Silver_Leo

US 38 - Scripting/hacking by server owner/clan member

11/8/12: Found people sniping on Drakon island, randomly shooting new spawns with m107's. Killed one, named J-Rock.

12/8/12 - 1 AM GMT+1 - Logged on in at Drakon, immediately approached by someone wielding an AS50 Thermal. Shot 30 bullets, no death, and kept talking to me. Logged off.

1:45 AM GMT +1 - Logged back in, a guy I had just met that was on the island said the hackers weren't killing him, and spawning gun boxes, gold ak-74's and npc's dancing. I figured I'd investigate.

Upon arrival, the hackers ask my name - I answer Silver Leo, I get shot. Why, you might ask?

Because I made a post detailing where their camp is. They're apparently either the server owners, or the local clan - And they're scripting everything into the game, from honking a truck horn with their mouth, to red beret skins, to dancing NPC's.

One of them said he hated me because I fucked them over. Oh hey, it must be J-Rock. I was also threatened with them following me around everywhere by my GUID - which I'll assume they got as they own the server.

http://i.imgur.com/7eP2H.jpg

The culprit in the server list.

More screenshots of their scripting incoming soon - Though I somewhat doubt it'll do much good, as reviewing cheating probably isn't anyone's priority on the development team, and the forum moderation team is likely a token position. Battle-eye seems hell-bent on banning legitimate players and not cheaters, so I'm not sure why I bother.

Report it as you've done, perhaps edit the title of this thread to include the server name. Personally I do a quick search on servers before I play to see if any posts like this exist about them before playing on it and calling it home for a while.

Although they probably won't have their server blacklisted or them banned it's always a good idea to make the community aware of these things.

The server name... is in the title? It's US 38, and the more detailed server name is available in the snapshot I took.

I looked around for US 38 related posts, quite a lot of hacker reports there, with little being done, and the owner being very condescending to reports.

Source: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8743-us-38-texas-discussion-information/

Edited by Silver_Leo

Oh, this is the same guy that was mad he was killed. Dying words were "Don't kill me or I'll post your server info". Also, the 'local clan' has a streamer that's been streaming all day which easily proves this isn't true.

Now, have there been hackers on this server? Yes. As are there almost every day unfortunately. However, they're none of the people that are the 'owners' nor the 'local clan' and just people that like to hack/harass the server. Today's hacking event however can easily be attributed to your saltiness of a post about the camp on Drakon Island. As I quoted above, your dying words confirms said saltiness and it's clear you're upset about being killed on the server by legitimate players.

edit again: None of the hacking today had occured until the post about the camp at Drakon.

I looked around for US 38 related posts, quite a lot of hacker reports there, with little being done, and the owner being very condescending to reports.

Source: http://dayzmod.com/f...on-information/

The owner is condescending in these posts as he's replying to people he knows that often play in the server.

Edited by TommyT
  • Like 2

http://www.twitch.tv/pixelatedmonster

We've been streaming the entire event from our perspective, and our visual proof counteracts your absurd claims.

Including the event where we requested you turn around from our base and then proceeded to shoot you from the shore with M16s and M4s (as opposed to your claims that we fired upon you from our base with M107s and AS50s).

The third person that was with you and your friend was with us. He was in our Mumble chat and was giving us your position for the entire duration of your unfortunately short life. In fact, your false report that we were killing you from our base prompted several hacker assaults that led to the events you're reporting here. None of these hackers was affiliated with us. We were not scripting at any point in time. We also had several players serverhop to our base and fail miserably to kill us and loot our gear, yourself included.

We've been streaming for upwards of twelve hours. Feel free to watch any and all of it.

We were going to give you medical supplies if you came back to shore. We were going to give you maps and GPSes and compasses. All legitimately obtained by completely legitimate efforts, from the hours of our time that we spent playing today. Instead you shouted obscenities at us. So we shot you. Actually, I shot you. I blasted you away from about 100 meters out with my M16A1. I was the one shouting at you in direct chat. I'm sorry that my shooting you in the face led to so many bad feelings.

Salt+Shaker.jpg

Edited by TCKaos
  • Like 3

11/8/12: Found people sniping on Drakon island, randomly shooting new spawns with m107's. Killed one, named J-Rock.

12/8/12 - 1 AM GMT+1 - Logged on in at Drakon, immediately approached by someone wielding an AS50 Thermal. Shot 30 bullets, no death, and kept talking to me. Logged off.

1:45 AM GMT +1 - Logged back in, a guy I had just met that was on the island said the hackers weren't killing him, and spawning gun boxes, gold ak-74's and npc's dancing. I figured I'd investigate.

Upon arrival, the hackers ask my name - I answer Silver Leo, I get shot. Why, you might ask?

Because I made a post detailing where their camp is. They're apparently either the server owners, or the local clan - And they're scripting everything into the game, from honking a truck horn with their mouth, to red beret skins, to dancing NPC's.

One of them said he hated me because I fucked them over. Oh hey, it must be J-Rock. I was also threatened with them following me around everywhere by my GUID - which I'll assume they got as they own the server.

http://i.imgur.com/7eP2H.jpg

The culprit in the server list.

More screenshots of their scripting incoming soon - Though I somewhat doubt it'll do much good, as reviewing cheating probably isn't anyone's priority on the development team, and the forum moderation team is likely a token position. Battle-eye seems hell-bent on banning legitimate players and not cheaters, so I'm not sure why I bother.

LOL. You've got to be kidding or just really fucking stupid. I have plenty of people that know I'm not a hacker and will vouch for me(TCKaos above me is one of them, we stream our games so your lies won't work). But there were hackers at our base screwing around and ruining our camp and that's probably your fault.

What really happened earlier: You were running with one of our friends and he says that you were going to swim over to our base and take our stuff. Then others say to kill you guys before you get to our base. TCKaos starts shooting you both from the shore and I run up to help. If we raided your tent base you would do the same to us.

Then when that's over we swim to our base camp and a fucking hacker spawns there. The guy says he's friendly and makes us all dance around and we can't do anything about it. He hangs for a bit and doesn't kill all of us thankfully. Then ANOTHER damn hacker appears at our base... gee I wonder why... maybe it has to do with you posting our damn base info on this forum. So now we have two hackers on our base fucking everything up. I actually left for a bit and when I come back LittleWorm(not a hacker, just a member of our crew) told me that you and some other guy came back to our base. He shot you in the face after asking your name. He didn't kill the other guy and that other guy asked to join us(think his name was Tom and he was from Sweden). We told him he could if he wanted too. Eventually the hackers left after fucking things up and now the shore is a mess and our camp has dead bodies hanging around it. People ghost to our camp and it's constantly under attack because you posted info about it here. Thanks for that. So take off your bitter glasses and stop calling everyone that kills you a damn hacker.

Edited by J-Rock
  • Like 2

I actually left for a bit and when I come back LittleWorm(not a hacker, just a member of our crew) told me that you and some other guy came back to our base. He shot you in the face after asking your name.

That was the third guy who was with you, by the way. At least I'm pretty sure it was. There were like seven or so of us on at the time.

In case you needed extra salt.

• Like 1

Dear Sir,

I am the sole proprieter of this fine establishment with which you have had an unsavory experience. I would like to formally apologize and extend my deepest condolences to you for having to endure an experience which could only be compared to prison rape when trying to convey the pain and agony.

I promise to make resolving this situation to your satisfaction a priority. I will also be assigning a member of my incident investigation team, J-Rock, to the case. He will work tirelessly, digilently and with the utmost professionalism. He is certified in Local Intranet Security with a certification in DOT Matrix printer repair from DeVry.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Dear Sir,

I am happy to inform you that we have made progress in resolving your incident! I have attached a status report for your review.

Support Status Report.doc

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

John "Nixel" Condescendo

Dear Sir,

I am the sole proprieter of this fine establishment with which you have had an unsavory experience. I would like to formally apologize and extend my deepest condolences to you for having to endure an experience which could only be compared to prison rape when trying to convey the pain and agony.

I promise to make resolving this situation to your satisfaction a priority. I will also be assigning a member of my incident investigation team, J-Rock, to the case. He will work tirelessly, digilently and with the utmost professionalism. He is certified in Local Intranet Security with a certification in DOT Matrix printer repair from DeVry.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

I actually left for a bit and when I come back LittleWorm(not a hacker, just a member of our crew) told me that you and some other guy came back to our base. He shot you in the face after asking your name. He didn't kill the other guy and that other guy asked to join us(think his name was Tom and he was from Sweden). We told him he could if he wanted too. Eventually the hackers left after fucking things up and now the shore is a mess and our camp has dead bodies hanging around it. People ghost to our camp and it's constantly under attack because you posted info about it here. Thanks for that. So take off your bitter glasses and stop calling everyone that kills you a damn hacker.

Quoting that, seeing as you just admitted to being the guys on the island at the moment of my reconnection, and being the ones to shoot me in the face after asking my name. Why, you ask? Because within the next 2 days (I have to wait for someone to send them to me), I'll post screenshots of those guys on the island, showing you using hacked skins and a golden ak-74, as well as ammo boxes.

I didn't mind getting shot while swimming. The m107 killing was the day before, learn to read. That's what got my attention.

You're all from the same clan, trying to quickly save your own asses. It's a good thing you're not the ones that are meant to look into this.

Edit: If streaming proves your innocence, please post the streaming of asking my name on the island - Seeing as one of you was flying 30 seconds prior to shooting me, as well as carrying hacked in weapons from an ammo box, while making people dance.

Edited by Silver_Leo

Quoting that, seeing as you just admitted to being the guys on the island at the moment of my reconnection, and being the ones to shoot me in the face after asking my name. Why, you ask? Because within the next 2 days (I have to wait for someone to send them to me), I'll post screenshots of those guys on the island, showing you using hacked skins and a golden ak-74, as well as ammo boxes.

I didn't mind getting shot while swimming. The m107 killing was the day before, learn to read. That's what got my attention.

You're all from the same clan, trying to quickly save your own asses. It's a good thing you're not the ones that are meant to look into this.

Edit: If streaming proves your innocence, please post the streaming of asking my name on the island - Seeing as one of you was flying 30 seconds prior to shooting me, as well as carrying hacked in weapons from an ammo box, while making people dance.

Seriously? How many times do I have to tell you that there were random hackers, two of them, appearing at our base when you decided to show up. Hell they could have been friends with you for all we know. There has been a hacker every other hour now and it's a complete pain in the ass. You started a shitstorm by posting our info on this forum. Lots of people, including hackers, have been visiting our base since you posted the original info. And Littleworm shot you in the face because you were a dick and posted our base info. I never shot you but now I really wish I did.

Edited by J-Rock

So a hacker gave your friend a hacked gun, a hacked skin, and made him fly prior to killing me, out of... hacker kindness? Yeah, right.

Which friend? Nobody I was with had a hacked gun. Those two hackers had high end stuff but they didn't give us anything. They we're friendly but not that friendly. We've seen some hackers create buildings or drop gun crates on the shore so everyone will fight over them though. The mod is a mess right now and it seems like hackers are creating a lot of confusion.

The guy who shot me, did it with a gold ak-74, while buddying about with the hacker.

I realize disinformation is the best source of propaganda, but please take your head out of your own ass.

Seriously? How many times do I have to tell you that there were random hackers, two of them, appearing at our base when you decided to show up. Hell they could have been friends with you for all we know.

Also going to address this - which I find hilarious. The hackers could've been with me? That's why I'm reporting them for hacking, including all the details, and waiting on screenshots?

Who's more likely to be friends with the hackers - The guys that own the base and had a crate full of guns there, that are defending hackers by spewing random crap and lying about their weapons and the account of the incident, or the person reporting the incident?

Edited by Silver_Leo

Without solid evidence of anything this topic will become the must useless one on the forum besides the suggestion topic "i want to have a pony in dayz". Pls bring some solid evidence of hacking or cheating. If you can´t than you just should change the server for your own good. And even if the accused clan is guilty, never be such a douch and post on the forums where to find peoples camps, that really is douchy you know.

Without solid evidence of anything this topic will become the must useless one on the forum besides the suggestion topic "i want to have a pony in dayz". Pls bring some solid evidence of hacking or cheating. If you can´t than you just should change the server for your own good. And even if the accused clan is guilty, never be such a douch and post on the forums where to find peoples camps, that really is douchy you know.

Read the forum rules and regulations for posting a report.

Hello everyone,

Please read this before reporting a cheater as specific details must be said before we can investigate the report.

Required:

* Server this happened on.

* Time that it happened including your timezone.

* What happened during the incident.

Optional:

- Video proof

- Pictures

Screenshots will be available shortly - Meanwhile, investigating scripting can be done with the time-log, server name and list of people online.

Furthermore - Your opinion of "douchy" has no incidence whatsover in a hacking incident. In fact, all you're doing is saying that hacking isn't so bad, but metagaming is (something that Rocket has allowed from the start).

Please, take a seat.

Edited by Silver_Leo

http://www.twitch.tv/pixelatedmonster

We've been streaming the entire event from our perspective, and our visual proof counteracts your absurd claims.

Including the event where we requested you turn around from our base and then proceeded to shoot you from the shore with M16s and M4s (as opposed to your claims that we fired upon you from our base with M107s and AS50s).

The third person that was with you and your friend was with us. He was in our Mumble chat and was giving us your position for the entire duration of your unfortunately short life. In fact, your false report that we were killing you from our base prompted several hacker assaults that led to the events you're reporting here. None of these hackers was affiliated with us. We were not scripting at any point in time. We also had several players serverhop to our base and fail miserably to kill us and loot our gear, yourself included.

We've been streaming for upwards of twelve hours. Feel free to watch any and all of it.

We were going to give you medical supplies if you came back to shore. We were going to give you maps and GPSes and compasses. All legitimately obtained by completely legitimate efforts, from the hours of our time that we spent playing today. Instead you shouted obscenities at us. So we shot you. Actually, I shot you. I blasted you away from about 100 meters out with my M16A1. I was the one shouting at you in direct chat. I'm sorry that my shooting you in the face led to so many bad feelings.

Salt+Shaker.jpg

You and nixel made me lol. Beans sir!

Also, if you either require or want my help in securing your campsite from the many threats seemingly brought upon you by leo, let me know. It would be an honor to set aside my usual bandit ways and help you out of this unfortunate situation.

• Like 1

Please, take a seat.

I've been sitting at the head of this table but you've been looking down at your plate. Why won't you look at me? Did I put too much salt in it again?

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the (now probably fifteen or so) hours worth of video footage we have up on twitch, including your violent death. Both of them, the one from when we shot you while you were swimming to the base and the other one from when you ghosted on to the island.

hPyiY.jpg

Edited by TCKaos

The guy who shot me, did it with a gold ak-74, while buddying about with the hacker.

I realize disinformation is the best source of propaganda, but please take your head out of your own ass.

Also going to address this - which I find hilarious. The hackers could've been with me? That's why I'm reporting them for hacking, including all the details, and waiting on screenshots?

Who's more likely to be friends with the hackers - The guys that own the base and had a crate full of guns there, that are defending hackers by spewing random crap and lying about their weapons and the account of the incident, or the person reporting the incident?

Without proof you're also spreading disinformation, so stop being a hypocrit. Given the quality of your first screenshot of "proof", I'm not holding my breath on you having anything tangible to work with.

I hang out with all of the people who come from our forum on Mumble and I can tell you they hate hackers as much as anyone else. But, they've also learned a very valuable lesson and that is there's nothing you can do about them right now. Don't bother them and for the most part they'll stick to doing stuff that impacts the server and not individual players. Draw the ire of a man with more power than you and you should expect to have him use it on you.

As for your claim of there being logs we can look at, you're wrong. The scripts file is a useless tool for server owners to use and I'm not inclined to sift through text files that are hundreds of megs large for the opportunity to MAYBE catch a single hacker. It's not an effective use of my time and in most cases the file grows so large it renders the file unopenable. So, its been turned off.

People like to imply we have a lot of hackers because I don't do... something. They never know what I don't do, but they accuse me of not doing it. If you're going to accuse someone of not doing something, be constructive about it. Of course most people who complain have no idea how the server works or what tools are actually available to us in combating hackers.

My suggestion to you would be to stop posting until you have your screenshots. Even then, make sure they actually prove something on their own. You can't expect people to go along with your accusation if your screenshots only implicate someone if you add 90% of the context. That's not proof, it's just a nice story.

Nice job sharing a screenshot of yourself with a hacked weapon. That definitely shows you have nothing to do with hackers. That aside, the person that shot me had a different hacked weapon.

Please link me to the video of my death after I was asked what my name is. I'd love to see the video you recorded of the hacked skins, guns, ammo boxes and npc's.

Oh wait, you took a screenshot with a hacked gun. Which is funny, since you can just switch guns and then take the screenshot. Or, you can just have someone join with my name and die there. Not far-fetched seeing as you're scripting yourself hacked guns.

PS: Nice long-winded clan excuse posts, they're really neat and original.

EDIT: Nice faked screenshot of my corpse - At the time I was on your server, which you yourselves said was over-run with people trying to raid you, there were over 20 people online.

In your screenshot, less than 25 zombies are spawned. Does that make sense to you? Oh hey, good job fabricating evidence.

Edited by Silver_Leo

Nice job sharing a screenshot of yourself with a hacked weapon. That definitely shows you have nothing to do with hackers. That aside, the person that shot me had a different hacked weapon.

Please link me to the video of my death after I was asked what my name is. I'd love to see the video you recorded of the hacked skins, guns, ammo boxes and npc's.

Oh wait, you took a screenshot with a hacked gun. Which is funny, since you can just switch guns and then take the screenshot. Or, you can just have someone join with my name and die there. Not far-fetched seeing as you're scripting yourself hacked guns.

PS: Nice long-winded clan excuse posts, they're really neat and original.

EDIT: Nice faked screenshot of my corpse - At the time I was on your server, which you yourselves said was over-run with people trying to raid you, there were over 20 people online.

In your screenshot, less than 25 zombies are spawned. Does that make sense to you? Oh hey, good job fabricating evidence.

The weapon I was holding was obtained without using scripts. I had nothing in any sort of way to do with its creation. The same goes for the soldier skin that we found. Rocket himself said the following on that subject:

No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

That image is most certainly of your body. We left it there specifically for this purpose.

The picture was taken with something like six people on the server in the wee hours of the morning. Zombies only spawn when someone is within 200 meters of a building that spawns zombies. That simply means that the majority of us were at the base or elsewhere in the wilderness.

We are not scripting. No one affiliated with us is scripting. Hackers have assaulted this server for weeks and weeks on end and have destroyed or teleported the majority of our vehicles, tents and weapons. This was only exacerbated by your salty posting of our base location in the Camp Fire forum. You personally brought this upon all of us. You claim you were killed by a flying hacker, but none of us know this because none of us are scripting or are associated with those scripting. One of the players in our group shot you when you ghosted on to our base (the occasion when someone asked you what your name was) and he was not scripting. He was not flying, he was not invulnerable, he was not wearing a hacked skin. That was long before the hacking events occurred. He killed you and looted your corpse (the same corpse pictured on the previous page). Hours later that night while we were attempting to repair a chopper a hacker started attacking us, began talking to one or two of the survivors, and then flew to Drakon to kill someone who ghosted to the base. He then came back and continued to troll us until he destroyed the helicopter. We have no idea if the person he killed was you. We weren't there. He didn't bother to tell us the name of the person he killed. He too busy getting ready to destroy the chopper.

Last night we had upwards of five seemingly unaffiliated hackers trolling us on our server simultaneously.

So either you're heavily confused and trying to connect several completely different occurrences, or you're a terrible liar who wants to grief us because I shot you while you were swimming.

You, sir, remain heavily salted.

Edited by TCKaos

So you're saying you don't hack, yet you use hacked weapons and have no issue with it from an ethical standpoint, so long as we're supposed to believe you didn't hack it yourself.

I personally caused hackers to destroy your server for weeks? Please, I've been there twice in two days. Stop shifting the attention away from the fact you use hacked weapons and multiple people saw hackers on your island that coincidentally weren't killing you guys and instead everyone else that came within the premises.

One of the players in our group shot you when you ghosted on to our base (the occasion when someone asked you what your name was) and he was not scripting. He was not flying, he was not invulnerable, he was not wearing a hacked skin. That was long before the hacking events occurred.

Liar. Liar liar liar, liar. I was shot with a gold-plated AK74, and there was a hacker right besides my shooter wearing a red beret, who was flying a few seconds before me being shot. There was also a weapons crate right there, with 5 of every gun, which I had time to check right before being shot. There was also an NPC on top of the lighthouse.

Either way, until I get my screenshots - I'm quite relieved that you're dumb enough to pick up hacked weapons and get your information logged. Hopefully BE solves all our problems before Day-Z staff has to intervene.

So you're saying you don't hack, yet you use hacked weapons and have no issue with it from an ethical standpoint, so long as we're supposed to believe you didn't hack it yourself.

I personally caused hackers to destroy your server for weeks? Please, I've been there twice in two days. Stop shifting the attention away from the fact you use hacked weapons and multiple people saw hackers on your island that coincidentally weren't killing you guys and instead everyone else that came within the premises.

Liar. Liar liar liar, liar. I was shot with a gold-plated AK74, and there was a hacker right besides my shooter wearing a red beret, who was flying a few seconds before me being shot. There was also a weapons crate right there, with 5 of every gun, which I had time to check right before being shot. There was also an NPC on top of the lighthouse.

Either way, until I get my screenshots - I'm quite relieved that you're dumb enough to pick up hacked weapons and get your information logged. Hopefully BE solves all our problems before Day-Z staff has to intervene.

The long and short of it is, you don't have any proof that the owner nor the 'local clan' members have themselves hacked anything into the game; as the proof is in the logs. That's really all there is to it despite the pictures you're having have flown in from out of country apparently.

edit: You're not helping your case when you sound like a child with the "liar liar liar" drab.

Edited by TommyT