domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

I'm still on v0.9 as the disconnects of the later versions isn't workable for me.

Would love to see two things added myself:

- Autoconnect to 'default' server on startup;

- Ability to preset the name of the Admin, so messages/announcements are getting the prefix of said name. Like this: "Rcon admin #1: (Global) Kalti: Hello guys!"

Thanks for the tool and all of the time and effort involved!

Both things are already included in v0.1.

Still working on the disconnect issue though.

• Like 1

Both things are already included in v0.1.

Still working on the disconnect issue though.

Ah man, sorry... should have done more then just glance over the changelog. Great news!

Any way for you to implement some kind of duplicate checking, basically a cross-check on IP, GUID, usernames?

Ah man, sorry... should have done more then just glance over the changelog. Great news!

Any way for you to implement some kind of duplicate checking, basically a cross-check on IP, GUID, usernames?

What do you mean?

In the player list? In the player database? Ban list?

Edited by DomiStyle

Would it be possible to get the source/solution for this? There's a few minor changes that I'm interested in that I don't really want to bother pestering you with.

Would it be possible to get the source/solution for this? There's a few minor changes that I'm interested in that I don't really want to bother pestering you with.

Source will be out with the final version. (v1.1)

Feel free to make a list of changes you would like to see though.

As long as they are useful they will probably find their way into DaRT.

What do you mean?

In the player list? In the player database? Ban list?

Well, I would think based on the player-database. Personally would like some kind of alert-system to notify me of found duplicates. (from multiple GUID's from one IP to interchanged usernames/GUID's/IP's)

Well, I would think based on the player-database. Personally would like some kind of alert-system to notify me of found duplicates. (from multiple GUID's from one IP to interchanged usernames/GUID's/IP's)

You can easily filter per IP or GUID.

Which will show you all GUIDs per IP or the other way around as well as every name used by this GUID.

• Like 1

How can i change server? if i type another ip it says login failed, but passwort and ip is correct...

How can i change server? if i type another ip it says login failed, but passwort and ip is correct...

That is exactly how you change the server.

Make sure that your password is properly set in your beserver.cfg and that there is only one beserver.cfg.

Please note that BattlEye will read any file like beserver_active.cfg or beserver_<somethingrandom>.cfg too.

Login failed means the server is reachable and RCon is running but the password you entered is incorrect.

Please also make sure that the port is correct if you are using a managed host, maybe you are trying to login on someone elses server.

Edited by DomiStyle

That is exactly how you change the server.

Make sure that your password is properly set in your beserver.cfg and that there is only one beserver.cfg.

Please note that BattlEye will read any file like beserver_active.cfg or beserver_<somethingrandom>.cfg too.

Login failed means the server is reachable and RCon is running but the password you entered is incorrect.

Please also make sure that the port is correct if you are using a managed host, maybe you are trying to login on someone elses server.

No, it is my server and password, ip and Port is tiped correctly. If i start dart it shows the old ip. Can i del properys in registry?

Edited by untier

No, it is my server and password, ip and Port is tiped correctly. If i start dart it shows the old ip. Can i del properys in registry?

No need to.

DaRT will save the new login info once a new connection is successful.

You can try out BERCon but I would guess it can't make a connection either.

Feature Request

Something I was missing in GUI and that never came to fruition: An added client-side (or alternatively shareable) GUID information list. In short, adding comments to players. I personally cannot remember GUIDs, not even my own. So I would love to add comments to players when using DaRT. For instance, a known player's name so I know if someone is an imposter. Or general information about his behaviour that does not result in an immediate ban. Basically everything I would be able to keep in a separate text file by copypasting the GUID and player name and adding info, only comfortably accessible from inside the program.

Said information (256 characters should suffice) should be displayed in a tab in

- the player list

- the ban list

- the player database

Since the player database is already stored locally (\data\db\players.db), I recommend using it. Otherwise, a separate file would ensure backwards compatibility.

Bonus points for somehow storing this in a database my mates can access but the simplest way would be a local client-side db file we can distribute to others manually.

Made a rough sketch of what it could look like, using simple image manipulation.

post-162499-0-49957400-1371083777_thumb.

A further enhanced feature would be the implementation of flags to quickly change and identify the status of a player (good, bad, is an admin / team member, is a hairy abomination,...), accessible via the context menu or flag buttons the same way you can mark your e-mails as favorite, junk, todo and so on.

---

Also would like an optional quick ban feature that bans a player for a minute or two right when the "Ban" option is selected. The reason being that my team wants to store information on player misconduct and who issued the ban with what intent in the ban reason section and think of reasonable tempban lengths. While we do, however, the player is still on the server. Ergo I would want a pre-ban that serves as kick and keeps the player out for a minimal time frame - as long as it takes to type in a proper tempban in order to prevent admins from having to react impulsively.

Feature Request

Something I was missing in GUI and that never came to fruition: An added client-side (or alternatively shareable) GUID information list. In short, adding comments to players. I personally cannot remember GUIDs, not even my own. So I would love to add comments to players when using DaRT. For instance, a known player's name so I know if someone is an imposter. Or general information about his behaviour that does not result in an immediate ban. Basically everything I would be able to keep in a separate text file by copypasting the GUID and player name and adding info, only comfortably accessible from inside the program.

Said information (256 characters should suffice) should be displayed in a tab in

- the player list

- the ban list

- the player database

Since the player database is already stored locally (\data\db\players.db), I recommend using it. Otherwise, a separate file would ensure backwards compatibility.

Bonus points for somehow storing this in a database my mates can access but the simplest way would be a local client-side db file we can distribute to others manually.

Made a rough sketch of what it could look like, using simple image manipulation.

A further enhanced feature would be the implementation of flags to quickly change and identify the status of a player (good, bad, is an admin / team member, is a hairy abomination,...), accessible via the context menu or flag buttons the same way you can mark your e-mails as favorite, junk, todo and so on.

---

Also would like an optional quick ban feature that bans a player for a minute or two right when the "Ban" option is selected. The reason being that my team wants to store information on player misconduct and who issued the ban with what intent in the ban reason section and think of reasonable tempban lengths. While we do, however, the player is still on the server. Ergo I would want a pre-ban that serves as kick and keeps the player out for a minimal time frame - as long as it takes to type in a proper tempban in order to prevent admins from having to react impulsively.

Will take a look at it for the next version.

Feature Request

- the player list

- the ban list

- the player database

---

Comments are pretty much done.

Just need to show them in ban and player list too now.

https://dayzhunt.com/img/dart_comment.png

Implementing the quick ban feature after that.

v1.0 will be out pretty soon.

Includes a fix for the disconnect issue, comments, a quick ban feature and much much more.

Edited by DomiStyle

hey Domi, we were having a problem on the server i'm currently an admin on.

we need the server map and the owner doesn't want to give out access to the database(dayzpriv)

think you could do a DaRT map?

hey Domi, we were having a problem on the server i'm currently an admin on.

we need the server map and the owner doesn't want to give out access to the database(dayzpriv)

think you could do a DaRT map?

There is no map one could do without the information from the database. ;)

hello

not compatible with the mod epoch why??

does not work

It does work.

What error message do you get?

here is the message;

connecting to 188.165.247.120:2372

invalid login

test on the same version 1.7.7.1 everything works rconpassword

but not work with version EPOCH

how should I do??

here is the message;

connecting to 188.165.247.120:2372

invalid login

test on the same version 1.7.7.1 everything works rconpassword

but not work with version EPOCH

how should I do??

The entered password is incorrect but RCon is running.

Check your beserver.cfg if you are using the correct password and also check if you are connecting on the correct port.

hey man! i'm really enjoying you're program, makes my life so much easier!

definately looking forward to 1.1, because i usually leave Dart running through the night to keep an eye on players conversations, and the disconnect bug is quite annoying in that respect.

About the map, i think it is definately possible if you have FTP acces to your server, and as such would be more of a logparser. the info is there, it's very time consuming to read it though.

if you need acces to a server to test/look into this, feel free to send me a pm!

keep up the good work!

everything is correct

Can you check everything again?

If you still have problems contact your hoster about the RCon password.

hey man! i'm really enjoying you're program, makes my life so much easier!

definately looking forward to 1.1, because i usually leave Dart running through the night to keep an eye on players conversations, and the disconnect bug is quite annoying in that respect.

About the map, i think it is definately possible if you have FTP acces to your server, and as such would be more of a logparser. the info is there, it's very time consuming to read it though.

if you need acces to a server to test/look into this, feel free to send me a pm!

keep up the good work!

Thanks.

v1.0 will be released pretty soon once I got time.

Just got my Oculus Rift and I am playing around with it a little bit. ;)

The only effective way to create a map is with database access.

Of course you could also read through the logs which is pretty ineffective though.

DaRT v1.0 is out.

You can download it here.

Incase you are having problems with your ban list you can also check out the BRS which will move your ban list requests to a reliable TCP connection.

You can download BRS here.

Note: BRS needs to be installed on the server, not the client!

Detailed instructions are in the readme.

Edited by DomiStyle
  • Like 1