Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Carramack

Loving 1.7.2.5, awesome additions/fixes, I am most impressed.

I have been playing DayZ a fair while now and getting relatively sick of a few things, excluding hackers and bugs, the zombie movement/ pathfinding for one, the seemingling generic law of KoS etc, i was about ready to take a long break from the game until standalone or noticable fixes were put in place, howver this might be it?

Firstly the slowed animation speed is it? of the zombies thus seeming to improve their pathfinding or at least stopping them zigzagging so much so they are actually hittable at range is a great improvement. Also i love the new reinstatement of humanity, so far that is all i've really seen as i've only played the latest patch for a little while but just wanted to say thanks for this rocket/ dev team, much appreciated.

• Like 2

oo nice, i did not know they hade improved the zombies pathfinding and random zigzagging :)

i have installed but not played yet, but will do ^^

oo nice, i did not know they hade improved the zombies pathfinding and random zigzagging :)

i have installed but not played yet, but will do ^^

I'm not sure if they addressed that directly but i think they just slowed the animation or movement speed or something which from what i can see has improved the zigzagging greatly:D

I found a heli crash and since now I can actually hit those zeds, I just went full rambo and shot about 30 of themfrom 100 meters. Well then I found out the hard way that ammo refilling has been fixed and had to survive with 5 mags with 2-6 ammo in each. This ought to reduce the amount of snipers in Elektro, I think.

• Like 3

I found a heli crash and since now I can actually hit those zeds, I just went full rambo and shot about 30 of themfrom 100 meters. Well then I found out the hard way that ammo refilling has been fixed and had to survive with 5 mags with 2-6 ammo in each. This ought to reduce the amount of snipers in Elektro, I think.

Yeh, this has been the best patch to date, or at least in a very long while, the game has definately recieved a new lease of life i would say

I find it bad having limitless ammo becoming limited ammo,even though it's more realistic :P

Shame I won't be able to shot with AKM several scores to tens of dozens of zeds,relog and then again to build up the score xD,but it will also be nice seing sniper amount drop,as mentioned alredy.

I find it bad having limitless ammo becoming limited ammo,even though it's more realistic :P

Shame I won't be able to shot with AKM several scores to tens of dozens of zeds,relog and then again to build up the score xD,but it will also be nice seing sniper amount drop,as mentioned alredy.

I think it won't have much of an effect as you think:

These people sniping often have ghillie suits. If so, they can easily regain their ammo by changing clothing.

I'm not sure if it is a common trend, but I have snuck up on quite a few godmode snipers - no matter how many swings of the axe they get, or bullets to the head, they will not die. These guys obviously would have no trouble spawning ammo for themselves.

I thought this patch was suppose to fix the artifact problem with dead soldiers/barbed wire etc. though this seems to be same at least for me?

I thought this patch was suppose to fix the artifact problem with dead soldiers/barbed wire etc. though this seems to be same at least for me?

You might have joined servers that haven't updated yet.

Nop

You might have joined servers that haven't updated yet.

Nope I've tried two servers which are up to date anyone else that has this problem or am I just "lucky"?

Nop Nope I've tried two servers which are up to date anyone else that has this problem or am I just "lucky"?

How are you lucky? Artifacting is still there, not as bad but i would take zombie pathfinding improvements+ humantity over a relatively minor graphical error.
  • Like 1

How are you lucky? Artifacting is still there, not as bad but i would take zombie pathfinding improvements+ humantity over a relatively minor graphical error.

"Lucky"...

zombie path-finding improvements don't mean jack squat if you can not see the zombies in the first place due to blinding graphical artifacts.

zombie path-finding improvements don't mean jack squat if you can not see the zombies in the first place due to blinding graphical artifacts.

It's not like they're there constantly, like zombies, and the artifacting is still there in the new patch, this is what i would like to see patched next if possible Edited by Cpt.Carramack

the artifact issue is certainly not fixed, green mountain, stary sobor camp and airfield are one massive acid trip. zombies seem much better tho, indeed. less rng in their detection, and indeed seemingly better pathfinding. still fell in a invisible whole on a rock when raiding a camp, and when trying to step out of it I simply died instantly. seeya in a few patches again I guess. maybe. If I can be arsed to pay another bill for my server.

Well, I fucking spawned in Kameka as a dude with the inventory of my girl character and dressed with a friggin' turban around my head, what the bloody fuck?!

Well, I fucking spawned in Kameka as a dude with the inventory of my girl character and dressed with a friggin' turban around my head, what the bloody fuck?!

Yeh i heard character information got messup up or something, and that means your humanity is low from killing survivors

Why bother even writing that reply? Fucking twat.

Yeh i heard character information got messup up or something, and that means your humanity is low from killing survivors

I have 0 murders 0 bandits killed and 0 humanity

New patch is great... cept for the fact that every time I log in I'm placed at a random spot on the beach.

• Like 1

I have 0 murders 0 bandits killed and 0 humanity

That's because you're new, no offense meant. I've got 3 zed kills + 1 survivor kill for a total of 51 humanity; I guess this means I'm fairly neutral with a minor tendency towards helping.

That's because you're new, no offense meant. I've got 3 zed kills + 1 survivor kill for a total of 51 humanity; I guess this means I'm fairly neutral with a minor tendency towards helping.

No, I'm not new... I've been playing this game more than a month and this particular character for a week... I had the luck to be able to evade every single character I've met.

Well then I found out the hard way that ammo refilling has been fixed and had to survive with 5 mags with 2-6 ammo in each.

Haha, finally :-) best fix ever ... makes the word "survival" in this game worth something now

"Haha, finally :-) best fix ever ... makes the word "survival" in this game worth something now "

It would if duping wasnt still possible.