Sign in to follow this  
dem_lyxs

[Standalone] Solution for everything

!! All of my suggestion are for the upcoming standalone version, because i don't think they can made it into the

mod, being very hard to realize!!

IF you want to comment, i would love it, if you read the whole text (only 5,4k letters and spaces and ' and ()

) and maybe overthink it once or twice before hating me.

There is an simple but yet hard method to stop or fix or balance the following things:

Extreme PvP-ing

Server-Hopping

Ghosting

Alt+f4ing

stability issues

Unoffical server issues

old version server issues

Only day/night server issues

teamplay issues

CHEATING

LOOTCYCLING

now we come to the idea i had when i just created a new WoW-character.

short: bin players to like 4 servers and gave them fixed name.

long: spoilers

I think it would be great, if there are regional server arrays, so let's say e.g 2 servers in low-pop regions

and 4-5 in high-pop region tied together.

if you join one of this servers, you character will be only save in that server arrays 'privat' hive, so only on

this 2-5 servers your items and stuff will be saved.

if one hive only gets information from max. 5 servers, it would be much faster and much more reliable.

to allow this feature to work, we need servers with a heck more slots, i think rockets dream of 200 is possible.

(some WoW servers run with more than 5000pl at peak, adding

Npc's, Pvp battles and so on)

YES! this servers are expensive, but bohemi mad a lot of $$$ with arma2 (through DayZ) and will also make a lot

with arma3 / dayzgame, so they can effort that. ofc. there won't be hundredt of high-end servers in the

beginning, and

you might being queued, but i think that this is worth it.

to the ppl who say: but i want to host a server with my settings: you still can donate to get servers in your

region.

to those who say: i want this special setting: there aren't that many different settings

to those who say: i don't want queues: you can play on 3 different arrays, which means you can have three

characters, and shoul always be able to play

(when u live in europe and have a peak time there (20pm) then it's like 12am in NYC, so off-peak)

(contoverse idea: when you first start the game, it will recognize your IP and you will be binded automatically

to ONE array, that with the lowest ping. this will ensure a one-language community one some arrays)

how can this fix server-hopping? only 4 servers left to hop. and if u log out, you cannot reconnect on the same

array for 5 minutes.

to those ppl who say: but my interweb sucks: deal with it. if you interweb sucks in CS you are lost, same for

bf, cod, wow, gw, d3, and all the other online-games ( i dont realy understand thus arguments anyway...)

how can this fix ghosting? read above

how can this fix alt+f4ing? read above

(controverse: if you leave the game, there is a big, red flag where you logged of showing your log-off time and

name for 5 minutes, so ppl can get your name and remeber it or even report you)

how can this fix extrem PvP-ing? if you get killed, everyone can read, who killed you, so if you kill some one,

your name will get bad props. to keep it a lack realistc you can't see it your serlf, but i know others can tell

it to you via ts, mumble, vent, skype, in-game voip or anyother communication, i dont care (: )

how can this fix stability issues

Unoffical server issues

old version server issues

Only day/night server issues ?

if you still dont know it, think about it again

teamplay issues? if you join a server now as a lone-wolf you hardly know anyone. if you 'are forced' to join the

same array alway, can might be able to build in-game friendsips or even a little community. the should also be a

forum only for members of this array to hang out and chat, maybe with Voip integration like the esn sonar from

Bf3)

two other ideas, that affect all points mentioned up there:

Nametags: to allow the anti-pvp featuere to work in game, there should be name tags for a distance like 40

meters ( i dont know, i dont like this idea...)

Anti-Namechange: I think, once you selected an array, you choose your game-tag and also a password and

'register' for that array. this username can't be changed (may be for a little fee :D ), in order to track your

identity. not sure about the following: you can have a different name on each array, so 4 name. this might me

cool, if you are schizophrenic, but it would allow you to have a bandit array, and that's not the idea.

Some more stuff:

later on, each array should have it's own part on the offical websiete. there you can sign up for an array using

your gamekey or steam logins. you cna have a amount decided by the devs of free arrays ( i think, two would be

best, one near you and one for peak times), each other array must be extra-paid (this is NOT PAY 2 WIN! you

don'T get any boosts or so, you just suppoert the game and it's devteam.

as mentioned before, each array should have it's own forum aswell, where usere can, for example create a

blacklist of bandits or a white-list of survivors, may be also trade and so on...

due to a key-binded name, hackers will have it much harder, once black-marked they can easyly be sorted out

(they are registerd) and need to buy new keys. if they don't get detected, the got atleast blacked on that

array. being blacked on two arrays means: buy accses to another (so it's pay 2 win :D )

hiding the number of players on a server. preventing players from joinging empty servers to loot nw AF or the

high risk super duper holy shlamoly loot spawns on the new map with out fear. also hiding number of zombies

(you can't know this...)

it would be great if you leave constructive critic and also some beans :D

Edited by dem_lyxs

@Inick: i think you can't read. i said, that i would like it if you read the text and then leave a comment. u just scrolled down and started flamin lieke a little girl. nice cummunity

@priceless: how is this topic related?

Edited by dem_lyxs

I read the whole post (honestly) And didnt get much of what you were writing, sorry man. Of the things I did understand most of them goes against the dev´s vision

Edited by z3n

maybe i can shorten it: bind players to servers. no more ghosting, hopping. and you might think twice before you give ur (fixed) name bad props

maybe i can shorten it: bind players to servers. no more ghosting, hopping. and you might think twice before you give ur (fixed) name bad props

there you go