So I have been traveling in DAYZ for a little longer than a month. Still no matches/axe/hntg knife.

Found a water bottle once:] Just now I found a crash site!! So excited,sneaked up and one gun for kloot which I lost as my back pack couldnt hold so it dissapeared?? Is there a way to get in helicopter to loot?? Anyway I lured military zombies to kill and check if they hold cool loot but was deaded by the deadites*. anyone have comments or explanations on crash sites?

The loot spawns around and under* the helicopter.

If you place an primary weapon in a bag with less than 10 spare slots (or Pistol w/ 4 slots) the weapon may dissapear.

*Loot spawns under the ground sometime, it's a good idea to look at the floor and sometimes find loot.

Loot also spawns around 0-10m of the heli crash, so they are not all litteraly touching the helicopter. :)

Edited by T3hCr0w

while i cannot comment on crash sites, have you tried running through towns or esp barns in search of your other listed basic gear?... hatchets are fairly common in barns, as for the hunting knife and matches those are a little bit trickier to find >_<

best of luck to you

To put a gun in your backpack you need 10 open slots, not 8. And yes, the loot spawns around it, mostly close to the heli. And just prone by the zombies and you won't have to deal with them :P

So I have been traveling in DAYZ for a little longer than a month. Still no matches/axe/hntg knife.

Found a water bottle once:] Just now I found a crash site!! So excited,sneaked up and one gun for kloot which I lost as my back pack couldnt hold so it dissapeared?? Is there a way to get in helicopter to loot?? Anyway I lured military zombies to kill and check if they hold cool loot but was deaded by the deadites*. anyone have comments or explanations on crash sites?

Not sure if trolling or not....... no matches or axe for a month ? I shit axes on a regular basis Edited by shazbot04

Ten spare slots for primaries and five spare slots for secondary weapons. The loot can spawn somewhat in the ground so run your crosshair over the ground around the chopper, and in literally every crash i've come across except for one that was actually on the top of the NWAF has had a good weapon spawn in the helicopter, underneath of the metal. Even if one or two people have gotten to the crash before you there's a good chance they didn't check under the actual chopper themselves.

I knew I should have done a little more searching! As for the hunting knife/matches yah man I have run around in towns/barns but honestly not enough. If you play this game without guides, you find a great deal of your time spent checking totaly unlootable buildings:] But the athmosphere and reality of the game brings you back. I love it and if the stand alone game sucks(loses this raw unheard of flavor)I will still be happy to have experienced it in its purest form.

• Like 1

Not sure if trolling or not....... no matches or axe for a month ? I shit axes on a regular basis

I have found all items, just not together*

I have found all items, just not together*

I see i see well from my experience matches and knifes always seem to being in a grocery store nine times out of ten hit those up

You need 10 available slots in your backpack to hold a second primary weapon, as well as space for the ammo unless you put it in your inventory. Also, to switch between primary weapons you never want to put a weapon IN to your bag. You always want to take the second weapon OUT. This is very important. So, if you're already holding a weapon and want to switch to the one that's in your bag, take the other weapon out instead of putting the one you're holding in. If you don't, it will delete it every time.

Edited by KField86

Ok, thanks on the item switching. That seems very important. Man I saw that crash site and thought it would contain mana from heaven. I had a bear trap on my person when deaded BTW. Thought peopole were wondering if they were spawned on some post. I found it in a Barn.

I knew I should have done a little more searching! As for the hunting knife/matches yah man I have run around in towns/barns but honestly not enough. If you play this game without guides, you find a great deal of your time spent checking totaly unlootable buildings:] But the athmosphere and reality of the game brings you back. I love it and if the stand alone game sucks(loses this raw unheard of flavor)I will still be happy to have experienced it in its purest form.

thats the best way to play, part of me wishes i never looked at a external map :/

I know right, Basicaly if I spawn at Chenarus, I know to run to the pier then into the city proper. Once I spawned at an airstrip, I was very excited, found a couple bunkers with alot of player bodies. None of them lootable. I think maybe the killers chose hide body?? But I just have no idea where I am most of the time:] Went on deer stand hunt recently and ended up glitched in no mans land!! But it is very George Romero Dawn of the dead feel.(My opinion)so this game rocks NUFF said.