Sign in to follow this  
KVCC

1,048,502 and only 173,365 online on the WEEKEND

I think that says a lot from the state of the game right now.

I stopped playing 2 weeks ago because the hackers were bad. And now the game has horrible graphical glitches while they add in dogs, battleeye randomly kicks legit players, AND I read a report from a hacker who explains how easy it is to hack battleeye.

I mean seriously, they update battleeye, cracks it in less then an hour, within 2 hours has a working hack.

This game has been destroyed. If you expect anyone to stick around for a year until a working standalone comes....good luck.

Edited by KVCC
  • Like 1

They are just not playing on the hive is all. Private lan servers that actually allow vehicles to spawn in is the only way to go.

I know its not how DayZ is ment to be played. But its nice knowing when you get back into the game your stuff will still be there. I will never step back onto the hive.

It's almost as you people (The constant whiners) actually want us (people who actually still enjoy playing DayZ) to stop playing this genius mod. Sure it has some problems but hey "OMG IS HE GOING TO SAiiY Iieet!?" And yes I'm going to say it, it's still in Alphaááááá get over yourself. I've maybe seen two hackers in three months and don't give me the low pop bullshit arguments because I play on 50 max with 25 average servers.

Let's do the math. If we grew to 1 million players in the process of what...say...90 days? We'd have then gained 11,111 players per day in those 4 months. With that, it's safe to say that of an extra 11,111 players a day, 162 thousand players come back at least each weekend.

Let's reiterate that, we beat our daily growth rate by at least an extra 162 thousand reoccurring players. So. Yea. I think the state of the game is pretty damn healthy, you twat.

Edited by Lennsik
  • Like 2

its alpha, sorry to say it, but they don't care about hackers in alpha, and theres not much they can do about them until it goes standalone

It's almost as you people (The constant whiners) actually want us (people who actually still enjoy playing DayZ) to stop playing this genius mod. Sure it has some problems but hey "OMG IS HE GOING TO SAiiY Iieet!?" And yes I'm going to say it, it's still in Alphaááááá get over yourself. I've maybe seen two hackers in three months and don't give me the low pop bullshit arguments because I play on 50 max with 25 average servers.

What are you saying? Your argument has no point to it. I play on low population servers and have no problem playing. And I haven't seen a hacker yet.

Damn it, I posted this in the other thread you made - if this is the proper one, I'll post it here:

I think the highest it has been all week was 174,000 on Monday or Tuesday. There might be more tomorrow, considering it's a Sunday and the new patch has been released.

But yes, I know what you're getting at! A few weeks ago the number was over 200,000 - the number of players seems to be going down. Well, I have stopped playing regularly, and I have two friends who have done the same. Why? The rampant cheating.

I logged in yesterday, just to check I wasn't one of those hit by the erroneous BattleEye bans, and it took only 5 minutes for some cunt to teleport me. 5 minutes!

Edited by Zarathustra

What are you saying? Your argument has no point to it. I play on low population servers and have no problem playing. And I haven't seen a hacker yet.

a- I got hacked on a low pop server.

b- DayZ is boring on low pop servers.

All that said, I don't think the OP has a good point, >10% of players playing isn't a bad figure.

Let's also not forget it's Early/Mid-August. School and College is kicking back in for a lot of the community, meaning there will be a significant drop at points.

• Like 1

Those numbers aren't indicative of anything. Are you implying that a full quarter of people who own a game should be playing it, concurrently, at any give time? That's completely ridiculous.

Mmm, 'cause everybody is always free to play the game all at the same time during the weekend.

Taking into consideration work, study, sleep, going outside, family commitments, social outings, and more...

• Like 1

If 17% of the playerbase is actually playing at any given time, that's absolutely astounding. You have no idea how big that number is.

Let's put it in perspective: if there were an average of 17% of the playerbase online at any given time, that would mean the average player was playing 17% of the time or 29 hours a WEEK.

How anyone could think that's a low number is completely beyond me.

• Like 1

How anyone could think that's a low number is completely beyond me.

I don't think anybody is claiming that it's low - only that it's 25k less than a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think anybody is claiming that it's low
That's exactly what the OP is saying.

These numbers are incredibly high, so high that I don't believe them myself. That's at least one full order of magnitude higher than I would expect.

The fact that it fluctuates isn't even what I'm talking about. However, I'd like to remind everyone that correlation does not imply causation. Just because the numbers dropped doesn't mean it's solely because of the issues the OP mentioned.