Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Church

I hate painkillers

I hate painkillers - a terrible chemistry drug. An alternative would be for me cigarettes - matches are already in game.

trademarks: "Strikers" "Mentales Light" "Blue Smoks" - Fallout likes

Hah. Was playing last night and a buddy of mine brought that up, the lack of smokes in the game. However, its not really needed and there's lots more to fix. Perhaps in the standalone they will have little things like this for people.

seems like a silly waste of time to sit down and lite a cig, when you can just pop some painkillers and get on with it. maybe you could make painkillers have a down side if you were to use them too many times in a short period of time, which would make sense.

Cigarettes for stress, its why hands shaking. Painkillers should be like name suggest for pain, maybe some short ability to walk with broken legs? But after some time you again back to prone position untill you find morphine.

If addictive forms of "healing" Id like to see also whisky in place of heatpacks. Or just bring you thermal boost for some time. :P

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro
  • Like 1

I hate painkillers - a terrible chemistry drug. An alternative would be for me cigarettes -

Thanks, I laughed really hard at this.

Made my day LOL

• Like 2

Pure tabaco is not so bad, only one problem in modern world. That you buy mixed crap stuff not pure tabaco in cigarettes. And this what is added to tabaco is more unhealthy than pure tabaco. :P

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro

Thanks, I laughed really hard at this.

Made my day LOL

right man :lol:

It's a overstatement.

It's about choice - like pepsi or coca.

and @Dalegor

Why not :D

the world is at the end and you have to survive several hours yet. Why not sweeten the last days with painkillers, alcohol and tobacco.

okay okay - too much role-playing?

like fallout:

http://www.yiya.de/games/fallout2/html/f2_div.htm

yeah i don't think replacing them would be the way to go, but maybe giving an alternative with other side-effects etc.

Cigarettes should reduce stress and claim your nervous, then you get hooked and if you don't have them your stress should go through the roof.

• Like 1

If going to introduce cigarettes into the game which i support 100%, could we also have cigars? i like the idea of it taking a X amount of time to stop the hands from shaking through the use of smoking tobacco instead of painpills immediate cure, painpills should be for fractures, as of now fractures eventually dissapear in a few minutes without the need for any medicine.

Could also create a new rare item for the game, Zippo lighters, matchs should have a limit to there use, 25 matchs per box, but a Zippo can be used 100 times before runs outta fluid.

Ciggs should also curb your hunger.

They curb your appetite, not your need for food.

You don't starve to death in a matter of hours so it's appetite we're dealing with in the game. Also morphine doesn't cure broken bones.

Edited by JamesR