Sign in to follow this  
Lightvision (DayZ)

Lingor Island's Anti-alt+F4 system

Lingor Island released Version 0.33 which has incorporated an Anti-alt+F4 system - now bot appears at your position in disconnect and stays for 1 minute.

maybe this could be something that can be incorporated in to DayZ if a player is fired at? with hackers still hitting servers some people may think this is a bad thing however it could be incorporated depending if your login/logout attempts are excessive?

i dont really know how the system works programatically but seems like a way to stop people ghosting or alt+F4 in a firefight if it can be recorded if the player bot gets killed?

it may not fully stop the alt+f4 or ghosting but may let people think before doing so

whats your thoughts?

As far as I know, server hoping prevention will be released in 1.7.3

dude i may be on the moon, but that doesnt mean i can read moonrunes

I hope this doesn't stop us from d-conning out of the Thunderdome or from being teleported into mid-air. Something that boots us back to the coast...not so annoying. Something that forces us to stay hanging around for a minute no matter where we are? Very annoying.

I don't like it. What I go in a house, leave and a zombie spots the bot and kills me. How about having it so that leave while, bleeding, infected, and broken legs, you're character dies.

I don't like it. What I go in a house, leave and a zombie spots the bot and kills me. How about having it so that leave while, bleeding, infected, and broken legs, you're character dies.

I dont like that. I would prefer a combat timer, like while in combat and shortly after. What if you just dont have time to deal with broken bones at the time of logging off and then come back to having all your work wasted? Bleeding or infected, Im all for that, but not broken bones too. How often do you have broken bones?

• Like 1

i know there are some flaws in this but the concept is sound tho. tbh i would love it if after login procedure is complete and players all get thunderdomed/teleported in mid air/etc we would all get kicked, not a bad kick but to stop people panicing and killing everyone on sight just coz. like a kick msg saying sorry and mentioning a teleport script was used or something. would be better than mass murder

like some flaws are hackers/script kiddies that teleport behind you and start shooting at you while invisible, although they seem to be an extreamly bad shot.

as i said the concept is sound but with the proper tweeks it could be a good thing

becouse if u fire at someone and miss they will hit alt+f4 anyway. none stay and takes up the fights anymore and thats boring cuz ppl only think bout ther duped shit and forgets the fun of the game

im not sure i understand this "bot" thing..

are you saying you log out , but in game my toon is still there for 1 minute, or do i have to actualy sit there and watch the screen for 1 minute before the game closes down ???

im not sure i understand this "bot" thing..

are you saying you log out , but in game my toon is still there for 1 minute, or do i have to actualy sit there and watch the screen for 1 minute before the game closes down ???

It means that your client closes, but your character is still shown on the server for another minute. So if you alt+f4 or lose connection to the server (without leaving the "proper" way) your character is a sitting duck for a minute.

As far as I know, server hoping prevention will be released in 1.7.3

This would be awesome if it is true, do you have a source for this? I'd love to read it, I havent come across anywhere where Rocket says this, but that doesn't mean it's not out there.

This is precisely why I do like it. I want the zombies to eat you when you log out because it will stop all of the cowards that log out to the lobby then back in to avoid being eaten by zombies. Of course that will only work if they make it so zombies no longer despawn when you disconnect.
  • Like 1