Cannon15

Huey Disapear....

Hello, This is more then likely the worst moment I have had on DayZ But uhm.

When me and my Friend found a choper in electro he shot the guy (He was landing) and took it to pick me up.

So we had fun we picked up our other friends and then the server gave us a 5 min Restart warning so were like "Okay lets park it and save it"

Then we saved it (about 5 to 7 times to make sure) then the server restarted I was like okay its back up.

I was the first to join the server (it still said creating) I joined and opened it.

Now I am wondering if the cause was because I joined to early or what but I waited 24 Hours and it still isn't there.

I am wondering if it needs another restart or should I ask the host to restart please help me with this.

If you can't help Thanks for reading and caring. :)

You need another restart, it's not a hacked helicopter, the hacked ones can't be saved (I'm not 100% sure but almost)

So ask for a second restart, and I hope you parked it in a safe area !

We have to restart our server(s) twice all the time in order for our tents/vehicles to show up again.

It's annoying.

Edit:

We even restarted twice but it seems like nothing is surviving a restart.

Edited by RS-Dolph

Does anyone know what the respawn time is when a heli is destroyed? i play on EU32 and found the chopper flew it around and blew it up (whoops) but its been 2 weeks and it has not re-spawned on the server at all... and before you say maybe weve just not found it trust me it NOT there...

any insight would be grand

also its not exactly a great way of testing an alpha as far as i can tell because there's only one way to check if something like this is broken.... and that's cheat...........

Now i don't know if the vehicle spawn thing is still borked as you cant destroy vehicles it seems (no you cant save them after they blow up) some of them just disappear when they take damage = to that, that would otherwise destroy them. sometimes they take infitite damage untill someone climbs in and blows up as so as you enter the drivers seat.

But yea as im a pessimist this is probably going to go ignored/missed

Hello, This is more then likely the worst moment I have had on DayZ But uhm.

When me and my Friend found a choper in electro he shot the guy (He was landing) and took it to pick me up.

So we had fun we picked up our other friends and then the server gave us a 5 min Restart warning so were like "Okay lets park it and save it"

Then we saved it (about 5 to 7 times to make sure) then the server restarted I was like okay its back up.

I was the first to join the server (it still said creating) I joined and opened it.

Now I am wondering if the cause was because I joined to early or what but I waited 24 Hours and it still isn't there.

I am wondering if it needs another restart or should I ask the host to restart please help me with this.

If you can't help Thanks for reading and caring. :)

Car and tents saves have been bugged for months .. Some server restarts they will stay and the next they will be gone.

had a heli myself for 2 days and after restart ours also dissapeared and to our suprise an hour or so later saw it fly over us in cherno

So wait, helicopters do save to location? I have never had one survive a server restart, though to be fair I didn't try restarting the server again to see if the chopper came back.

I'm not sure if anybody else is thinking this, but if you killed another player for a heli that they may have taken the time to fix and repair themselves then do you really have any right to complain when the heli is not there for you?

I'm not trying to flame anybody but it seems silly at how attached you became to that vehicle, you do have to remember that in Day Z you will die, a lot.

Don't try to become too attached to any gun or item in the game, not everything is forever.

Edited by RotorGod

Well the guy restarted the server so I guess its gone for good but if anyone eles has any help please tell ;x