Sign in to follow this  
MrMarinac

What is Humanity?

Hi DayZ comunity!My first post here!

I would ask what is the new "humanity" in 1.7.2.5? How does it work and what is it?

Thanks for your replies :)

Basically its like Karma, if you are one of the kids that slaughered the noobs and sniped in Electro, then you are most likely wearing a bandit skin now and are KOS to the rest of us :)

• Like 8

What is this hero skin and how does that work then? I've yet to play since the update but read it in the rolling update thread? Is it like the opposite to the bandit skin and if so, obviously the bandit skin you'll get from killing so how would you get this?

Personally I doubt having a KOS skin will stop players killing players, it's all part of the game.

• Like 1

@hds02115

It won't stop all players from killing players, but it will stop the people who panic and kill people on accident or kill people just in case. It has already seems to have increased the stories of random kindness on the boards.

Most importantly, it'll increase the KOS against actual bandits. And some of those guys have -1,000,000 humanity.

Anyway, your humanity returns on its own slowly over time it seems. So if you just stop killing other players eventually you'll get a hero skin.

• Like 3

Ah right, it all seems clear now. I'll admit to killing other players but I'm not the type to gear up, then sit and take out anyone I see running through one of the bigger cities. It will help though when spotting a player off in the distance. I'd like to team up but can't play enough to join a clan so seeing a friendly player would help. On the flip side though, they could be freshly killed bandits who have yet to kill enough to re-gain their bandit skin.

Still, not complaining like lots of people on here. besides the graphic glitch I love the mod.

Do i kill zeds or players to get it/decrease it? And what happens when I increase/decrease it too much ?

Killing players Lowers it, Healing players raises it.

Once it is lower then 0, you get a BANDIT SKIN and cant wear ghillie or camo

Once high then a certain point, you get a HERO SKIN

• Like 7

Thank you sir!

Oh that sounds brilliant you sir get my beans, thank you for the explanation!

This isnt true. I have a hero skin and killed a man today as he would not respond to our calls of friendly both in mike and text, im now on -1200 and i still have the hero skin

Edited by thelonewarrior
  • Like 1

is this patch already in the main SixUpdater System? Because i don't think i've seen it around yet (just read about it now and here)

is this patch already in the main SixUpdater System? Because i don't think i've seen it around yet (just read about it now and here)

Nope.

You can't wear ghillie suit if you're a bandit? that's just stupid.

The hero skin gives you a camo scarf around the neck, a white coat and some bad ass looking kevlar flak jacket with packs (its not the standard body warmer, its kevlar body armour)

I have -99k humanity. I can still wear a ghillie.

And no I don't just kill unarmed kids on the shore. "Murders" from before this patch carried over apparently. Almost 100% of my kills were on people who shot first, or had a big enough gun for me to justify taking them out. The others were unarmed noobs who didn't respond to "friendly?" and tried to open my backpack and take a gun out.

My friend has -10000 and yet he still wears a ghillie...If that was truly a fact then I doubt many people would enjoy that but to my knowledge what you say isn't right.

Humanity carries over after death. It's not a measure of how decent a person you are to other players since the last time you died, it's a measure of how decent you've been to players since you started playing.

You can wear ghillies and camo if you're a bandit, though.

On a side note, there is a concerted effort on the boards to spread disinformation to maintain the necessary level of ambiguity bandits need to survive. Today I encountered a bandit in a Ghillie suit in Balota while trying to recover my body today. Unfortunately, facing in a certain direction produced too many artifacts for me to see more than 10 meters. He didn't seem to have that problem since he was facing away from the artifacts.

Anyway, he emptied three clips from his pistol in my direction and missed each time after he couldn't hit with his sniper rifle. To be honest, he only ended up succeeding because I had wound up in Balota after breaking my leg crawling over a step that was a few inches too high and I hadn't found so much as a hatchet in the last two towns.

He finally got point blank and emptied his gun into me while I was crawling away (although he was immediately eaten by zombies, so...uh....).

It's kind of striking once you realize what most of the bandit playerbase consists of. People who have horrible aim so all they can do is chase down crippled, unarmed targets while dressed in ghillie suits even if they die just to make a point.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 6

I have -30k humanity and i'm wearing a ghillie suit, so, yeah... bandits can wear ghillie suits.

Additional way to increase humanity: kill zeds. I gained approx 150 humanity after putting my trusty hatchet to the heads of two dumb zombies.

Are we all playing the same game? How the hell are people gaining humanity this way?

Unless...maybe you steadily gain humanity up to, say, 2500. But to get higher than that you have to heal people/kill bandits?

I have 3900 humanity, and it is not increasing from zombie kills or over time. I think it stop going up after a while.

From what I heard we're still working on pre-1.5.8 humanity.

So you lose X humanity + Y * shots taken to kill for every murder (shotgun pellets = more shots per shell fired)

You gain Z humanity over time until you reach 2500 humanity. Regenerating humanity stops at this point.

If you ever drop below 0, you gain a bandit skin. You have to go back to 2000 before you lose your bandit skin and get your survivor skin back.

Additionally, if you're over 5000 humanity you get a hero skin.

Bandaging someone restores 20 humanity. Bloodbagging someone restores 150.

So if you kill one person, the minimum humanity you lose looks like 2500. It would take you using 100 bandages or 14 blood packs on other players to recover from that humanity loss and get your survivor skin back.

If you look at how long the bandage animation is (5 seconds?), we're talking at least 8 minutes and 20 seconds of doing nothing but applying 100 bandages in a row just to recover from the one person you killed.

On the other hand, it looks like humanity recharges over time until you reach 2500 humanity at a rate of 150 every ten minutes. So it would technically take 2 hours and 20 minutes without a murder to recover from the one you committed...minimum.

A bandit who has killed 5 people has to go for 7 hours of gametime without killing anyone at minimum before they get back their survivor skin. Or use 500 bandages. Or 70 blood packs.

Some interesting details there. It doesn't look like banditry is a system that is easily manipulated, since it slows people who don't want to be called bandits to one kill every few hours. It also explains why people have such ridiculously high murder counts -- they must have spent all of their time doing nothing but killing people.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 3