Sign in to follow this  
epitek

Vilayer for server host

Recently a friend and I decided to purchase a DayZ server after receiving news that our 10MB Fiber wasn't enough to host our own. We took about 2 weeks to research all potential ARMA II server providers and we compared and contrasted all the pros/cons. After sifting through forums, testimonials and speaking with server admins of each potential provider we were looking at, we decided to go with Vilayer.com. Immediately after purchasing a server, it was apparent we made the right choice. On checkout the invoice was immediately received and easy to read (even hopped on their TS3 and was assisted by 3 employees with FAQs I had regarding billing). I wrote this post to point out a few things I've noticed in the 2 weeks we've had Vilayer as our provider:

-The access to the server you're paying for is unparalleled and comforting.

-The ease of use in their application control panel makes you feel like a boss.(Updating, maintenance, and log viewing MADE EASY)

-Emily Post must run their customer service department, everything is handled in a plausible, applicable, and professional manner.

-Most importantly... you get what you pay for ! They are the Intel Corporation of dedicated servers.

Please note: this game is infested with exploits, cheats, and bugs. This is a problem for tattleye/devteam to address and not your server provider. We've had an awful experience with DayZ however, we have faith(very little) these problems will be addressed and we'll be happy to have Vilayer as our provider if and when the crap is solved.

Amen

Edited by epitek
  • Like 3

Also like to add that Vilayer does not allow you to add to server config file to kick people with no trees and grass thus allowing most cheaters free reign over those servers... hence why vilayer servers have the biggest vehicle turnover.

So it's not all good.

Also like to add that Vilayer does not allow you to add to server config file to kick people with no trees and grass thus allowing most cheaters free reign over those servers... hence why vilayer servers have the biggest vehicle turnover.

So it's not all good.

I can't reflect on the issues you have, I've editted our server config many times and you have free access to all the files from your server.

So maybe you are doing it wrong? make sure the server is stopped before editting the server config, make sure you use the file browser.

I run a vilayer server, and he's right. You only have access to edit certain files.

So it's not all good.

If you go into 'Current Activities & Stats' / 'Server Variables' tab under your ACP access, then down the list you'll notice the variable that says "verifySignatures 2". As far as I recall, this option should kick those who modify their .pbo files, as an example trees and grass.

• Like 1