gstyle1988@gmail.com

Respawn at the beach and gear loss

same issue, along with getting stuck loading 95% of the time. Logged in after not playin gfor a couple of days. Suddenly lost the complete content of primary inventory and most items from my pack. Lost primary weapon, retained secondary, but no ammo. Toolbelt intact.

This issue needs to be fixed asap, along with the loading screen freezes. I don't really want to spend most of my limited time trying to log in, only to get kicked by an asshat admin who fears getting shot in the face or losing 70% of my stuff.

I have been roaming dayzmod forums for quite a while now, but I've had enough of this and its the only reason I made an account(to express my little rant)

To the point...

Since the patch 1.7.2.5 came out, upon repetitive logging in into DayZ servers, I've noticed that most of the time I get respawned back at the shore, with ALL my gear.

This, upon most other bugs, which I usually ignore, is the most annoying one. For me, it just takes away the spirit of the game, if you know what I mean. Knowing, that you will log on to whatever server and find yourself at the coast, isn't really an appealing feeling and its one of the reasons I don't play the game more often ._.

Someone should definitely look into it as soon as possible.

Anyway, I just wanted to share, that I have the same problem.

tl,dr: Rant/respawn at the beach with gear/rant.

P.S

It is not a @hive/arma beta/DayZ alpha patch problem, so don't even give me that shit.

Edited by Inqharsh

I have been roaming dayzmod forums for quite a while now, but I've had enough of this and its the only reason I made an account(to express my little rant)

To the point...

Since the patch 1.7.2.5 came out, upon repetitive logging in into DayZ servers, I've noticed that most of the time I get respawned back at the shore, with ALL my gear.

This, upon most other bugs, which I usually ignore, is the most annoying one. For me, it just takes away the spirit of the game, if you know what I mean. Knowing, that you will log on to whatever server and find yourself at the coast, isn't really an appealing feeling and its one of the reasons I don't play the game more often ._.

Someone should definitely look into it as soon as possible.

Anyway, I just wanted to share, that I have the same problem.

tl,dr: Rant/respawn at the beach with gear/rant.

P.S

It is not a @hive/arma beta/DayZ alpha patch problem, so don't even give me that shit.

I just created an account to post this to you.......

Atleast you still HAVE YOUR gear dude....This fuckin' game....4th time in a week....log out after I find a nice spot in the tree lines....log back in....Server notes I am dead...respawn back to BFE and all my gear is gone...not even a fukin' flashlight..oh but I still have my ghillie......This fukin' game...sux that it is like crack or heroin....just can't get enuff of my fix.....oh well...time to fukin' troll and run my ass another 20-30 minutes back to the airfield.......fukin' game....

Just had this happen to me for the first time today.

Date/Time:

21 August 2012,12:00am GMT

What happened:

Loaded up a server, then it said I was killed. Spawned in debug land, I still had my 24 slot coyote backpack but EVERYTHING else had disappeared. I logged out, logged back in and respawned on the coast. My thirst and hunger had no updated or reset since dying.

Where you were:

"Klen", grid reference 116 040

What you were doing:

logging in

Current installed version:

v1.7.2.5

beta 96016

Server: UK 219

Getting my stuff back is going to be awkward since UK 219 is GMT+1 and it's already 12:30am and I don't have NV goggles. D:

a user on Reddit just pointed out that this might occur when you spawn too close to a tree.

would make sense in my case, my body was directly next to a tree because that's where i usually log out. posting that in the other threads too. so people stay away from trees or don't hug the trunks when logging out :)

It happened to me today.

I am total newbie and i was looking for weapons/food yesterday for a really long time. Got not much and logged out close to Bop (Bor).

Couple minutes ago i tried to log in into same server. All items dissapear and i was in some kind of strange area (debug area? There was nothing there).

I reloged again to find myself close to sea and without any items....

EDIT: @up

Im sure i did not log out close to any tree or bush. I logged out in plain grass. I was crouching - maybe i should not do that when i log out?

Edited by Torke

Happened to me too, logging in, broken leg "you are dead". Respawning in with same debug as I had, even my ghillie on, but 0 items...

And my body is like 10k away..

And, one hit bleed from Z, no bandages to be found, when you die it first ports you to some dark ground and a green text with "Greetings." comes up for a short moment before the "You are dead" comes up.

Edited by derpie

Yeah, I'm getting this too. It's happened to me twice, both using v1.7.2.5. It's really annoying. Instead of playing the game from where I left off I have to spend 30 minutes or more sprinting back to my body in hopes someone hasn't already looted it. I always hide somewhere remote when I log off but you never know, someone might stumble on my body and take everything of worth in the time I've wasted running there.

What if this happens and while I'm trying to make it back to my body the server restarts? Will my body disappear?

The last time it happened to me, I managed to find a tractor and get back a little bit quicker. My character's main inventory was fine, but my backpack had old loot in it from the day before. After surviving a bandit ambush I procured a AS50, so I swapped out my DMR for it. I also had an extra GPS and NVGs for my friends. But all of that vanished and I was left with the DMR.

Every time I play this game I take a hit like this and feel like I can never really progress. I still can't fix up a vehicle or tents because they disappear or don't save. But that's for another rant.

Well i got put in the debug zone, waited a bit nothing happened then i noticed some players had weapons and packs, so i looted there packs (nothing special just AK mags and that), dragged one dead guy about a bit then re-logged as nothing was happening still. When i came back i was on the beach with all the items i'd looted from the other guys packs.. I doubt the geared guys had ran all that way north from the edge of the map then gone afk. Very strange indeed.

Logged out in generally flat area, had thermal NVG GPS everything a guy could want, log back in, spawn on the shore, completly empty everything and no back pack.. I mean really? Not even a backpack? absolutly nothing... tried multiple servers tried everything I go back to the same location every single time, I feel that atleast some people duplicate in weapons and NVG's is to protect against crap like this. Where it is the games fault for completly ruining your experience.

Upon that I am still on day 26 all stats the same except now I have nothing... Such a great freakin run I guess for the game to just steal everything I worked for.

This just happened to me as well. Logged out yesterday in the far north of the map, nowhere near a tree. Logged in tonight, no death message but spawned in the debug plains with no gear. Logged out and back in and I was on the coast with zero gear. I had no special clothing, just the standard character model. I'm running 1.7.2.5/96061

It sucks to have lost all of my gear, and to be on the coast without even a bandage or flashlight.

I also just made this account to post this happened to me a couple of dayz ago. Player has been alive for over a month. Close to death multiple times. Found and built 2 vehicles which I lost due to bugs, Didn't care. Been shot tons of times and escaped ( without DC'ing) . Just makes me sad because I just came across a downed helecopter and got a ton of gear. My first sniper rifle and I finally had a silenced pistol and a bicycle, all gone. Also sucks how far from up north I am now. I have been randomly spawning on the coast for a couple weeks now but I didn't care. I mean with all my gear it was a huge risk being on the coast and I did get shot multiple times but I managed because I still had my gear. Humanity was through the roof too. This time no gear. My stats and blood and stuff are still good just no gear at all. I'll be checking back periodically but not playing until this bug is gone. I know its an alpha so no biggy just sucks after all the fun and escapes I've made to have this be my characters demise.

Just happened to me twice in a row. Both times I connected.

Was a bummer cause I had extremely high level gear.

Just made an account to say same thing just happened to me for the first time. Only been playing DayZ about 2 weeks so far and love the game to death already. This needs to be addressed ASAP. It's unplayable knowing this bug can happen at any time.

Date/Time: 8/23

What happened: Logged into server immediatly killed message at bottom left. Never actually saw character. Loaded me to a flat debug looking screen with people not moving. Logged out and relogged to same server and lost all gear besides ghillie suit.

Where you were: In a small brush of trees and bushes prone on logout on 8/22

What you were doing: Laying prone in brush on logout

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.5 arma 96061

*Server(s) you were on: 574 (216.231.139.33:2352)

*Your system specs: gtx 560 ti/ i7

*Timeline of events before/after error: Scavenged Stary Sobor killed zombies with zero player interactions.

Edited by Spankey McDump

Bump. Exactly the same happened to me earlier today. Annoyed me to no end because it was the first time in my months of playing this game that I actually had anything worth having.

Date/Time: 23/08/2012 ~ 11am - 1pm

What happened: Logged out near a Deer Stand at about 11am and when I logged back in I had spawned in the debug zone. I assumed that this was just a small server bug and tried reconnecting. After I found myself on the shoreline with absolutely no items (lacking the standard starter gear as well), I decided to connect to other servers, all of which produced the same result.

Where you were: I don't know the exact location, but I know that it was somewhere in the Northwest (I was tracking my movements with a compass)

What you were doing: I was attempting to log in when I received the death notice in the bottom-left corner and the option to respawn or disconnect (I naturally chose to respawn because I assumed I had just been unlucky and spawned near someone).

*Current installed version: 96061 (up to date according to DayZ Commander) and 1.7.2.5

*Server(s) you were on: UK 7 + one or two other UK servers (whose specific titles elude me).

*Timeline of events before/after error: Had found a bunch of loot by a downed chopper, killed some zombies, found an M4 in a Deer Stand and then found a safe place to log out.

Same here,

Got my first M4 CCO SD after surviving on day 64 logged off to goto the toilet.

Come back and it said my character has died...

Anyone know if using the previous version of dayZ will help preventing this?

i'd like to add my voice to those lamenting this issue. connecting to a server stalls, need to kill the game as there is no timeout in place, reconnecting to another server spawns me at the beach either with gear or without..

Just to confirm what someone said earlier about deleting your oa profile . After many times respawning at beach , i now am having no problems at all with it . So a confirmed fix at least for me anyhow.

Same happened to me yesterday. I was playing on FR 30, when i logged off i was lying under a tree near Berezino. Logged in after some time and it says i am dead. Respawned in empty fields. I thought relogging would help so i did, then I apeared at the coast with no gear. It really sucks cause i had FN Fal and NVG. :(

This just happened to me too. Death on login, spawn debug plains, disconnect, login, spawn on beach same character (same stats in debug screen) but zero gear, not even starter gear.

All just happened on US 1016 at around 1620 EST. Running 1.7.2.5, beta 96061.

Also, this was happening in 1.7.2.4 as well, will this ever be fixed?

Edited by NFK

Same happeneed to me... I still have all my stats, but im pissed i lost all my gear. Thanks Rocket for wasting weeks of hard work. There goes my nvg's

Edited by Klaz48

Same thing happened to me I keep my ghille and my stats but lost absolutely all my gear.

Is it hackers or just a bug?