ramatakahn

Duping seems to be fixed with the new DaYZ

Hmm. Not my experience.

We found a couple vehicles that had gear stowed on them and repaired. My tents are still where I left them and stocked with what I stocked them with.

Duping.. I don't do it, so I've never investigated it.

Edited by Disgraced

We tried duping just a few minutes ago, didn't work for any of us. I set up like 5 tents earlier today with gear in them, now after the update they are all empty.

Edited by RamataKahn

Sometimes the gear in tents don't save properly. You have a chance that it will come back if you restart the server again.

But seriously, don't dupe.

Just because others do it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

• Like 1

If duping is fixed then I vote for a hive reset.

Too many very rare items .... Aren't.

• Like 22

I Support this.

I must say that i had to rollback my server to 1.7.2.4 because of some "saving issue" (i still have the latest beta). What happend to me a couple of times is that when I save my vehicle or my gear in a tent, it just doesnt save the position or the gear. Last time I had to walk 13km to get back my chopper, so yeah, i decided to roll back my server, alos my hoster told me that a lot of pple were asking for it too. Seems like some sync issue with the data base or something.

BTW, I just hope that the "dupping glitch" is fixed, im 100% sure that all those campers in Elektro with AS50's and L85's are duppers, because i wouldn't take risks with all that gear (gps, NV, rangefinders,etc.) unless i know that i can have it back, and I killed so many of them, just join a full server with 50/70 pple in it and you'll find tons of them. Personally i've been sniping on that hill tiwice on a full server and im not doing it again, never, because i got killed that two times.

Edited by Polak

As in a total wipe?

aka everybody's a clean slate, as is the map?

notsureifwant/10

As in a total wipe?

aka everybody's a clean slate, as is the map?

notsureifwant/10

That would be fair

This ^^^^^

I‘d support a tent/vehicle reset, not so much a character reset. It‘d be an utter shitstorm on the coast, and my TS group has legit gear we‘d be very upset over losing. The issue is with morons that camp Elektro with a duped .50, die twice a day and supply more morons with .50‘s which are duped in turn. Killing the problem at the source has less of an impact on those that earned their gear.

• Like 1

This would be great, I vote yes. Let the scavenging begin!

I vote for a total wipe. Everyone. Everything. Clean slate and fresh start all across the board - starting with 1.7.3

• Like 2

I‘d support a tent/vehicle reset, not so much a character reset. It‘d be an utter shitstorm on the coast, and my TS group has legit gear we‘d be very upset over losing. The issue is with morons that camp Elektro with a duped .50, die twice a day and supply more morons with .50‘s which are duped in turn. Killing the problem at the source has less of an impact on those that earned their gear.

You're overlooking the fact that even with a tent/vehicle wipe there would still be hundreds or thousands of NVGs, AS50s, ghillies, etc. out in circulation which aren't supposed to be there. And people would be twice as eager to recover them after a death in that situation, so they'd be a long, long time in being removed from the game.

The game's still in alpha. Character wipes should happen on a regular basis, just like every other MMO in existence during these phases.

• Like 1

>Implying Rocket hasn't stated that duping can't be fixed on the Arma2 engine

>mfw

• Like 1

Who cares, if it's not people duping then it's hackers creating weapons out of thin air. There are no permanent solutions until standalone.

Edited by badger05
  • Like 1

It would be funny if Rocket added a stealth feature where if you try to dupe using a tent, you lose everything in the tent as well....

At the moment, you don't have to try duping with a tent. It happens no matter what. And this is not an engine issue. This was not present in 1.7.1.5

• Like 2

Nope. Tents still full of duped gear. This myth is busted.

Tents still contain whatever gear was placed in them, duped or not. But it is now not possible to dupe new gear.

Along with the ammo tracking, every bullet counts and every item is valuable once again. We will see a quick decline in high end gear as tents are looted, players killed and the effect of a limited amount of storage takes effect. I have several tents across several servers full of AS50s, LA85s, NVGs, CCO SDs, range finders, SVD, Holos, etc, etc, etc. I expect that this stuff will be looted and disappear in the next few days as it is never difficult to find a tent no matter how well hidden.

The world will run short of AS50 ammo in few days too :D