Sign in to follow this  
Tsyn

Database Coordinates?

I'm helping a buddy of mine 'fix' his database (Was having issues with vehicles spawning where they last exploded) and unfortunately Battleye ended up kicking several people, so there's a few choppers in the air. Each time the server restarts they explode... So now the issue is resetting them to where they should be respawning.

So the question is this: How do you read the co-ordinates in the database of a Private hive?

Example: k0wUJbEraeRP-DJ1-uQj.png

Note: All of those are from land vehicles.

If anyone could give me a link to an explanation (I've looked...) or explain it here it would be appreciated.

060 078

103 021

and so on

Okay, so what are the first and last values account for?

And if I enter just 3 digits is it going to screw something up?

==

Could you give me an example of putting something at 061 068? The entire string of co-ordinates would be much appreciated.

Edited by Tsyn

Sorry, I know nothing about servers or databases whatsoever, I was just looking at Lingor Island vehicle spawns when I found this table and the coordinates were just like yours, so I had to work them out. In that table the first one is vehicle id (but how that can be minus something?), the second one is position and the third one is otype (0.00 something (whatever that is)). This is probably something different, related only to position?

Here's a line from the file if it's of any use:

INSERT INTO `spawns` (`id`, `pos`, `otype`, `uuid`, `descr`) VALUES

(1, '[79,[3572.71,1374.62,0.00143909]]', 'Ikarus', 4294967295,

Edited by Fonzie

Sorry, I know nothing about servers or databases whatsoever, I was just looking at Lingor Island vehicle spawns when I found this table and the coordinates were just like yours, so I had to work them out. In that table the first one is vehicle id (but how that can be minus something?), the second one is position and the third one is otype (0.00 something (whatever that is)). This is probably something different, related only to position?

Here's a line from the file if it's of any use:

INSERT INTO `spawns` (`id`, `pos`, `otype`, `uuid`, `descr`) VALUES

(1, '[79,[3572.71,1374.62,0.00143909]]', 'Ikarus', 4294967295,

Eeeek, no sir. I'm looking at these values in navicat. You're looking at the raw SQL file ._.

Check out the position in your assembled database and you'll be staring at the same thing I am.

An example of the full table:

bB-7CC4QaYKhaLhAXzXu.png

Edited by Tsyn

Okay, so what are the first and last values account for?

And if I enter just 3 digits is it going to screw something up?

I don't know anything about the engine or what Hive is other than a server-side thing, but just a guess... The coordinates you see in-game are obviously not high precision. They go up in 100 meter increments.. so between the 060 and 061 longitudinal coordinates there are 100 meters.. 6040.0923 must be 40.0923 meters East of the 060 longitudinal coordinate.

It'd be no good if the database only stored positions at intersections of coordinates.

Could you give me an example of putting something at 061 068? The entire string of co-ordinates would be much appreciated.

If you wanted to put something at 061 068 you would use [x|[6100.00| 6800.00|0]] ... that would put the object at the exact point where the 061 longitudinal line crosses the 068 latitudinal line.

If you wanted to put the vehicle in the middle of the 061 068 coordinate box, you would use [x|[6150.00| 6850.00|0]].

I guess the x is hight?? The hight of the terrain obviously varies and you'd have to put the exact height of the terrain other wise the vehicle will spawn in the air or under the ground...

I expect someone who has actually used this stuff before will be able to help more with the height thing.

Edited by OminousPenguin

I don't know anything about the engine or what Hive is other than a server-side thing, but just using common sense... The coordinates you see in-game are obviously not high precision. They go up in 100 meter increments.. so between the 060 and 061 longitudinal coordinates there are 100 meters.. 6040.0923 must be 40.0923 meters East of the 060 longitudinal coordinate.

It'd be no good if the database only stored positions at intersections of coordinates.

If you wanted to put something at 061 068 you would use [x|[6100.00| 6800.00|0]] ... that would put the object at the exact point where the 061 longitudinal line crosses the 068 latitudinal line.

If you wanted to put the vehicle in the middle of the 061 068 coordinate box, you would use [x|[6150.00| 6850.00|0]].

I guess the x is hight?? The hight of the terrain obviously varies and you'd have to put the exact height of the terrain other wise the vehicle will spawn in the air or under the ground...

I expect someone who has actually used this stuff before will be able to help more with the height thing.

I don't know anything about the engine or what Hive is other than a server-side thing, but just using common sense... The coordinates you see in-game are obviously not high precision. They go up in 100 meter increments.. so between the 060 and 061 longitudinal coordinates there are 100 meters.. 6040.0923 must be 40.0923 meters East of the 060 longitudinal coordinate.

Well I considered your idea except there are a few flaws... But basically you're right on the money.

I'll try what you're suggesting and I'll get back.

Did a bit of research and below I show strings that relate to co-ordinates. These strings were taken straight out of the database. (Asked a play to give me their coordinates and log out).

[58|[6070.22|6674.55|0.0569153]] - 060086

[230|[4169|10932.2|0]] - 041043

This is melting my brain.

It looks like the North-South coordinate is just reversed... In game it starts at 02 in the north and increases as you go south, whereas the engine starts the North-South coordinates in the south and they increase as you go north.

Extrapolating from those two coordinates you gave, 00 is 152. To convert in-game 086 to the back-end number 152-86 = 66. The fact that it's 6674.55 shows us that he's about one quarter of the way down through that 086 latitude and if he went a bit further north he'd cross the 086 line and the back-end number would go up from 6674.55 to 6699.99 and then 6700.00 as he stood on the 086 line.

Make sense?

Edited by OminousPenguin