Sign in to follow this  
tbird9412

Halt all addition of new features until every possible bug is correctly patched.

Title says everything. With every patch the alpha seems to be going in reverse... I think that the dev team needs to take things one at a time instead of worrying about the new bandit/hero skins and humanity/karma.....etc. Theres a pretty ridiculous ammount of things that need fixing. I feel that instead of focusing entirely on the game breaking bugs, they try to implement things that DayZ deserves... but not what it needs right now.

Revert mod to 1724.

Fix all errors so that 1724 runs smoothly.

Apply new game features.

Discover and patch bugs.

Rinse and repeat.

EDIT: Of course this is in Alpha -__- no shit, totally didnt know that!

post-75913-0-83373400-1344738315_thumb.j

Edited by Naked_Snake

So I guess you arent to familiar with alphas? It is a time to experiment and try new things but also iron out bugs along the way. You are wanting a game in full release see you when that happens :)

• Like 2

People are going to complain because there's no new things to come.

unfortunately.

It would be better if they would fix the stupid glitches before adding in the exciting new stuff. That way its atleast playable.

So I guess you arent to familiar with alphas? It is a time to experiment and try new things but also iron out bugs along the way. You are wanting a game in full release see you when that happens :)

What a stereotypical response.

it's true though man, yeah the game is fun but we are here to test it. It's a mod for a already complete game. An amazing mod too.

• Like 1

alpha. 2.5 was supposed to be a fix to 2.4 soooooo reverting makes no sense and you're pretty much...... wait.... for.... it.... retarded.

it's true though man, yeah the game is fun but we are here to test it. It's a mod for a already complete game. An amazing mod too.

.....Read my original post. Im not demanding for a complete game.

You don't fix small bugs in an Alpha

You add as many features and mechanics into the game until it breaks

Beta is for fixing bugs and ironing out the issues

We are currently having way too many bugfixes and too few new features added for my taste

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

We are currently having way too many bugfixes and too few new features added for my taste

Thank you for actually posting something thoughtful.

Stereotypical isnt the right word here Fact is the right word. You still have no clue what alphas are all about. Please do some research.

• Like 3

Stereotypical isnt the right word here Fact is the right word. You still have no clue what alphas are all about. Please do some research.

How can you say that? You assume Im just some random kid who found DayZ and bought Arma just to play an uncompleted mod. Your attitude towards people with a differing opinion is an example of what is wrong with DayZ

Sorry bud, but that's not how an alpha works, it never has and never will.

Thank you for not being a dick.

Thank you for not being a dick.

He tells you the same thing in different words what I have been telling you this whole post...yet you still think Im being a dick to you I just dont understand.

This game is hardly an alpha imo. More along the lines of a beta game, what more features/mechanics/improvements need to be in the game? Fix the scripting, the artifacting, the many bugs there are, and what do you have? A playable game/mod.

This game is hardly an alpha imo. More along the lines of a beta game, what more features/mechanics/improvements need to be in the game? Fix the scripting, the artifacting, the many bugs there are, and what do you have? A playable game/mod.

It just isn't fair to call it a beta now when it's in the wrong engine among other things.

He tells you the same thing in different words what I have been telling you this whole post...yet you still think Im being a dick to you I just dont understand.

True, and he does it without being a condescending dick. So hard to understand?

Ah so glad we have people here who know more about what stage DayZ is in than the devs.

I think there could be dozens of new things added into the game. However I think all development of that should halt until these colossal bugs/glitches are fully dealt with. To me that seems like the only way the Alpha will progress steadily.

Edited by Naked_Snake

The problem I keep seeing here is that in the history of game development, only a very small handful of people have ever actually been allowed to play a game in it's alpha state (generally just the developers themselves ever get to see a game at this stage) so most people have no idea what to even expect of a game in alpha. What is even more confusing for a lot of people is the trend over the last many years of studios releasing a public "beta" test which is really not a test phase at all, it's actually just a public preview of a nearly finished game used to generate hype.

So, many people have based their expectations of DayZ on experiences they had with other so called "beta" releases and they expect to have a similar experience with DayZ, when in fact, the level of access we have to the mod at this stage is nearly unprecedented. I can only think of a handful of other games which allowed the public at large access to the early alpha builds of the game, and people need to realize this when they are feeling pissed at DayZ for not living up to their expectations. The state of the game is perfectly normal for an alpha, and it will probably get worse before it gets better, this is to be expected.

• Like 1

It just isn't fair to call it a beta now when it's in the wrong engine among other things.

Besides the mod being under a foreign engine, and only able to go so far as that engine can. Yes, the idea of DayZ is in it's alpha stage, soon to be taken to the standalone phase.

Ah so glad we have people here who know more about what stage DayZ is in than the devs.

So glad you have something constructive to say besides post your incessant sarcasm. Edited by shreddedrocks
  • Like 1

Besides the mod being under a foreign engine, and only able to go so far as that engine can. Yes, the idea of DayZ is in it's alpha stage, but the DayZ mod of Arma II is surely near the end of it's course.

As I understand it, DayZ will still be in Alpha when converting to the new engine, new engine = more content to put in.
  • Like 1

.....Read my original post. Im not demanding for a complete game.

I did and my response doesnt change. Yeah ur not asking for a complete game, but you are asking for them to focus on 1 thing. alpha is about experimenting with different codes and features. It's just part of the process. Beta is when they start focusing on the mechanics and bugs.