thecoo1est

Hackers or Server Admins?

Well after playing a few rounds I can with confidence say Im having more trouble with server admins than "hackers" admins and some players with admin permissions on some servers are abusing their power and teleporting me or teleporting to me or what ever and killing me. I just want to clear this up for some people that think its "hackers" its not, its server admins. So if you are waiting on a "patch" to fix it, you will be waiting a long time. Its not going away. Hopefully if DayZ becomes a stand alone game they can help fix the issue with dedicated servers through a reliable source, otherwise it will always be a problem.

Edited by thecoo1est

No, no, no and no!

It's hackers. Server admins have no access that. We can't teleport and we can't kill anyone we wish. We can kick, ban, message and restart the server.

That's it.

no I run a minecraft server and 3 websites, I know how it works, its just as easy a server admin as it is a "hacker"

You are either completely retarded and have no idea what you are on about or trolling.

We aren't talking about WoW emulated servers here. ( I miss those )

no I run a minecraft server and 3 websites, I know how it works, its just as easy a server admin as it is a "hacker"

Holy shit, you are really just that stupid.

Well after playing a few rounds I can with confidence say Im having more trouble with server admins than "hackers" admins and some players with admin permissions on some servers are abusing their power and teleporting me or teleporting to me or what ever and killing me. I just want to clear this up for some people that think its "hackers" its not, its server admins. So if you are waiting on a "patch" to fix it, you will be waiting a long time. Its not going away. Hopefully if DayZ becomes a stand alone game they can help fix the issue with dedicated servers through a reliable source, otherwise it will always be a problem.

Where is your proof without it please stop accusing and wasting forum space.

So minecraft servers are exactly the same? You know nothing gtfo and stop accusing admins of hacking. These hosting companies can tell when we change scripts in the config files idiot.

Edited by Priceless

I think you mean it's just as easy for a server admin as a normal player to "hack" the game. But that doesn't really mean anything other than anyone can do it.

Yeah I had that problem last night. We had a 6 man crew, and we logged out for a sec, cept like 2. Then one said oh god I just got killed. We all were like what what how?? Cause we were almost off the map no where near any kind of loot or buildings at minimum 4000m from nearest place.

So I logged in and kill [zl]eBURRRR then he logged before I could loot his body, and then went over and killed nicolie belenski and he logged before I could loot his body... Then we went and took their Ural and Yz they had spawned. As we were leaving our "leader" stayed back because they heard something and the owner "Dempsey" of the server showed his face and got killed, and then he logged before we could loot him...

Names aren't a 100% accurate but they are those names. I have seen on youtube that the admins can place server side hacks, like ESP and spawning, teleporting and so on. and with a bypass they can get around BattleEye.

So yeah they are the worse hackers ever.... Admins suck if they are like that. So we destoried the Ural and Yz and are now looking for a new server...

ZDU chicago is not safe.

Holy shit, you are really just that stupid.

So its impossible for me to host my own server and have full permissions is that what you are saying? Forgive me but I will not try to argue with you or defend myself from you attempts to directly insult me.

Edited by thecoo1est

Where is your proof without it please stop accusing and wasting forum space.

So minecraft servers are exactly the same? You know nothing gtfo and stop accusing admins of hacking. These hosting companies can tell when we change scripts in the config files idiot.

I never accused admins of "hacking" its not hacking when you have the privileges

Also you guys are assuming Im attacking the admins here or the Dayz crew, they dont run every server and arent responsible for the abuse,

I agree with some of them. They only have certain privileges, depeneding on the patch and server setup.

But as I have seen on certain un named sites, you can bypass BE and then place your own scripts in that allow for any and everything.

True it's not all servers, but that's the way of the net, you don't know who you can trust... it's a big problem, esp on this game. Since no one no longer want's to survive they just want to PvP...

So its impossible for me to host my own server and have full permissions is that what you are saying? Forgive me but I will not try to argue with you or defend myself from you attempts to directly insult me.

What permissions you have is still limited by the toolkit for the server. In the case of ARMA, kick, ban, message, and restart. "Full permissions" on a minecraft server can be (I wouldn't know, I don't play the game, nor admin one) greatly different from ARMA's.

I never accused admins of "hacking" its not hacking when you have the privileges

Admins dont have the privileges on DayZ servers, we can kick, ban and make global annoucements. also restart and shut down the server, but that is the limit of our power unless we use the programs, bypass or whatever it is that the hackers are using now a days.

What permissions you have is still limited by the toolkit for the server. In the case of ARMA, kick, ban, message, and restart. "Full permissions" on a minecraft server can be (I wouldn't know, I don't play the game, nor admin one) greatly different from ARMA's.

True, but i can customize my script to do whatever, all Im saying is its less a "hacking" problem honestly, I guess you can call script editing a hack but really without the server that I run its useless,. People are attacking me for what I know for a fact is possible, and like I said Im not accusing anyone on the DayZ crew or anything like that. Im saying there is a few average people with a little know how running their own server and doing what they want. I think dedicated servers would help a lot and I hope to see them with the stand alone game.

True, but i can customize my script to do whatever, all Im saying is its less a "hacking" problem honestly, I guess you can call script editing a hack but really without the server that I run its useless,. People are attacking me for what I know for a fact is possible, and like I said Im not accusing anyone on the DayZ crew or anything like that. Im saying there is a few average people with a little know how running their own server and doing what they want. I think dedicated servers would help a lot and I hope to see them with the stand alone game.

First of all, running a minecraft server and a website has nothing to do with running an ARMA 2 server. Minecraft servers are about as easy to handle as colouring in a book at pre-school. Same goes for the websites. I have done both so don't bother to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Secondly, just because you are an admin of a server you do not have a single inch of right more than any other player when it comes to scripting. So don't try to tell me that it's acceptable in any shape or form.

Lastly, server owners have no reason to teleport and kill players on their own servers, that just causes more players to choose different servers instead of theirs and then it becomes pointless to even run a server if nobody is playing on it.

Think before you speak and learn to recognize the difference between a hacker and an administrator of a server.

Edited by RotorGod

He runs a minecraft server and he still don't know difference between hacks and admin powers lol how dumb can you be:P

But it don't matter, if not solved SOON GAMEOVER!!!