TheCoolestCat

New Item For Hospitals

I like it! See if you can find the actual rate of blood regeneration vs. without the drug (since the human body already reproduces blood on it's own... well... in reality anyway.)

I actually really like this idea. I think if it was extremely rare like antibiotics, that would work.

You don't want it to be too common, 'cause other wise blood packs would have no use.

i like this idea too, sometimes my friends arnt always online when i am and not there to give me a bloodbag when i need one, this would be perfect for these times and also for people that play lonewolf AKA noob bandits xD

I like it! See if you can find the actual rate of blood regeneration vs. without the drug (since the human body already reproduces blood on it's own... well... in reality anyway.)

I'm too lazy, and don't even know how I would find this. Anyone else want to figure it out for me?

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

Very nice indeed. I'd say up to 6k over half an hour?
I don't think we should just make up numbers...
Yes, there is no need for context. We should just wank over an idea instead of discussing the mechanics.

Guest ragequitalready

I think it should do it really slowly. Like less than a unit of blood a second.

Then you are better off eating beans.

IF you wanted to be constructive' date=' just look at the suggestion in my post. Pretty straightforward if you ask me, seeing as actually regenerating blood can take some time.

If you donate half a litre of blood it is recommended you eat and drink a full meal immediately and abstain from any physical activity for at least half an hour to an hour. It can take up to 4 hours to fully restore that half litre (average guestimation, entirely dependent on individuals)

The human body has an average of 5.6litres of blood (lets round that to 6L) so we can pretend that 1L of blood represents 2000 blood in game (even though you would pass out with less than 4L of blood, lets just pretend)

That means, it would take 4 hours to restore 1000 blood naturally. If you multiplied this by 3.8 then you get nearly 1000 blood per hour on the meds.

Personally I would just make the drug as rare as GPS and restore at half the rate you bleed out

[/quote']

I'm not trying to argue, but if that's true why aren't you supposed to donate blood more than like once every month?

Guest ragequitalready

I still think it takes way more than four hours to regenerate all of your blood, but hey, you're the doktor.

Guest ragequitalready

Well donating blood, and getting shot and losing most of your blood, are completely different. I just think the medicine should make blood regenerate at like 0.25 units/s

TheCoolestCat implies a can of beans will restore 100ml of blood if i got that right?

The current food/blood system may not be realistic but it works. Blood regenerating is just a different mechanic that has all rights to exist.

Well donating blood' date=' and getting shot and losing most of your blood, are completely different. I just think the medicine should make blood regenerate at like 0.25 units/s[/quote']So basically finding a can of beans every 13 minutes is a faster means of regaining blood.

Or killing a goat once in 4 hours.

Guest ragequitalready

I didn't imply anything about beans? This game is supposed to be realistic, thus why it is called an anti-game.

Guest ragequitalready

I think a rate of 2000 an hour is a pretty solid rate to stand by. Too much and you're basically making the interaction/process of blood bags redundant (even if the drop is rare, players are resourceful enough to hoard even the rarest of items). 2000 an hour is a rate that while you gain blood back, you still aren't out of danger.

Maybe as an added bonus if you are low blood it could take away the side effects like altered vision etc while regenerating.