Sign in to follow this  
rapid12

Wilderness Bay

Every time I join a server I spawn at a location called Wilderness Bay (yes it has a name this location, it shows on bottom right of screen like any other spawn point), and there's nothing but infinity of featureless hills regardless of the direction you run.

Is this a bug, or a clever place where banned or suspended players go? I find it hard to be a bug with the name of this place showing up at the bottom right hand of the screen.

Any help will be appreciated.

i suggest respawning. I had this problem too. And I think it is some kind of debug area. But anyhow somehitimes I also seem to meet other players in that same area. Mostly standing in a weird circle ala horror movie.

Respawning seemed to help then.

Respawning just put me back there. I'm deleting the game then redownloading and installing it.

After doing the above I am still Spawning in Wilderness Bay. Help please... I ain't done anything to be put in DayZ Purgatory.

Well, for starters I can't believe nobody else has had this trouble, and secondly, I managed to fix this problem by leaving the game running all night so my character died of thirst, starvation etc. Pretty pathetic really, but I know, "it's in its Alpha stage".