Sign in to follow this  
Zelarn (DayZ)

What now?

Beforehand i apologize for my bad english, it's not my mother language and my english skills are acquired 20% through school and 80% through games and movies :P

i've been playing DayZ quite a long time now, with the last 2-3 weeks really "serious" (some hours every day). i gathered all the shit i wanted (like Ghille/Camo Suit/L85A2/AS50/NVG/blabla all the shit), build up a campside with 5 or 6 tents, mostly filled with food cans/meat/water/soda and medical supplies, enough for a hole battalion to survive not only 1 zombie apocalypse, but 3.

at this point i get really bored, i repaired some vehicles and helped some new players gear themselves, but i've no effin idea what to do now.

i really like the setup of the game, and i fully understand that it is in alpha status, no endgame and so on. for sure i could sneak above electro/cherno and kill some snipers in the hills or those guys running a marathon through the city, followed by 50 zeds. but it's not thrilling me to kill other players for nothing and only to kill them. why ruin someone's fun at the game? i see no point in there.

so i ask you to help me. any awesome ideas what to do? any community based organization i could support with supplies? any events like midnight crowbar fighting at he-who-must-not-be-named mountain w/o NVGs/flares/any light sources?

Its a sandbox game u make the endgame...the endgame is DEATH

lol that is the worst quote ever man. the endgame is only death because you choose to make it that. To the OP, there are only so many options as to what you can do right now because it still is an alpha... and yes most people just turn to basic pvp like sitting outside the coast cities sniping people (which is beyond lame) others try to form groups and raid cities; others are coming up with weird ideas like yours (the crowbar fights with no lighting) but mainly it'll stick to pvp and clans untill there is a real "goal" to rebuild something more than just tents and hoarding weapons in the forest.....

Edited by trylan

Lets wait and see what happens, I hoped that maybe people start to teamup and start holding city's and other interesting places, i hoped on more usage of the ingame voice system, the Mod maker should see how to fix a teamup "_Unit JoinGroup" system.

hope to see bigger playfields, maybe a collection of big islands, and i hope to see 100 slot servers :)

I hoped to see more "basebuilding" , so jobs have to be given out to defend the base, outside base loot trips, etc.

Players more loyal to there own servers, able to have sort of overlap with players from around the world who all together try to maintain stability inside safe bases around on the map, multiple clans running the bases on one server.

Some safebases will house bandit gangs, others are builders and peacfull.

I hoped so much but it will probably never happen.

you should move on to a different server and exspand you reach....becasue if i think i know what im talking about on a different server you wont have anything...i mean you'll have your gear but no tents/vehicles....therefore you can start over without actually dieing....or you can wait till a hacker find your camp and blows it the efff up...happened to me:(

I changed my game around, I only hang out in cherno or electro and I hunt bandits but I only do it on side chat servers so I can type at people I can see in the distance.

It's a lot more fun than being a plan old bandit, but I know what you mean, I've done all the shit in the game ATM and now feel no desire to play the game. Which is fine, I wouldn't want to feel compelled to play it endlessly.

If you haven't thought of it or looked at it, consider being a medic. There are plenty of opporotunities to run around and help people.

Or be a hatchet murderer in Cherno on night servers.