Sign in to follow this  
pizzaman11

I thought patches were suppose to improve the game?

since 1.7.2.5 I basically can no longer play.

I can't update to 1.7.2.5. on commander because it states "Error getting files". Then the Six launcher says its updated but states i'm still on 2.4. I tried manually and that hasn't done anything.

So I just undid everything and just tried playing on 2.4. yet I still cant. Most servers state that it's out of date, if I'm lucky to find one that doesn't say that I get kicked from the game when I try to join, and when i'm the luckiest I get into a game just to spawn back on the coast.

Does anyone have any answers?

Download and install it manually by either torrenting the files from the main site or downloading it from there. If that dosen't work delete your @dayz folder and completely redo it. You should always backup your folders before messing around with them ... a lesson for the future.

same has happened to me. Cant test a game that cant be played. I quit trying yesterday. Apparently from what Ive read there has been more problems caused by the patch than fixed. Im not complaining about something thats free and Im not bashing dayz or its creators but the game is going to need a serious overhaul before it can be played and tested the way it was intended.

EDIT - This was a problem for me even before I tried updating last night.

Edited by Laus

From what I understand you haven't even updated to 1.7.2.5 so I don't understand why you are criticizing the update when you're unable to get it to work.

This is what you have to do because six launcher isn't working for me and my friends: Have 1.7.2.4 installed, download the latest update via torrent, place the new files into the addons folder (@dayz/addons) and overwrite everything. Voila, you are now updated to the latest dayz.