Sign in to follow this  
ventris (DayZ)

Despawning vehicles

Yesterday me and my friends found a car and a bus. We filled em up with items and weapons and went out on a ride. when we were about to log out we hid the vehicles in the forest. We also put up a tent and filled that with the most valuable shit. When I logged on today the vehicles had despawned but the tent was there and all items in it was was still in it. So Im just wondering why our vehicles would despawn? Because Im 110% sure that we saved them before we logged out. As no items was stolen from the tent Im sure that the camp had not been found and the vehicles had been removed that way.

Is it possible for the vehicles to just randomly despawn? I thought that it only did that when it was unused for 7 days or if it was not saved upon logout.

We were the only ones on the server at the time when we hid the vehicles. So I highly doubt that they were stolen.

Im just wondering if there might be some bug that makes them despawn or if you need to log in after each server reset to save them again or something like that.

Edited by ventris

That really sucks, but yeah I'd say maybe while you were gone they found it? I'd say they would have taken some supplies out of your tent though... Maybe it did save properly...

Its located just on the edge of the map in the deep forest, with like minute run to the nearest town or road. And we are playing on an low populated server (Only about 3-5 other players from us) so the chance that they would have found it is extremly low.

Some people run alng the edge of the map, hunting for camps.

Also,I heard of a bug where the vehicles skip spawning for one server restart. (Allegedly happens after first save/first restart and should respawn normally, at the saved location, after the next restart).

If you found them together they might have been hacked in. A "friendly" hacker once spawned a camp of vehicles around my group and told us to take what we wanted. We took a huey, a ural, and a UAZ up north and hid them. Saved them each 5 times. They despawned after the server restarted. I looked it up and apparently hacked in vehicles despawn after restarts.

No we didnt find them together, but we placed them together in our camp. We found the bus in the middle of an hayfield and we had to get everything new, tiers, fueltank, fuel, engine etc so it was freshly spawned. And I found the car in another nearby city where it was crashed into an roadblock with some minor damage to the vehicle so I think that the driver was killed?

The glitch where vehicles despawn also makes tents despawn so you can confirm if your tent is there and know your vehicles were stolen. Get over it and go find them again?