pwntrooper

Friendly Players?

So I've been playing only about two weeks now, and having a blast with my buddy (who accidentally axed me a question...), but one thing has been bothering me...

I realize that PvP is part of the game, and I think that's awesome. I'm actually more afraid of players than zombies, which is a trend in a lot of zombie movies/books/etc. The thing that gets me, though, is that in all the time I've been playing every single player I've encountered has just shot me. I'm not complaining in any way; they play their game their way, PvP banditry is "sick," whatever. But I am a little disappointed that I haven't come across any players that are willing to trade gear, maybe even work together a bit. I've gone out of my way to not shoot other players, but then it seems like I'm the only one.

Are there people out there like me who don't just insta-frag? Or should I think about my videogame "morals" and begin my axe murdering spree?

• Like 1

I'm a friendly and will only shot if someone fires at me first. I do get killed a lot though as most people just shoot on sight so i tend to avoid people as much as possible. Take earlier for example a hacker killed the whole server and i respawn and begin to run towards the city when i come across another survivor also newly spawned after the hacker. He then runs into a building and finds a crowbar and he starts chasing me trying to kill me. Its like i haven't got anything so what would be the point...

Same, even tho i only played this game for like 5 dayz but i have yet to meet someone friendly, heck even someone that uses the chat...

Are you in EU or US? Because i'm starting to think that there are more friendly people in the US :s

I've met plenty of friendly players and im from EU, but also a fair share of people who just want to kill me onsight :'(. Its just a matter of luck on who you run into not becuase of location ^_^ .

But i see plenty of YT videos where i see people using the chat and are mainly more friendly.

I'm probably very unlucky :P

yep.. you'd be best trying to find friends in the forums to play Day z with.. you might not have much luck making friends in game

• Like 1

yep.. you'd be best trying to find friends in the forums to play Day z with.. you might not have much luck making friends in game

this unfortunately is your best bet :/

would love to just find random friendlies, or hell i'd even like the occasional "hey im starving could you spare some beans, pls".. but its rare to stumble upon them in the game

Yeah, I'm thinking I might try to just team up with more people here, but that's different than finding someone completely random and using the direct chat to team up for a bit or even just acknowledge each other and move on. It's really just disappointing that other players might as well be NPCs to shoot and kill for all the interaction I'm getting from them. As for more friendlies being on US, I play on US servers so I think humans are just going to cap you wherever ;)

Maybe one day...

Hi PWN, there are lots of us, we do exist. You won't find us by approaching us in the game as we have our heads down and the only people coming at you are those who want to kill you.

Add your skype/teamspeak/steam whatever names to your thread and invite people to add you. And add people who see in similar threads. You'll make some good friends.

I'm on sulalee01 (skype) but have a backlog of people to meet up with, so I'd be happy to meet up and explore it might be a week or two before I work through my list of folk to play with first. :)

Where's the best place to find friendly people? Even someone who asks questions before they shoot would be nice once in a while.

Yeah, or at least just says, "Hi, give me your stuff and I won't shoot you. Thanks!" That would be way more exciting than, "Oh. Person. YOU ARE DEAD."

The earlier days of the game had more cooperation, now it's 90% kill on sight or some other huge percentage. Virtually everyone I encounter tries to kill me, despite the fact that I keep my primary weapon holstered and just carry my pistol around.

For this reason, I avoid other players entirely.

As a guy who just got shot in the back of the head after someone who called "Friendly" decided that healing me with my own blood bag was too much effort, I can really see where you're coming from OP, the lone wolf thing works well if you can get the right gear (Lasted over 30 days, got killed because I got stupid, and now I've died five times just trying to find a box of matches). However, watching youtube vids of people in groups makes me realize that, while I've proven I am competent enough to survive, I'm missing out on a lot of the fun by being a loner, Sirdeath posted that link to the Regulators site, I might just check that out...

There's plenty of us out there. I myself have what is now quite a big group of people that i play with, all met through the forums, and a couple recently in game. We always looking for more talent if anyone's interested, let me know (PM or post)

Hey guys,

If your looking for a group of friendly players then look no further!

Rolling Dice owns its own server, has voice coms for easy communication, we are a laid back group who are just looking to have fun

Feel free to pop into our mumble server or come play with us in our server all the details are on this forum post. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/59939-rolling-dice-gaming-community-cooperative/#entry572900

So I've been playing only about two weeks now, and having a blast with my buddy (who accidentally axed me a question...), but one thing has been bothering me...

I realize that PvP is part of the game, and I think that's awesome. I'm actually more afraid of players than zombies, which is a trend in a lot of zombie movies/books/etc. The thing that gets me, though, is that in all the time I've been playing every single player I've encountered has just shot me. I'm not complaining in any way; they play their game their way, PvP banditry is "sick," whatever. But I am a little disappointed that I haven't come across any players that are willing to trade gear, maybe even work together a bit. I've gone out of my way to not shoot other players, but then it seems like I'm the only one.

Are there people out there like me who don't just insta-frag? Or should I think about my videogame "morals" and begin my axe murdering spree?

Its just that you cant trust anyone, for some days ago i played on nigth time and a guy ran into me with a zombie i killd the zombie, after 2 minuts he gets a weapon start shooting at me ( i almost died but managed to kill him anyway)

So you see? my point is, if you meet anyone at let us say elektro he is unarmed, you let him go and then you meet him again and he kills you!

Thats my problem thats why i kill almost everyone i see

PS: i am not a spawn camper!