded -> i use MSI Afterburner to manually run the cooler + Game Booster which closes unnecessary tasks and the like )

Im not that familliar with computers in terms of performance hardware etc.. but will try to give more details if necessary

My comp:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz

ATI Raedon HD 3800

4Gb Ram

DayZ is unplayable for me ( despite the stuck on loading screen problem :P ), so could anyone help me out?

please read my post carefully: arma 2 is running fluently even on higher settings than dayz, its only dayz that has low fps ( independant from the server i am on, btw - tried out many )

DayZ servers are rendering a lot more than ArmA 2 server. As the above poster said, it's your processor (most likely) you're running a dual core. Not a core2duo, but a dual core! Those things have outdated technology, it's time for an upgrade!