Sign in to follow this  
JohnCD95

Spawned on coast

Hello.

I ran all the way North East on one server near to Black Lake.

My friend then asked me to join his server, so I quit his server and joined his.

When I joined his server, I was back on the coast, down South...

Why is this?

Did you ever quit when loading in?

The server was stuck on the loading screen, so I had to end the task.

Quitting when loading in or stuck at loading will reset your player location to the shore. It's impossible to save your location indefinitely this patch because you'll never load in some servers and you will be forced to reset your player, it's unavoidable.

It's not all bad. Use it to your advantage. Need something down south, like antibiotics, and you're way up north without a vehicle? Use the DayZ public transit system - unreliable, inaccurate, but better than running.

It's a lame exploit that won't get you much, but it at least puts a positive spin on something that can really piss you off when your plans are wrecked by a random teleport because you couldn't connect to the server you wanted.

• Like 2

I found a little fix for it.

If you're stuck on the Perma-Load screen, ALT-TAB out, find a server that you know you can join, and load into it.

when the game asks if you want to close your current session session, say NO. Keep both of them open.

Then, load in normally on the new session. and you should spawn where you were. Then you can close the perma-load, and keep your position.

• Like 2

I found a little fix for it.

If you're stuck on the Perma-Load screen, ALT-TAB out, find a server that you know you can join, and load into it.

when the game asks if you want to close your current session session, say NO. Keep both of them open.

Then, load in normally on the new session. and you should spawn where you were. Then you can close the perma-load, and keep your position.

If this is legit, bravo.