domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Thanks, i've experiencing problems that i didn't had with the previous versions.. most of them are network problems, in example sometime i see players in the online list that have left the server some minutes before, sometime it doesn't even update the userlist, and the problem to the banlist i've talked into the previous messages.. the other clients are not giving to me these problems so it's not the connection nor the server. I'll try the new version tomorrow.. tnx.

The new version is out.

You can download it only here for now: http://forum.swisscraft.eu/DaRT/DaRT_new.zip

I didn't have much time to test out everything and I am sitting in a train here at the moment so it could take me some time to do it.

Feel free to tell me how it performs.

Ban list seems to be working worse for me with this version (haven't got it to load a ban list yet with a dozen or so refreshes).

Also, when the window is re-sized, the chat box does not (stays the same size regardless).

Addendum,

0.8.1 ban list still working same as before, can get partial list and refresh will get varing amounts each time (with some crashes)

0.8.2 ban list always times out for me (hasn't crashed though)

Verified text window re-sizing works fine with 0.8.1 but stuck in 0.8.2

Edited by Ddaddy
  • Like 1

Ban list seems to be working worse for me with this version (haven't got it to load a ban list yet with a dozen or so refreshes).

Also, when the window is re-sized, the chat box does not (stays the same size regardless).

Addendum,

0.8.1 ban list still working same as before, can get partial list and refresh will get varing amounts each time (with some crashes)

0.8.2 ban list always times out for me (hasn't crashed though)

Verified text window re-sizing works fine with 0.8.1 but stuck in 0.8.2

Yep, noticed the stuck chat box too late.

Will take a closer look at the ban list though.

Some stuff is still not working as expected.

I'm running 8.1 and have about 5300 bans. It was working fine until I added about another 100 bans to the list and the server would crash as soon as Dart fired up. I disabled the check for player and ban list request on connect. This seemed to resolve the server crash issue, but the ban list does not show up.

Will bans still be enforced even though the list is not visible in Dart?

I'm running 8.1 and have about 5300 bans. It was working fine until I added about another 100 bans to the list and the server would crash as soon as Dart fired up. I disabled the check for player and ban list request on connect. This seemed to resolve the server crash issue, but the ban list does not show up.

Will bans still be enforced even though the list is not visible in Dart?

Yes, banning will always work. Just look for the server response and you can be sure.

Yes, banning will always work. Just look for the server response and you can be sure.

I installed v8.2 and enabled player and ban list on request with 5618 bans. Appears to be working and didn't crash the server yet. Going to let it run and if I encounter an issue, I'll post it here.

Has the 3000ban BE limit issue been resolved (sorry, havent read any changelogs and stuff yet.. bit busy meself)? If so we will give the new Dart a go again..

Has the 3000ban BE limit issue been resolved (sorry, havent read any changelogs and stuff yet.. bit busy meself)? If so we will give the new Dart a go again..

It's more of a BattlEye issue.

I am able to request the ban list sometimes and sometimes not but in that case I can't request it via BattleWarden or BERCon either.

Give v0.8.2 a try.

I will, only major problem we had was that banlist issue.. it crashed (and auto restarted) our server which wasnt too good for the player population :) I'll try it tonight when our server is empty :) Gotta love the fridays of work :)

I will, only major problem we had was that banlist issue.. it crashed (and auto restarted) our server which wasnt too good for the player population :) I'll try it tonight when our server is empty :) Gotta love the fridays of work :)

The server crash is a BattlEye issue.

To stop DaRT from crashing your server you will just have to disable "Request players/bans on connect" in the settings.

I haven't has crashing server issues with 8.2 yet and have 4600 bans.

I haven't has crashing server issues with 8.2 yet and have 4600 bans.

It seems to be different for each server.

I did not have any crashes either but can't request it.

Both is an issue with BattlEye.

I just tried the 0.82 version and works ok for me. No server crash etc so far.

But when typing in chat or with players, its just a matter of luck if the messages will arrive, or goes very slow.

Havent you guys experienced this? Have had several hackers this evening (first ones) and then this tool have been very useful.

I can see that chat etc but not always that it works when typing.

Also the number of bans for me is at 604 in the upper right corner.

I just tried the 0.82 version and works ok for me. No server crash etc so far.

But when typing in chat or with players, its just a matter of luck if the messages will arrive, or goes very slow.

Havent you guys experienced this? Have had several hackers this evening (first ones) and then this tool have been very useful.

I can see that chat etc but not always that it works when typing.

Also the number of bans for me is at 604 in the upper right corner.

Does it work with BERCon?

Are you using Gotcha or are you streaming many logs via RCon?

Do you access the server from a bad internet connection?

Is the server overloaded?

Does it work with BERCon?

Are you using Gotcha or are you streaming many logs via RCon?

Do you access the server from a bad internet connection?

Is the server overloaded?

Its about 40-45 people on it. So I guess it might be due that what makes it slow? Cause during this night there was a faster response when typing things.

Also I have many of the options checked in the settings menu.

My internet connection isnt that bad, 60mbits, so I guess it shouldnt be that.

Although the "bans" number were lower with the 0.82.

Its about 40-45 people on it. So I guess it might be due that what makes it slow? Cause during this night there was a faster response when typing things.

Also I have many of the options checked in the settings menu.

My internet connection isnt that bad, 60mbits, so I guess it shouldnt be that.

Although the "bans" number were lower with the 0.82.

Could you try it with BERCon?

Where is the server hosted?

Thanks DomiStyle. That worked much better. Almost direct contact with that, while DaRT is like 5-10minutes after now :/ So damn slog in that log and when I type, nothing happens.

Hope this will be fixed in a later version since DaRT is really great when its few people on.

Been having so much problems with hackers the last 2 days now. With a big increase to population aswell, from around 15-20 at max to 50 now during peak.

So a good admin tool would sure be helpful.

The server is placed in London and rented from DayZ.st

Edited by Derb

Thanks DomiStyle. That worked much better. Almost direct contact with that, while DaRT is like 5-10minutes after now :/ So damn slog in that log and when I type, nothing happens.

Hope this will be fixed in a later version since DaRT is really great when its few people on.

Been having so much problems with hackers the last 2 days now. With a big increase to population aswell, from around 15-20 at max to 50 now during peak.

So a good admin tool would sure be helpful.

The server is placed in London and rented from DayZ.st

Could you try again with this version of DaRT? http://forum.swisscraft.eu/DaRT/DaRT_debug.zip

What i miss, and the real reason of why im still using BattleWarden:

- Windows (logs) are separate in Dart, but unfortunately these are almost unusable because if you follow one of them, the others aren't updated. So in example if i'm following the "All" one, but then i want to switch for a moment to the "Chat" one to follow the chat, i'll find it empty coz i were following the other one. BattleWarden updates boths together, so you can switch between them without any information loss.

- Chat colours: it's very hard to follow the chat in a busy server. The chat colors helps alot: blue for global.. yellow for vehicles etc.

What i miss, and the real reason of why im still using BattleWarden:

- Windows (logs) are separate in Dart, but unfortunately these are almost unusable because if you follow one of them, the others aren't updated. So in example if i'm following the "All" one, but then i want to switch for a moment to the "Chat" one to follow the chat, i'll find it empty coz i were following the other one. BattleWarden updates boths together, so you can switch between them without any information loss.

- Chat colours: it's very hard to follow the chat in a busy server. The chat colors helps alot: blue for global.. yellow for vehicles etc.

DaRT does update all of the logs.

So it will add to All and Chat at once.

Atleast it does for me and it should.

I am still working on chat colors for the next version, pretty much done now.

Just need to grab the correct color values from all the chat types to make it look a little bit better.

Should be done by friday.

Any other wishes for the color?

Currently only the "Chat" tab is colored.

Edited by DomiStyle

I do not know which end this problem is on, but Dart no longer picks up vehicle and direct chat for me as of last night. This morning it also stopped picking up side chat. I'm either thinking it's an issue with the server or typing into direct chat with nobody in range doesn't register it or something? I don't know, that hasn't been the case, as people have used all of the chats before to communicate with me as admin without a problem.

Edited by strider77

Not sure whats going on with those chat issues, haven't been able to test it yet either, our server has been down for the last couple of days :( What I do know is that when the server has had hackers on who injected scripts and nuked cities or whatever the connection to the hive is VERY laggy. Our admin messages (for server restarts and stuff) didnt show right away, but popped up about 5 minutes later. Cant really see this as a problem from within Dart, but might be wrong ofc :)

So i'm doing something wrong coz my chat doesn't come up if im in the "All" tab.. :o

EDIT: ye.. something odd.. my chat doesn't work at all.. the msgs are shown correctly in the "All" tab, but now the chat is empty, even if i switch to it.

Edited by WalkerDown

Had an issue where my dart was sending the shutdown command to the server every time I would connect, Not sure what was causing but a full reboot of my pc fixed the issue. So if anyone else has the issue just reboot your pc.

I do not know which end this problem is on, but Dart no longer picks up vehicle and direct chat for me as of last night. This morning it also stopped picking up side chat. I'm either thinking it's an issue with the server or typing into direct chat with nobody in range doesn't register it or something? I don't know, that hasn't been the case, as people have used all of the chats before to communicate with me as admin without a problem.

Is there anybody in range for the chat to get sent to the server?

Do you stream any log files via RCon?

Not sure whats going on with those chat issues, haven't been able to test it yet either, our server has been down for the last couple of days :( What I do know is that when the server has had hackers on who injected scripts and nuked cities or whatever the connection to the hive is VERY laggy. Our admin messages (for server restarts and stuff) didnt show right away, but popped up about 5 minutes later. Cant really see this as a problem from within Dart, but might be wrong ofc :)

Still investigating why some messages get delayed.

So i'm doing something wrong coz my chat doesn't come up if im in the "All" tab.. :o

EDIT: ye.. something odd.. my chat doesn't work at all.. the msgs are shown correctly in the "All" tab, but now the chat is empty, even if i switch to it.

I will take a closer look at it for the next update, it worked the last time I checked it though.

Had an issue where my dart was sending the shutdown command to the server every time I would connect, Not sure what was causing but a full reboot of my pc fixed the issue. So if anyone else has the issue just reboot your pc.

I wasn't able to recreate this issue, do you do anything special in order to cause this?