Sign in to follow this  
Zer0graV

Artifacts FIXED?...Maybe they are!!!

Ok so maybe the artifacts are fixed after all. A friend and I went to Starry and got the artifacts near the tents right away. My friend said he was going to try a flush (Hold Left Shift key, Hit Numpad - key, then type the word "flush" without the "s) and he reported it cleared everything up. So, I tried it and sure enough it cleared everything up for me as well. We looted Starry and the NWAF and had no issues at all after the flush. I'm thinking that maybe the artifacts may have been cached or something. This really surprised me because flushes never worked for me or any of my friends in the past. In short the flush worked for us both and held for the rest of the night without even a hint of an artifact.

What I did:

1. Deleted my old @dayz/addons/ folder content.

2. Replaced it with Rockets full install torrent from his 1.7.2.5 post.

3. Updated to the most recent Arma2 beta patch.

4. Went to Stary, flushed at first sign of artifacts.

Results: 2 days artifact free at both Stary and NWAF.

Things that have no effect imo:

GPU type

GPU drivers

In-game video settings

I say this because playing on 2 systems with different hardware and settings have had the same result. No more artifacts.

Good Luck.

Edited by Zer0graV

I know it sounds like BS, but again ... flush never worked for me before and actually made the artifacts worse. If it didn't work for you, sorry I wasted your time. But, I had NO issues after the flush.

Edited by Zer0graV

Updated my original post with some details on what I've done to clear up all artifacts on 2 completely different systems.

priceless got nothing better to do :D flush never worked for me. only sometimes did changing my graphic settings work. I'll go ahead a try a flush when I log back in @ green mountain!

I'd strongly suggest blowing away your old @dayz/addons/ content and using Rockets torrent for a fresh install. I know the steps I've posted are nothing new but they worked for me.