Sign in to follow this  
Zudren (DayZ)

Helicopter Found but repairs?

Found a chopper for the second time. Once again fuel leak. I've been told that I need to use fuel tank parts but can I get a confirmation of this Ive never been able to use them on the chopper. Also is the fuel leak fixable or am I still fuxed cause rocket hates patching fun stuff.

BUMPITY

Someone should really make a dayzwiki or survivors guide or something for this kind of stuff and then post it on the forums

Have you tried right-clicking on the fuel tank while standing next to the chopper?

Idk ive heard several things. Use scrap to fix leaks or a fuel tank but ive never been able to use the tank

Unless it has been fixed, tents, car, and presumably helicopters share a common bug that once you "look" at them with your cursor and are given the save option you are "locked" to that save option until you log out/in. For example to refill my UAZ jeep I needed to have the jerry can in my primary inventory, log out, log in the same server and mouse scroll wheel down to use the refuel option. This doesn't work 100% of the time and you only get ONE action per "lock"

Hope this helps.

Apparently its something like 6 scrap metal, though I've heard around 40 scrap metal. The leaking fuel in the game is caused by a damaged hull. If you notice, there isn't a "FUEL" icon in the HUD of the huey and from my experiences flying this helicopter outside of DayZ mod, when the hull takes too much damage it causes a fuel leak.

Therefore, continue to put scrap metal in until your hull is a full green and you should be able to retain fuel.

Helicopter doesn't take fuel tank parts, the fuel tank is part of the hull, so it only needs scrap metal.