Sign in to follow this  
Ramblin Hans

Helicopters

Do not stand in a field and try to wave them down. It is not the army coming to rescue you, or drop off food/medicine/weapons.

:)

But seriously, are helicopters armed? Friend and I got killed by one when we were hiding deep in the trees. Nailed me with some sort of explosives. I assume they have some sort of spotting gear, and/or rockets + machine guns?

They have mounted machine gun(s) that people can use.

Deadly.

lol u got killed by explosives then u my my friend met a hacker they have lmg's on both sides but need side gunners to shoot them, no rockets or missles.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yea, in this case it did seem extremely sketchy, but wasn't going to jump to conclusions. Trying to learn how to best react when we hear a chopper nearby.

How many helicopters spawn on a server, I read that it is just 1 but I've seen 2 helis on one server.

I've always wanted to find a chopper, simply so I could run a server-wide Evac service in case things get a bit hairy for anyone.

I love playing the Guardian Angel.

I found a chopper just north of the high values at the hospital in Cherno, I think it was a hackers. we were fixing it up when one of our mob jumped in it and out of it then everything was repaired so we bungled in and started flying, I was the pilot.

Just as I turn my screen cap on the game crashes.

One of my friends is able to bail out and chute to the bottom, the other went down with the ship, when I logged back in I was on the ground lol....

So does anyone know the number of choppers per server?

1 chopper per map... legit that is. Scripturds, on the other hand, will constantly bring them in... and often get them stolen (those despawn after a reset, however).

Do not stand in a field and try to wave them down. It is not the army coming to rescue you, or drop off food/medicine/weapons.

:)

But seriously, are helicopters armed? Friend and I got killed by one when we were hiding deep in the trees. Nailed me with some sort of explosives. I assume they have some sort of spotting gear, and/or rockets + machine guns?

If you were hearing explosions then someone may have scripted in an AH1.

How many helicopters spawn on a server, I read that it is just 1 but I've seen 2 helis on one server.

I've seen 2 on a server at the same time as well. Both were over elektro and one of them had a pretty terrible pilot because he crashed into the hillside probably 30 feet from us.

I'll never live down my computer crashing. All I get now is slagged rotten for it.

belewaveit or not.... there isone rocket laucher that you can get lagitly, the m136 launcher... but keep in mind that when you find one it will replace your backpack

Thanks. Yea, in this case it did seem extremely sketchy, but wasn't going to jump to conclusions. Trying to learn how to best react when we hear a chopper nearby.

Get on the ground, preferebly in bushes.

Or you can do like everyone else, ALT F4

Get on the ground, preferebly in bushes.

Or you can do like everyone else, ALT F4

or stand directly under it as one takes off, like i did one time... dam those gillies