Bandora

Problems with DayZ Commander updating to 1.7.2.5/

Hi there, I tried updating Day Z via DayZ Commander. I managed to update ARMA 2, but after that it says "Error getting files" when it goes to update Day Z. Now I can't play Day Z since it says that I have a bad version and the server is rejecting my connection.

Anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Kinds regards,

Bandora21

I also have the same problem and cannot update through six launcher either.

Is it possible to delete the patch update for Arma 2 perhaps? So we can just play 1.7.2.4. Cause now I can't do anything and it really bugs me.

Anyone know how to delete or exchange the new arma 2 patch with the former one without losing your char?

Same here with both sixlauncher and dayz commander. Says error getting files when I try to update it manually through commander.

Hello,

Im getting errors when trying to manually update. DayZ commander states "Out of date" and i click install, download the 94mb patch then i get an error

"Error extracting System.Unauthorizedacc (doesnt fit the box)

at System.IO_error.WinIOE)INT32.exe

(Whole other bunch of system ones)

At Sharpcompress.Reader.Ireaderexten...

At Dotjosh.Dayzcommander.App.Core..

Any thoughts?

Hello,

Im getting errors when trying to manually update. DayZ commander states "Out of date" and i click install, download the 94mb patch then i get an error

"Error extracting System.Unauthorizedacc (doesnt fit the box)

at System.IO_error.WinIOE)INT32.exe

(Whole other bunch of system ones)

At Sharpcompress.Reader.Ireaderexten...

At Dotjosh.Dayzcommander.App.Core..

Any thoughts?

I get the exact same issue, would love to know what's up. Also my Dayz Commander version is up to date.

Same here, dayz commander gives me an error, and six launcher does not update at all even though it says there is an update.

Edited by Lightstylez

Same, but if i run as admin it makes it to 1 or 2 % then just freezes..

Edited by Bestadamire

Can you make sure you delete your @dayz mod directory before trying to do the install? Something in windows (file/folder permissions, or read-only settings) is preventing dayz commander from overwriting your existing mod files.

Im glad im not the only one, It seems like the sixupdater isnt even recognising that there is a new update to 1.7.2.5, It still says 1.7.2.4, and despite relaunching, manually installing everything (Battleye, Beta, dayZ files.) My dayZ is still not working, Would love to know how to fix, because im craving my dayZ.

Thinking i might make a youtube video on how to install this game correctly.

The ones ive watched dont explain from step 1 to final. And most are outdated now.

This has been one of the toughest games to get running stable.

@Proffessor Plum - your version should be 1.7.2.4/95xxx (i use 95883) - should be able to join 1.7.2.4 server still (there white on commander/sixupdater list)

@Dotjosh I will try deleting the @Dayz directory before trying to do the install ^^

FYI: The folders Arma 11/OA are read only - if you unselect read only it auto goes back straight away. Maybe something with steam? (running win 7 pro)

Let you know how it goes

Cheers

Edited by 12apid

Can you make sure you delete your @dayz mod directory before trying to do the install? Something in windows (file/folder permissions, or read-only settings) is preventing dayz commander from overwriting your existing mod files.

Thanks Heaps Mate - worked perfectly - i can now play 1.7.2.5 ^^

Ok so im having the problem in the original post and i am on commander version .67. I am going to try a complete reinstall of DayZ via Dayz Commander and let you know if it worked.

UPDATE: It did not work unfourtunatly, but I did find a fix. I turned off two of my DayZ setting and to my amazement it worked! The setting you need to turn off in DayZ Commander is to Lauch via Steam. After turning that off all is working fine.

Edited by zOmnicyde