Sign in to follow this  
eAt LeAd250

Humanity again

it's long, so go to *** if you want to skip commentary.

I am mixed on this new rolling update of bandit skins not changing anymore. I like it and don't like it. As a realistic gameplay mechanic, it's a terrible idea to have changing skin. But for a game geared for survival, it is generally a good idea. As a side note before you haters hate about that comment, if the map wasn't 225 square km, you wouldn't be calling it survival. Deathmatch more like. And the deathmatch is forming on coastal areas. I noticed that more groups travel further inland than those who solo.

That uncertainty of trust is good and all, but I'm starting to have a hard time separating this from a Free for all game in BF3 and CoD, just make their maps just as huge and you'd have a similar format even if you could throw in some food, water, and zombies. And reiterating that lack of trust, new players introduced to the game learn quickly to simply not trust anyone. SO like i said, encouraged FFA gameplay.

Yes, this is a zombie apocalypse. And yes, this is a game. And as such, people are a bit more disconnected with the prospect of death. Rocket and everyone is right generally we should play with friends. In a business perspective also, that's great. It encourages you to encourage friends to pick up the game and play with you. But in terms of a game social community and maybe even long-term longevity, it's sh!t. Once a friend or two quits playing, that group dies. This game certainly caters to the more hardcore players in all aspects, and dayz is even more incriminating. But for new solo players or soon to be solo players, unable to effectively socialize online and create groups is a stopping point at some point to continue playing.

For balancing, as in real life, hitting them in the pocket book is generally the starting point into changing someone's behavior. So in this case, inventory slots. Survivors, obviously with more as they are more likely to loot items in cities where as bandits prefer to pry it from your cold and very dead body. Survivors with more inventory slots certainly increases their survivability in the long term and makes them more effective zombie killers. Maybe give survivors a bonus to noise they make since they practice alot of sneaking. Bandits probably should be given a small bonus somewhere for their choice of a harden life, probably a slight sprint boost or longer endurance. Maybe less shake from exhaustion when aiming. Survivors need to continue to roam to find supplies, more likely to be nomadic, and they are more likely to roam in groups. Bandits with their reduced inventory slots, would be innately encouraged to create a stash or base even. Thus if this works out, bandits will be having to engage larger survivor groups instead of poor solo sobs and there will be more roaming survivor groups instead of bandit groups going inland for the goodies to increase their killing power.

And Survivor groups encountering survivor group would still be a stressful event. Probably humanity bonus for sticking with other survivors in a group to offset a diplomatic failure. But then again, this would probably make this balance moot then in some aspects.

Just my 2 cents. If Rocket is serious about saying F1ck it to humanity or balancing. Well, then this is just me fuming in that I've only been able to play solo since I got the game. Before you smart a$$ say anything about having friends, my friends prefer much faster paced games. As fore mentioned, BF3 and CoD. And that I'm at a age where I spend less time to games than I use too and so do my friends. We're getting a life.