Sign in to follow this  
Rampancy

DayZ Server and Player reporting program

Hey guys, I've been interested in creating a program that will allow plays to report servers and/or players. This will include general information like the servers IP and Port, and then specific information such as the performance, bugs, or hackers. For players, it can be used to check the legitimacy of players and servers. I think this is something we can use to counter current metagame of shoot on site. The only downfall would be that players can change their names, false information may be posted, and not seeing hackers/greifers name.

Let me know what you guys think or would suggest for this. I'm interested in getting more active in the community and I think this help me as much as it'll help the community.

I think this is one of the best things to help combat these issues. I just got flamed in a thread by a couple people trying to tell me what i know is completely possible. However I think doing this would almost be in vein because people running their own servers can easily change over the databases and create a new one just as easy as changing their name. We need dedicated servers run by a trusted source. I really hope to see them with the stand alone game.

There are already parse programs out the for parsing hacks/scripts in rpt files we use them daily on our server

I think this is one of the best things to help combat these issues. I just got flamed in a thread by a couple people trying to tell me what i know is completely possible. However I think doing this would almost be in vein because people running their own servers can easily change over the databases and create a new one just as easy as changing their name. We need dedicated servers run by a trusted source. I really hope to see them with the stand alone game.

I see, I think it'll still be useful, but if it's that easy to change your sever, it may still cause issues. But at least it'll give someone a heads up if they find a server and there is reported info.

There are already parse programs out the for parsing hacks/scripts in rpt files we use them daily on our server

This is for regular users, not server hosters. If you see someone in server that looks suspicious, you could check up to see if he has any reported hacking attemps. The only issue with that system is if they change their name.