Sign in to follow this  
Lowbei

uhhhh... dogs? srsly? u trollin?

so, instead of focus on fixing gamebreaking bugs, they are working on implementing... dogs?

this has to be a joke, what purpose, other than giving away your position, would dogs have? how would you get one, how would you train one to attack things for you, how would you train one to gather items for you?

im guessing that we will just ... find a wild dog roaming a field... walk up and scroll over it and convince some feral animal to instantly befriend us and rush and attack people/zombies for us?

yeah, my bad, thats a great idea, thats what this game needed, a pet system... next, will you start working on adding raid dungeons, cuz thats what we really want

seriously tho, will you please realize that us as a community want your game to be epic, and shutting us out of the creative process is obviously not a good idea, else you somehow decide to focus on stupid things like ... dogs.

heres an idea, how about have official polls about concepts and features, and let us vote on what we think is a good and bad idea. many mmos have done this and had great success in the past, and the community cannot bitch about it later since it was voted on BY the community. on top of this, you can have weekly polls straight from the top of the suggestions forum, so that we feel that our suggestions are not only looked at, but valued, and potentially voted upon for implementation.

i guarantee if you had a poll right now asking if you thought adding dogs was a good idea or not, that the answer would be a resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Lowbei
  • Like 1

Its in alpha stages which means experimentation stage and bug fixes as they come along. We are testing all the experimentations added to the alpha.

• Like 4

Or... let rocket work on the game.

I don't see you contributing at all besides flaming.

• Like 1

Its in alpha stages which means experimentation stage and bug fixes as they come along. We are testing all the experimentations added to the alpha.

How does adding bugs to an already buggy game help?

I bet they won't be so friendly when they are first added.

Infact, I foresee random waves of feral dog on survivor violence.

ya stop bitching, just hurry up and die to stupid dogs and zombies that hit you through the walls!

Getting killed by a script kiddie is one thing, but if that script kiddie also kills my dog ...............................................

• Like 2

so, instead of focus on fixing gamebreaking bugs, they are working on implementing... dogs?

this has to be a joke, what purpose, other than giving away your position, would dogs have? how would you get one, how would you train one to attack things for you, how would you train one to gather items for you?

im guessing that we will just ... find a wild dog roaming a field... walk up and scroll over it and convince some feral animal to instantly befriend us and rush and attack people/zombies for us?

yeah, my bad, thats a great idea, thats what this game needed, a pet system... next, will you start working on adding raid dungeons, cuz thats what we really want

seriously tho, will you please realize that us as a community want your game to be epic, and shutting us out of the creative process is obviously not a good idea, else you somehow decide to focus on stupid things like ... dogs.

heres an idea, how about have official polls about concepts and features, and let us vote on what we think is a good and bad idea. many mmos have done this and had great success in the past, and the community cannot bitch about it later since it was voted on BY the community. on top of this, you can have weekly polls straight from the top of the suggestions forum, so that we feel that our suggestions are not only looked at, but valued, and potentially voted upon for implementation.

i guarantee if you had a poll right now asking if you thought adding dogs was a good idea or not, that the answer would be a resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

New features are needed in addition to bug fixing. They allow the dev team to experiment for the standalone product. I'm certain it gives them motivation and feeds their creativity as well; All important aspects of being a game designer. please try to think of the larger picture and understand where they are coming from.

and...you do not represent the whole player base.

Edited by Kalashnikov

yea, It is really easy to shoot down ideas. That's why so many of the posts you read on the internet are just people whining. They are just knee jerk reactions from lazy thinkers. You know what's more challenging? coming up with a good replacement idea or work off other ideas to help form them. State your concerns about the game mechanic or direction the project is going, and do it in a way without the attitude. Like anyone on the DEV team owes you anything. You come off sounding like an entitled brat and if you do it too often, people will just stop listening to you.

pull your head out of your ass.

• Like 1

imo all of the "game breaking" things are most likely just being addressed for the stand alone version..from now until then id expect to see a boat load of crazy stuff they have been wanting to try out

Lowbei, how about trying to be part of the solution instead of just being part of the problem. It's nice that you've mentioned a 'feature poll' and I agree that it would have its merits but simply being opposed to a new element of the game simply because it doesn't immediately address what you deem as relevant and important doesn't help achieve anything. It's not as though the DayZ development team are so inept that they can only focus on one task at a time - it IS possible for them to implement dogs AND address key bugs at the same time. Not only that, but you don't actually represent the DayZ community, nor have you done any realistic polling to gauge whether you even have an accurate understanding of what the rest of the community wants. There will be those who agree with you about the dogs but there will also be those who do not and there will also be those who have a differing opinion from both of those groups, too.

Personally, I think dogs would be an interesting element to implement. I'm not entirely sure in what capacity they will be put in (e.g. will they be friendly to survivors, require training, be hostile, will there be zombie dogs, will they be in cities and/or forests, etc.) but I do sometimes dislike the idea that the only places people are really ever "on alert" and need to be careful in are the towns - there's definitely the mentality that once you get into the forest, you're pretty much safe. Adding wild dogs into the forest could change that. Dogs have the potential to add a little more dynamic and perhaps even make it difficult to sniper camp in the forests - you have to be strategic and think, like a real survival scenario would require you to do.

Alpha stage testing is still prior to Beta; I sometimes get the feeling that many of the people in this community lose sight of this fact. I'm appreciative of the new experiences and functions they create for us and I take comfort in knowing that Alpha testing stages are still the beginning - there is plenty of time to correct current bugs (and new ones created by new features). The more features we can play around with and test for them now, the more robust and complete this game is going to walk out of the doors being once it has gone through all of the testing phases.

Edited by Hotdog
  • Like 1

Forget about the bugs/glitches. Add new features first. If they are constantly fixing the bugs/glitches first then they may become bugs/glitches again when new features are added.