domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Is there anyway to turn off the news part at the top of the program, seems trend micro thinks that the site is bad and blocks the program from running.

That explains the recent crashes.

I will upload a build soon with a fix for it.

However, problem should resolve itself in a few hours when Trend Micro updates their page ratings.

• Like 1

Does the player database only update when you have DaRT running? I was gone over the weekend and some of the regular players said that their was a hacker in the server. I looked in the database to see all the players who were on around the time they said it happened. I didn't see anyone I haven't seen in the server before. I am using v0.8.1. I also have some friends who do not show up in the database at all (I only noticed this when i went to grab on of their GUIDs for them).

I also downloaded v 0.9 and the player database is empty.

Edited by EpOcH91

Does the player database only update when you have DaRT running? I was gone over the weekend and some of the regular players said that their was a hacker in the server. I looked in the database to see all the players who were on around the time they said it happened. I didn't see anyone I haven't seen in the server before. I am using v0.8.1. I also have some friends who do not show up in the database at all.

I also downloaded v 0.9 and the player database is empty.

Yes, DaRT has to be running since the player database is saved locally.

Can you verify that there is a player.db in /data/db/?

How big is it?

If updating DaRT you will have to overwrite your old files or copy your player.db over to the new version.

Otherwise your player database won't be transferred.

Yes, DaRT has to be running since the player database is saved locally.

Can you verify that there is a player.db in /data/db/?

How big is it?

If updating DaRT you will have to overwrite your old files or copy your player.db over to the new version.

Otherwise your player database won't be transferred.

Alright. Thanks!

Yea, i checked the db folder and saw a players data base file. It was 8kb.

Alright. Thanks!

Yea, i checked the db folder and saw a players data base file. It was 8kb.

Did you copy the new DaRT files in the same folder as the old one?

Did you delete the old folder first maybe?

If your player database is that small it probably got created during the update.

Did you copy the new DaRT files in the same folder as the old one?

Did you delete the old folder first maybe?

If your player database is that small it probably got created during the update.

I extracted the newer version into it's own separate folder and copied over my older database players file.

I use DaRT on both my laptop and desktop. I am on my laptop looking at my database, so it's smaller than the one on my desktop as I don't use it as much.

I didn't know if the database would/should be the same as it is on my desktop.

dart isn't showing anything in the logs tab? is that normal?

Did you enable any logs in the settings?

And do you even log any filters via RCon?

Now I am having another issue. I was trying to talk to players on the server, Yet I couldn't see their responses in the chat log on DaRT. I have tried using an older version and the current version.

The chat tab is returned to works for me, and the colors too. While i recognize that for certain ppl it could be hardly readable, especially for the side channel and its light blue / magenta .. we may need to have the colors configurable (even manually, inside the config file), or tweaking a little the colors making em darker than the original.

Also, we may needs the colors even in the "All" tab, so with a single window you can control everything and follow the chat as well.

Edited by WalkerDown

The chat tab is returned to works for me, and the colors too. While i recognize that for certain ppl it could be hardly readable, especially for the side channel and its light blue / magenta .. we may need to have the colors configurable (even manually, inside the config file), or tweaking a little the colors making em darker than the original.

Also, we may needs the colors even in the "All" tab, so with a single window you can control everything and follow the chat as well.

I changed the color for the side chat in the new version.

Didn't notice that it was hardly readable in the last one.

Will see if I color the chat inside the all tab too. Not sure about it yet though.

• Like 2

I would expect it tomorrow.

Edited by DomiStyle
  • Like 1

Found a few more bugs that I want to fix.

New version should come out later today.

Sometimes when i click on a player in playerlist and click ban it bans the wrong guy. It even says that the guy that i wanted to ban got banned by dart but it bans the wrong guy. I think it happens when the guy leaves the server after i click on his name and before i ban him.

Edited by spaceman9000

Sometimes when i click on a player in playerlist and click ban it bans the wrong guy. It even says that the guy that i wanted to ban got banned by dart but it bans the wrong guy. I think it happens when the guy leaves the server after i click on his name and before i ban him.

This is an issue with how banning with BattlEye works.

I still added a check for it:

14v07e0.jpg

• Like 1

Hi any chance you could change the ui so when in windows display options i choose the size medium it looks good here is a pic of what i mean i know its not massively important but would be nice.

Cheers.

Untitled.jpg

Edit hmm pic wont show here but will show if you click link.

Edited by TayTayTheKiller

Sorry to everyone waiting for the new update.

I am still working on the new BountyHunt which has a higher priority for me at the moment.

Hi any chance you could change the ui so when in windows display options i choose the size medium it looks good here is a pic of what i mean i know its not massively important but would be nice.

Cheers.

Untitled.jpg

Edit hmm pic wont show here but will show if you click link.

Not sure if I will fix it so soon.

I will add it to my list but I don't think it is worth the hassle.

Will see what I can do about it though.

Edited by DomiStyle

Small issue (it's not new tho): if you're looking at the server history, while connected, a new entry (line) will move your scrolling bar to the bottom.. so it's impossible to read the log window on a very busy server. Ideally the log window shouldn't move if you scrolled it up.

Is there any way to get the messages of xxxxx has been killed into dart? I would love to see that in my dart.

Would be very helpful if i could see that 5 people died at the same time or something.

Also, seeing who talks with voicechat in sidechat?

Would love to know if that would work.

This is an issue with how banning with BattlEye works.

I wouldn't call this an issue with BE's banning system. Banning is sound, the problem comes from the fact a player could disconnect and another connect into their slot in the time it takes you to type out a reason. I added a check for this before my RCon was even released, except it'll just go ahead and ban the player you were originally trying to ban even if they're not on the server anymore.

Small issue (it's not new tho): if you're looking at the server history, while connected, a new entry (line) will move your scrolling bar to the bottom.. so it's impossible to read the log window on a very busy server. Ideally the log window shouldn't move if you scrolled it up.

You mean like the log?

You did disable auto scroll I guess? Didn't have a problem with it for a while but will take a look at it.

Is there any way to get the messages of xxxxx has been killed into dart? I would love to see that in my dart.

Would be very helpful if i could see that 5 people died at the same time or something.

Also, seeing who talks with voicechat in sidechat?

Would love to know if that would work.

You would need to modify the Bliss addon which is responsible for the Deathmessages to send the messages via RCon too.

Don't ask me how though. Maybe you can get more information from someone else.

It's not possible to see who is talking via RCon either.

I accidently Permabanned someone from one of my servers, I ment to change the timer to 60 minutes but instead did it as infinite, Is this something done on this program or another way? and its an amazing program so BUMP:P

Sure, you can unban him via the Ban list or via the Player Database by just right clicking on him.

Thanks alot. you have my beans.

Ponduzn

You are welcome.

I wouldn't call this an issue with BE's banning system. Banning is sound, the problem comes from the fact a player could disconnect and another connect into their slot in the time it takes you to type out a reason. I added a check for this before my RCon was even released, except it'll just go ahead and ban the player you were originally trying to ban even if they're not on the server anymore.

Let's call it a design issue then. It's not very smart to use a player # for banning when there is some kind of unique ID like the player ID and the GUID.

VAC uses the Steam ID for banning too because it can't fail that way. Beside using TCP which is smarter for an administration protocol anyway.

Edited by DomiStyle
  • Like 1