Sign in to follow this  
Devmagic

Just For The Record....

Despite all the problems that have arose from the latest patch, old and new, one thing i will have to take my hat off to rocket and co. about is regarding the new server coast spawning.

I have been going through countless threads about people bitching about this new feature, and quite frankly, shut the hell up.

The only people that are complaining (in my eyes) are the ones who have relied on server hopping for loot, pvping etc. and now i must say shame that your cheap tactic has been nullified and you must battle with honor like the rest of us.

Now if you could just kindly fix the glitching with barbed wire etc. i will be one happy bunny.

Thanks again Rocket and co.

• Like 1

I don't mind it except for the fact I can't play in another server if mine is empty due to the time :\

I agree, except that it needs to be more transparent. If I got a little message saying how much time I had to wait to join a new server without spawning on the coast, I would say,"Well implemented". But the way it is now almost seems like a bug, idk.

I think it's a bug not a feature because I have the new patch and it isn't happening to me and many others.

Despite all the problems that have arose from the latest patch, old and new, one thing i will have to take my hat off to rocket and co. about is regarding the new server coast spawning.

I have been going through countless threads about people bitching about this new feature, and quite frankly, shut the hell up.

The only people that are complaining (in my eyes) are the ones who have relied on server hopping for loot, pvping etc. and now i must say shame that your cheap tactic has been nullified and you must battle with honor like the rest of us.

Now if you could just kindly fix the glitching with barbed wire etc. i will be one happy bunny.

yeah. cant wait for this patch to hit "official" (six updater), so i can camp with my trusty L85 on a hill and wait for the fully geard ppl to login, spawn on the coast so i can shoot him to death.

yeah. cant wait for this patch to hit "official" (six updater), so i can camp with my trusty L85 on a hill and wait for the fully geard ppl to login, spawn on the coast so i can shoot him to death.

Like you weren't doing that before =D

What about all the people who have to server hop because of BE client not responding=kicked, framerate issues/lag, and thunderdome nonsense?

Like you weren't doing that before =D

i never did that.

let me repeat myself. NEVER. i do kill on sight yes. but i do avoid starting areas to avoid fresh spawns. if a fresh spawn happen to run around all the way UP north where the "big boys" play... well that's different, i kill them.

Was happening to me on .4 and only because i was waiting so long to load into a server, which would never happen, time I would start up the next five servers that it would take to get me in, was on the beach. I don't care anyway, I never make it far enough inland these days :(

What about all the people who have to server hop because of BE client not responding=kicked, framerate issues/lag, and thunderdome nonsense?

Thunderdome means you most likely wont spawn where you were anyhow. Besides i think its a small price to pay to get rid of one of the most annoying pvp aspects of the game.

i never did that.

let me repeat myself. NEVER. i do kill on sight yes. but i do avoid starting areas to avoid fresh spawns. if a fresh spawn happen to run around all the way UP north where the "big boys" play... well that's different, i kill them.

If only i had a dollar for everytime i heard that line on the forums. My experiences say differently. Not directed at you as an individual though so don't feel like i'm taking a dig.

Was happening to me on .4 and only because i was waiting so long to load into a server, which would never happen, time I would start up the next five servers that it would take to get me in, was on the beach. I don't care anyway, I never make it far enough inland these days :(

Try better servers that restart more often. I keep a list of all quick loading servers i jump on.

And now with this, despite the hacker problem, i find that it makes most people stick to one server to avoid ending up on the coast again.

I don't mind it but for the fact that I'm a sitting duck when spawning on the coast. Do you think people won't take advantage of this bug and camp the coast for people now? Yes, they fucking will. This just makes the camping worse.

You know what? I'm gonna do just that. How "honorable" is that eh? Damn you're dumb. Probably terribad as well.

I don't mind it but for the fact that I'm a sitting duck when spawning on the coast. Do you think people won't take advantage of this bug and camp the coast for people now? Yes, they fucking will. This just makes the camping worse.

You know what? I'm gonna do just that. How "honorable" is that eh? Damn you're dumb. Probably terribad as well.

As i said before, as if people weren't doing that to freshies anyhow so i don't see what's changed. of course there's gonna be an uproar about it as there is about everything rocket does to this game. i personally feel that it stops the 'oh im getting shot at, let me just go onto this server get into a different position and try my luck from here' mentality. so i'm willing to bet your probably one of these people that are now throwing their rattles out of the pram because a fault that you abused in the system has been addressed, so stop QQ'ing about it and get used to the fact you have to continue a fight rather than cheat to win. once again, SHAME!

All the people who server hop because of connection issues or hackers are CHEATING! They should be banned from all servers. Yup once you start on a server Thats. It. Even if your computer crashes or if there is a hacker killing everyone on the server you MUST stay or youre a dirty SERVER HOPPER! RARRRGHH!! /end sarcasm

How about instead of spawning players at the coast and breaking the game, we put in a cool down after 2-3 server changes? Or how about you can't pick up anything for 5 minutes after server change? Or like 20 other things that make more sense than spawning everybody who happens to get some lag back on the coast? If this is actually a "feature"... well maybe those of you who say "fuck off if you don't like it" are right. Because I'd rather not waste my video game time on something thats not fun. Alpha or not. I can deal with bugs and everything but *damn* Rocket atleast make a quick run through the patch first to check.

I know half of you will say "THE PATCH IS NOT OFFICIAL YET!"

Then why is 1.7.2.5 ON THE MAIN WEBSITE AS THE OFFICIAL CURRENT VERSION?!!

Woops... sorry I mean rocket ill suck yo d*ck lulz!

Sorry I just had to vent. Saturday night nothing to do and I accidentally updated from 1.7.2.4 :/

How about when you get hacked, log off, take a 5 minute break, calm down, and then play again. If a hacker kills you it ends in the same result but with no gear. It seems to me that no matter what rocket seems to try and do to help everyone flames every thing he inputs. He obviously did this to stop the "ghosting" issue that so many people were getting annoyed with. Instead of just hating, why not suggest a better idea to combat this issue?