Sign in to follow this  
BonnyBrown

Force "killed by" messages

I'm tired of having fraps video where I unload into a person only to have them be invincible and be killed without any way to identify who did it. I'm tired of fraps video with an invisible person hacking me to death with an axe without any way to identify the person. I'm tired of fraps video of me being blown up by random nuke garbage without any way to identify who did it.

Not having this information only protects hackers, enough of this bullshit.

I'm tired of having fraps video where I unload into a person only to have them be invincible and be killed without any way to identify who did it. I'm tired of fraps video with an invisible person hacking me to death with an axe without any way to identify the person. I'm tired of fraps video of me being blown up by random nuke garbage without any way to identify who did it.

Not having this information only protects hackers, enough of this bullshit.

Yet your dumbass has no proof ie the fraps you talk of to show any of this nonsense u report.

Yet your dumbass has no proof ie the fraps you talk of to show any of this nonsense u report.

Why the hell would I post a video of me being killed by an unknown hacker who I can't even identity? What a waste of my hard drive space that garbage is. Are you dense or something? Why should people not be able to identify who killed them with the rampant hacking going on in this game?

Also, this isn't a "report" it's a suggestion you fucking idiot, learn what different sections of a forum means.

Edited by BonnyBrown

So the server admin can ban them or at least check the log files for cheat scripts. Also helps if you post the server you were on.

Why the hell would I post a video of me being killed by an unknown hacker who I can't even identity? What a waste of my hard drive space that garbage is. Are you dense or something? Why should people not be able to identify who killed them with the rampant hacking going on in this game?

Also, this isn't a "report" it's a suggestion you fucking idiot, learn what different sections of a forum means.

Dude calm down, first off for suggestions you need something to back it up with, calling the videos you mentioned a complete waste of space does not help your argument, however if you maybe decided to show an example of how you would like it to pop up maybe someone will take you seriously.

and if this is a suggestion maybe you should actually suggest it instead of saying what you are tired of and be all pissy and moaning about it.

So the server admin can ban them or at least check the log files for cheat scripts. Also helps if you post the server you were on.

I'm not here to report anything specific, I'm here to suggest that when a person is killed, there be a "killed by" message, so those of us who fraps their sessions can easily submit proof of the action and identify the offender. There's no reason why this identifying information should be hidden considering the rampant hacking going on.

Dude calm down, first off for suggestions you need something to back it up with, calling the videos you mentioned a complete waste of space does not help your argument, however if you maybe decided to show an example of how you would like it to pop up maybe someone will take you seriously.

and if this is a suggestion maybe you should actually suggest it instead of saying what you are tired of and be all pissy and moaning about it.

Am I in retard land today or something? I need to back up my suggestion that we need a killed by message with video of hackers killing people without any identifying information? Have you even played this game before? How could you not know that hackers kill people and there's no way to know who they are?

As for how this message would come about, how about "X was killed by Y." Man, common sense is clearly lost on some people here.

I agree not just about getting hackers though, its about getting revenge i would like to know who killed me.

Am I in retard land today or something? I need to back up my suggestion that we need a killed by message with video of hackers killing people without any identifying information? Have you even played this game before? How could you not know that hackers kill people and there's no way to know who they are?

As for how this message would come about, how about "X was killed by Y." Man, common sense is clearly lost on some people here.

Im not saying you have to back up your suggestion, im saying it helps if you have visuals to get people to listen instead of just writing "im tired of bla bla bla, i want bla bla bla", and yes i played the game before and i agree with your suggestion, but maybe propose it a little more professional manner.

and i know it seems retarded to have to show how you want it to show up, but trust me giving visual aids to your suggestions no matter how simple they sound helps.

This is an issue about hacking, not about the game itself.

To be authentic, if you was killed by a bandit, you wouldnt know who it was in order to take revenge when you reincarnate.

So I say NO

RoastLamb, there is no other way to stop them.

The log files don't show killed by properly. Its a complete mess and leaves admins with less power than the hackers.

Giving a "Killed by" message, even if its only visible to admins. Then it is a fantastic idea (that has been suggested a lot since the start). I'm still surprised it isn't here yet, perhaps its not possible.

Without it, it lets hackers run rampant on non nametag servers. They need to either force name tags on every server so hackers can get reported properly. Or add the "killed by" message so people can report, or admins can see when a hacker mass kills people.

I kind of agree that something like this needs to be implemented until the hackers are dealt with.

Not as a perminant feature, but as something to protect alpha testers.

In the end I think the entire thing should be removed. (i.e. no 'was killed' at all) But not yet.

RoastLamb, there is no other way to stop them.

The log files don't show killed by properly. Its a complete mess and leaves admins with less power than the hackers.

Giving a "Killed by" message, even if its only visible to admins. Then it is a fantastic idea (that has been suggested a lot since the start). I'm still surprised it isn't here yet, perhaps its not possible.

Without it, it lets hackers run rampant on non nametag servers. They need to either force name tags on every server so hackers can get reported properly. Or add the "killed by" message so people can report, or admins can see when a hacker mass kills people.

Game logs that admin have access to is another matter. Thats just common sense. But in game, No, it goes against the premise of the game.

In fact i think they should do away with the 'john smith' was killed pop up as well. When someone dies, everyone on the planet dosent get telepathic message informing them of the death do they. If you want to know that you killed your target, you should go and check for the body, and run the risk of being caught out.

Edited by RoastLamb