drakenof

So about the skins

I found myself a nice soldier outfit. Not the sniper one, the soldier one.

Sadly it's absolutely blurred as fuck for some reason. Just awful.

I have ArmA 2 CO ( ArmA 2 + OA ) and PMC, wich addon should i have to get the proper skin ?

As I haven't seen them yet, possibly its a BAF camo? But couldn't say, haven't tested.

Curious too.

I don't understand why the skins have to be from the DLC. There are plenty of great skins to choose from in ArmA 2 and OA. Unless it is an attempt to get people to buy the DLC, it just doesn't seem like a good decision from the devs.

camoskin.jpg

Jacked it from another thread - yeah, it's a BAF unarmed soldier which means it'll look like shit for everyone who doesn't have stupid DLC, like myself. As I've said in another thread rocket should've gotten some "donated" models with backpack bones from addonmakers instead of trying workarounds like this so if people want to play with high res textures they have to buy a dumb DLC which they won't play as a whole at all most likely. I really don't understand this reasoning.

Rocket, if you're seeing this, all skins will be a single piece or there will be the option to find specific pieces such as for the head, torso etc.?

I personally liked the bandit/survivor skins more, but that's just me.

Met like 10 people today, they all ended up shooting at me. There is no real way to tell if someone is a good guy or a bad guy. Yeah, realism and all that, i get it, but seriously..

The only good thing about this is that when you kill someone in self defense you don't get the bandit skin.

I am really curious though what will happen now that everyone is a potential threat to you. Me and my friend ended up shooting everyone on sight. Not because of the loot, but because you just never know...

I don't understand why the skins have to be from the DLC. There are plenty of great skins to choose from in ArmA 2 and OA. Unless it is an attempt to get people to buy the DLC' date=' it just doesn't seem like a good decision from the devs.

[/quote']

A lot of models (skins) in Arma 2, Arma 2:OA cannot support the use of backpacks.

To increase the variety of skins, PMC and BAF models were used.

i have PMC lite and BAF lite from the combined operations package on steam, do these contain the skins?

I don't understand why the skins have to be from the DLC. There are plenty of great skins to choose from in ArmA 2 and OA. Unless it is an attempt to get people to buy the DLC' date=' it just doesn't seem like a good decision from the devs.

[/quote']

A lot of models (skins) in Arma 2, Arma 2:OA cannot support the use of backpacks.

This is BS. Custom models could be used instead of low res models that require DLCs to buy. And if you're concerned with how big the mod files would get two character models aren't really that big filesizewise.

Custom models could be used instead of low res models that require DLCs to buy. And if you're concerned with how big the mod files would get two character models aren't really that big filesizewise.

It would be great if there was a custom skin competition. I'm sure we have many talented peole around this place from all around the world:cool:

[/quote']

This is BS. Custom models could be used instead of low res models that require DLCs to buy. And if you're concerned with how big the mod files would get two character models aren't really that big filesizewise.

You are forgetting this is a mod made by 1 man, and a bunch of volunteers.

If you want us to stop fixing bugs, and start pumping out custom skins, then get everyone else on your side.

Omg the new interchangeable skins use premade models from DLC that i don't have! Why the hell would the devs do this as the very 1st introduction of this feature! WHY ISN'T IT FUCKING PERFECT IN ALPHA!?

/sarcasm off

Get the fuck over it people. The mod is hardly even a few months old, still in alpha, and you people are complaining that a few interchangable skins don't work for you? This is hardly a game breaker, and will likely be resolved in due time. Until then, suck it up.

seriously people just f*ing stop complaing about everything, this isn't even beta, you're not even at beta testing stage, it is ALPHA for god's sake. if you can't stand the game right now come back in 6 months.

^

^

this +1000

i can't even begin to imagine how Rocket would feel if he read all of those threads. the download link clearly says not only alpha but test. they are trying things before investing time to make new art for it.

i can't believe people's attitudes. you didn't even pay anything to play this awesome stuff.

constructive suggestions/critiques are welcome i'm sure but this demanding whining tone in all those threads and posts has to stop. who do you guys think you are? learn coding and modelling and make your own goddamn game/mod. JESUS!

camoskin.jpg

Jacked it from another thread - yeah' date=' it's a BAF unarmed soldier which means it'll look like shit for everyone who doesn't have stupid DLC, like myself. As I've said in another thread rocket should've gotten some "donated" models with backpack bones from addonmakers instead of trying workarounds like this so if people want to play with high res textures they have to buy a dumb DLC which they won't play as a whole at all most likely. I really don't understand this reasoning.

[/quote']

Buy the bastard DLC you cheap arsed twat.